[Official] Anime/Manga Thread

anyone seen this movie, Sword of the Stranger? Im going to give it a shot, looks pretty well done.

Thanks for reminding me to watch it as well, I totally forgot about it. Bones FTW.

anyone seen this movie, Sword of the Stranger? Im going to give it a shot, looks pretty well done.

Sword of the Stranger is a decent movie. Great animation but poor story. I did not enjoy it as much as other samurai movies, such as Ninja Scroll since it featured an annoying child as its main protagonist.

Well as long as it's not LP or some other emotrash it's good and it seems Japan loves Eurodance as much as i do atm also kinda wishing i could go!

Japan is overrated.

Anyone know if this is from an anime or just an image? I know the name of the artist is Kozaki Yusuke

post-120066-12655755411317_thumb.jpg

Anyone know if this is from an anime or just an image? I know the name of the artist is Kozaki Yusuke

post-120066-12655755411317_thumb.jpg

Just an image AFAIK, I have a larger version (the level of detail is awesome). He's done some other character designs according to MAL.

post-4583-12655767686184_thumb.jpg

That is what i figured i did see a version of the image that contained sketches and things of that image as well. However I was really hoping there was an anime around it.

That is what i figured i did see a version of the image that contained sketches and things of that image as well. However I was really hoping there was an anime around it.

Gunslinger Girl comes to mind with the whole clothing attire but the characters are kinda young :laugh:

Gunslinger Girl comes to mind with the whole clothing attire but the characters are kinda young :laugh:

Yeah i kinda thought of that as well. I have seen that before in the past. Kinda looks like Speed Grapher as well (currently watching)

Kinda looks like Speed Grapher as well (currently watching)

On my never-ending list of things to watch, his work looks similar to Range Murata's designs.

in what way?

also wrong place to say that.

I'm talking about its pop culture. It looks fascinating and exotic to most occidental eyes but it's nothing special compared to what Hollywood produces. Its quite ridiculous to see people become otakus (of any kind) of cultures that they have never visited or experienced first hand.

On my never-ending list of things to watch, his work looks similar to Range Murata's designs.

Watch it right now! There are scenes/situations that made me feel physically sick. Despite its flaws, it's one of the most intriguing, enthralling anime series I've ever come across and one of the handful of anime series that took me out of my comfort zone.

I'm talking about its pop culture. It looks fascinating and exotic to most occidental eyes but it's nothing special compared to what Hollywood produces. Its quite ridiculous to see people become otakus (of any kind) of cultures that they have never visited or experienced first hand.

Hollywood?*snicker**snicker*

also after visiting 2chan it seems Japan is just as guilty of obsessing over something it hasn't experienced first hand but that's besides the point.

^The both of you definitely should watch it. I've posted about the movie around Christmas I believe. The story, animation, artwork and music all fit perfectly well with each other. It's a must see for every anime lover imo.

@Radish™: The person who made that image also has an account at deviantART: KYMG. I've been following him on deviantART for a while now. He also made an awesome artpiece for Bakumatsu Kikansetsu Irohanihoheto (image on the left).

Edited by Capric0rn

^The both of you definitely should watch it. I've posted about the movie around Christmas I believe. The story, animation, artwork and music all fit perfectly well with each other. It's a must see for every anime lover imo.

Hopefully I should be able to watch it tomorrow :)

Sb0W7.jpg

I decided to read Eyeshield 21 since it's Superbowl Weekend and had a similar plot with Over Drive. I'll sum up the 37 volumes with a few fragmented statements.

Main team has Crash bandicoot as its logo. Girls cry. Guys are built like Hercules, protagonist is meek, girls are deliciously curvy/cute and supposedly "intelligent" yet constantly on the verge of tears. Protagonist always wins regardless of the impossible odds, antagonists are depicted as egoistic playboys with the signature "evil" smile and look like they're in the 20's, One player looked like he got out of prison for multiple homicides. Most of the "enemies" all are either delinquents, models or both. Home team is always depicted as grade school students in comparison. Protagonist has potential to be Japan's greatest player even though he only learned how to run by running errands for bullies.

Oh, and there's football. I completely forgot about that because the manga is essentially Dragonball, Yu-Gi--Oh!, Ouran High School Host Club, Bleach and Naruto mixed together. There's no originality in this manga and is simply another shounen manga for teenagers. The mangaka even creates names for "special moves" that each player would do to flip the game over for his team.

6/10 for being another typical shounen manga even though it was a bit exciting at times but I was constantly reminded of the stupidity of the characters when the "honor student" female would cry at every display of strength by one of her male friends. LAME! So much potential and I was enthralled by the first few volumes then completely let down.

Note: The mangaka has a thing against Americans. An American coach leads a team called the NASA Apollos and refers to all the Japanese as "yellow monkeys" and constantly mocks the physique of Asians, especially Japanese. >_>

post-274334-1265254785979_thumb.jpg

Check out Infinite Ryvius if you enjoyed the anime. It's significantly darker and more "politics" between teenagers in space. I greatly disliked the Planetes anime series since it greatly deviated from the masterpiece manga and turned the whole manga into some silly terrorist plot. The manga is one of the best, realistic sci-fi stories I've ever read.

Edit: Realized that Neowin now features some recommendation post feature. If you think my review or my recommendations are helpful, feel free to abuse the green button. However, if the search function doesn't allow you to search by most recommended posts, then forget it.

Cool, thanks for the suggestion. I seem to like anime shows that are in space for some reason..

I'm trying to decide what to watch next: Evangelion or Nodame Cantabile.

What do you think guys?

Cool, thanks for the suggestion. I seem to like anime shows that are in space for some reason..

What do you think guys?

go for Nodame.

Also anyone know of any animé that's kinda like the Gumball 3000?

What do you think guys?

:laugh: Get ready for a slice of insanity with Evangelion. Go for Nodame since it's light hearted comedy.

By the way, if you really love space based anime, I suggest checking out all the recent additions to the Gundam franchise, such as Gundam SEED and others. Heroic Age should be considered to be the anime series that has the most beautiful depictions of planets and solar systems.

go for Nodame.

Also anyone know of any anim? that's kinda like the Gumball 3000?

:laugh: Get ready for a slice of insanity with Evangelion. Go for Nodame since it's light hearted comedy.

By the way, if you really love space based anime, I suggest checking out all the recent additions to the Gundam franchise, such as Gundam SEED and others. Heroic Age should be considered to be the anime series that has the most beautiful depictions of planets and solar systems.

Hmm, hard to choose.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll have to think this one over, I may be in the mood for a comedy though.

I have watched Gundam SEED Destiny which I really liked. I have Gundam 00 but the files don't have an english sub on them. Maybe I'll have to stream in that case.

I've also just got current on Naruto Shippuuden.. Man what a battle between Sasuke and Itachi! Some of the best fighting I've seen in a while...