[Official] Anime/Manga Thread

Yeah naruto was getting quite slow lately, but now things are getting interesting. Also I just stared watching "Blade of the immortal" seems like nice anime. Has anyone read manga I can't seem to find it (not that I've looked that hard for it).

Slow? We just got finished with the huge super hokage vs sasuke vs madara fight, straight into the sasuke vs danzo fight, which then has climaxed into what just ended. Naruto hasn't been slow since jaria's death I think. Bleach keeps flip flopping, and I believe next episode will be sort of slow.

Now, lets get some bleach discussion back on track. Gin. What is Gin doing this whole fight? Why is Aizen, a guy who has slaughtered those who are of no use to him, just going into the fight full throttle, while Gin is still around to help. Gin hasn't even budged an inch in this whole grand royal fight. My friend asked me a question that would flip bleach even more.... What if Gin was the real master mind? We all know Aizen found Gin as a kid, and as a kid, Gin had a huge amount of talent and skill, enough to kill other high ranked shinigami. So what if somehow, Gin was the real master mind to all of this, and Aizen was really his helper, but just playing a role as the supreme one...? What are any of your takes on what is happening? How do you think this battle will go down?

I think CC will fall next match, and that it will be a permanent death. Or at least that is what I'm really expecting and hoping for. Some nice change up to the world that we are accustomed to.

Also, I think its unfair for both anime Naruto/Bleach to play filler arcs at the same time. Sort of leaves the week dull.

The latest Naruto chapter was mental.

Do you think Naruto will now finally realise he has to kill Sasuke? He was about to kill Sakura!

I think he always knew that. It was just a matter of him not accepting that Sasuke has changed

Latest Updates:

- Dropped Bartender (Awful voice acting and very plain animation. The story seems to have been written by a high school student who learned what allegories and similes meant for the first time)

- Dropped Casshern Sins (Soul Eater meets Texhnolyze. The result makes it a very plain, drawn out story surrounding one character with many fights and terrible one liners)

- Dropped Gunslinger Girl - Il Teatrino- (Unlike the good, sophisticated first season, the second season throws away its class and simply degenerates into a loli show with guns and awful animation)

- Dropped Clannad (What in the bloody hell is so appealing about this harem anime series? Someone must turned character animation into faces with pig noses and slapped on a lame group of private school students who make romantic relationships their number one priority. I'll forget watching its highly acclaimed sequel since the first season is mind numbing. Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you day time soap operas realized as an anime series!)

- Watching Gintama (Absolutely hilarious as always. The third season seems to be as good as the previous seasons)

I think he always knew that. It was just a matter of him not accepting that Sasuke has changed

That's because he has a huge man crush on his "childhood friend". Shounen manga emphasize on idealistic childhood friendships, which reflect the naivety of the genre.

- Dropped Clannad (What in the bloody hell is so appealing about this harem anim? series? Someone must turned character animation into faces with pig noses and slapped on a lame group of private school students who make romantic relationships their number one priority. I'll forget watching its highly acclaimed sequel since the first season is mind numbing. Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you day time soap operas realized as an anime series!)

correction it's not a harem anim? but galgame anim? which means you're missing all the jokes that were started in the game also all the adult content.

@shakey: It's what I said in my post as well. They showed off every important character walking their own paths towards "The Day".

@Masked Forever: NGE was influential but I didn't feel revolted or any rage. Haven't seen an anime which made me feel like that at all.

@Matrix XII: I'm sure you're gonna like Eureka seveN. It's an anime which sucks you into the story right from the get-go. I couldn't even help myself to watch the last 5 episodes all in one evening. When you've finished the show you should watch the movie, which has an interesting and awesome alternative storyline.

Yeah man, I'm definitely planning to watch that next (Y)

Macross Plus, Cowboy Bebop - Knockin' on Heaven's Door, Sword of the Stranger

Your MAL list doesn't have them. (I checked through our shared anime link.)

Thanks, it might just have to be Macross Plus. I want to go through Cowboy Bebop as a series (Y) :)

Thanks, it might just have to be Macross Plus. I want to go through Cowboy Bebop as a series (Y) :)

I loved Macross Frontier, what is Plus in relation to it?

I loved Macross Frontier, what is Plus in relation to it?

afaik not much but it takes place on Eden which you can see in the prologue of Frontier not sure if there are any character relations or what not.

I have not watched much of the Macross franchise but there are many similarities with the Gundam universe. The franchise essentially is the Star Trek of anime whilst the Gundam franchise being Star Wars.

I gave Macross: Plus a 9/10, which is very rare from me. It's very similar to Planetes. The great character depth and interaction featured in the OVA is not a common sight in the world of anime.

I have not watched much of the Macross franchise but there are many similarities with the Gundam universe. The franchise essentially is the Star Trek of anime whilst the Gundam franchise being Star Wars.

I would say Macorss was more like Freespace than Star Trek.

Also im trying to watch Gintama again although there might be only one reason ill keep watching.

Also im trying to watch Gintama again although there might be only one reason ill keep watching.

Which would be? It has its ups and downs but it is one of the few anime series that has made me burst out laughing.

That reason being Rie Kugimiya.

That's an interesting way to watch animated shows. According to Wikipedia, she's a successful voice actor and the one behind Alphonse in Fullmetal Alchemist.

That's an interesting way to watch animated shows. According to Wikipedia, she's a successful voice actor and the one behind Alphonse in Fullmetal Alchemist.

Also the voice of my beloved Nagi-chan.