[Official] Dexter Season 4

only read if you want to know in depth...

4x05 - Dirty Harry

Recent events spur Dexter into his own investigation of the Trinity killer. His motivations are now personal, and the clock is ticking. But the closer Dexter gets, the more he realizes that Trinity is unlike any monster he?s previously encountered. Meanwhile, Debra blames herself for events that were out of her control, and in so doing pushes away those closest to her. As LaGuerta and Batista close in on the Vacation Murderers, Batista realizes he can use Quinn?s relationship with a certain reporter to his advantage. And when Rita discovers a secret Dexter?s been keeping from her, she begins to realize just how little she knows about the man she married.

4x06 - If I Had A Hammer

Dexter knows it?s only a matter of time before Miami Metro discovers the Trinity Killer?s latest handiwork. Therefore, he has to work doubly hard to stay one step ahead of their investigation. Dexter has begun to realize that the closer he gets to Trinity, the more he stands to learn from this very different beast. Trinity hides behind a well-kept mask, and getting behind that facade will require some extra prodding on Dexter?s part. Meanwhile, Debra becomes frustrated when she finds herself shut out from her own case. She considers bending the rules in the name of justice, risking her career in the process. LaGuerta and Batista come to regret a major decision, and realize that by playing by the rules they may have painted themselves into a corner. And when the friction between Rita and Dexter comes to a head, Dexter gleans relationship advice from a most unlikely source.

4x07 - Slack Tide

Dexter finds himself enjoying a brief moment of tranquility. He's finally managed to strike a balance between work, family... and other pursuits. But he's keenly aware that times like these aren't meant to last. When Miami Metro discovers a string of murders connected to a prominent photographer, Dexter sees an opportunity for a clean kill. However, his plans seem to be thwarted every step of the way. Quinn has taken a renewed interest in Dexter's nightlife. Dexter's plans to keep Astor and Cody distracted with new activities soon backfire. Even Harry disapproves of Dexter's choice of pastime, urging him instead to focus his efforts on the Trinity Killer. Meanwhile, Debra returns to work, frustrated to find everyone treating her with kid gloves. She decides to concentrate on her pursuit of the Trinity Killer as well as delving into her father's checkered past ? investigations which Dexter fears might lead her to danger ? or worse, the truth.

4x08 - Road Kill

Dexter has always known his father?s Code was meant to protect him from exposure. But after committing a serious mistake, he wonders if it could have been designed to protect him from something even more dangerous ? human emotion. When he discovers that Trinity is planning an out-of-town trip, Dexter sees an opportunity to ride along and gain insight into the mind of a fellow monster. Even so, Dexter isn?t prepared for the startling revelations Trinity makes along the way, revelations about his own past which only serve to convince Dexter of what he must do. Meanwhile, back at Miami Metro, Debra refuses to let a technicality keep her off the Trinity case. She works through others to ensure her voice is heard ? that is, until she realizes that her single-minded pursuit of the Trinity Killer may have blinded her to the truth.

4x09 - Hungry Man

For most people, Thanksgiving is a time for traditions and family. But for Dexter, it?s an opportunity to get closer to his most dangerous adversary yet. As Dexter gains insight into Arthur?s psychology by studying those closest to him, he finds himself drawn into a bizarre and twisted world. Meanwhile, Rita has her hands full preparing dinner for a packed house, including a few unexpected guests. Batista gets closure on an old case, while Debra uses the holiday to continue her investigation of the Trinity Killer, a pursuit which threatens her brother?s safety and brings to light surprising revelations about someone else close to her.

4x10 - Lost Boys

Dexter finally believes he understands the beast known as Trinity. But when a ten-year old boy goes missing, Dexter is forced to question everything he?s learned up to this point. It?s a race against the clock. And with each step forward, Dexter has to confront the real possibility that he may have more in common with Trinity than he?d like to admit. Secrets abound ? from Cody, who is forced to defend one of Dexter?s lies, Masuka, who can?t bring himself to confess what he witnessed at Thanksgiving, and Debra, whose recent discoveries force one of Miami?s finest into makIGNossible decision.

Source: IGN

Internal monologue:

I have to stop thinking this is about Dexter's Lab when I see it on the front page. I keep getting my hopes up everytime.

Oh boy.. want to read.. must.. not read :p

I'm guessing Debra finds out more about Dexter's past in the finale.

Yeah that seems to be the natural conclusion

Oh my god, this episode was good. the ending caught me completely off guard :o

Me too! The most obvious answer is Anton did this, but I'm thinking the writers want us to think that. But I have a hard time believe the Trinity Killer shot them though, so maybe a random robbery?

And :woot: Dexter killing a cop. Total bad-ass Dex! I have to wonder if that comes back to bite him in the ass though. He's killed a DA and a cop now. No small fish.

Am I a bad person for just wanting Dex's sister to die already! I can't stand her character...

I like her...her potty mouth is a cool addition to the already amazing show :p

She was shot in the hip, she's not going to die :(

-Rich-

Yeah, it seems that they are following the fourth novel a little with this. In the novel Deb is stabbed in that general area and in the show she's shot. Nice to see that they do sync with the novel on some subplots (even if they do vary the circumstances).

Yeah, it seems that they are following the fourth novel a little with this. In the novel Deb is stabbed in that general area and in the show she's shot. Nice to see that they do sync with the novel on some subplots (even if they do vary the circumstances).

How different are the characters in the novel? Do they have pretty much the same attitude and outlook? I'd like to read the books but hearing book two and on are different from the show I was wondering if they kept the feel of the characters and the humour the same.

I absolutely loved episode four. It was really well done and it had a great ending. As far as disliking Deb, I actually like her. Rita on the other hand...Why is Dex the only one getting up at night to tend to their kid?

Also, I really kind of hope it wasn't Trinity who killed Lundy and shot Deb only because a lot of serial killers *like* knowing someone is hunting them as they're arrogant in the sense they feel they can't be caught and that it adds a little something to their "career". Of course not all are the same and I wouldn't be disappointed if the shooter was the Trinity killer. The writers of the show always have a way to make it seem unique and fitting.

How different are the characters in the novel? Do they have pretty much the same attitude and outlook? I'd like to read the books but hearing book two and on are different from the show I was wondering if they kept the feel of the characters and the humour the same.

I really enjoy the books more than the show to be honest. Don't get me wrong, I still love the show, but love the novels more.

Dexter is very different IMO in some ways and exactly the same in others. Like, for example, I think Dexter in the show is more human than he is in the novels. In the show there is a lot of sexuality that isn't in the novels at all. Dexter is, for all tense and purposes, completely oblivious to the point of sex other than creating offspring. Another big point is the "Dark Passenger" is very much made a separate entity in the novels, a spirit if you will, that controls Dexter's underlying need to hunt and kill, whereas the show makes the Dark Passenger just a name for Dexter's erg to kill.

Rita is fairly the same and Deb is totally the same. I don't think there's any difference in her whatsoever.

The books are so much better and there is a lot more humor in them than the show I think. The show is a little more serious than the novels. The novels are also a lot MORE graphic too.

Also, I really kind of hope it wasn't Trinity who killed Lundy and shot Deb only because a lot of serial killers *like* knowing someone is hunting them as they're arrogant in the sense they feel they can't be caught and that it adds a little something to their "career". Of course not all are the same and I wouldn't be disappointed if the shooter was the Trinity killer. The writers of the show always have a way to make it seem unique and fitting.

That's actually not a realistic portrait of a serial killer. If a serial killer thinks he's about to get caught, as the Trinity Killer clearly states, "I'm found," then he may take drastic measures to so that he isn't caught. Trinity realized that only Lundy saw him there and Deb obviously didn't see him, only has what Lundy told him (that is if they ever got around to talking about that), so it is very possible that it is Trinity.

Serial killers aren't arrogant. They are intelligent and everything is planned out. Mass killers are, however, arrogant. There's a HUGE difference in the two.

That's actually not a realistic portrait of a serial killer. If a serial killer thinks he's about to get caught, as the Trinity Killer clearly states, "I'm found," then he may take drastic measures to so that he isn't caught. Trinity realized that only Lundy saw him there and Deb obviously didn't see him, only has what Lundy told him (that is if they ever got around to talking about that), so it is very possible that it is Trinity.

Serial killers aren't arrogant. They are intelligent and everything is planned out. Mass killers are, however, arrogant. There's a HUGE difference in the two.

But up until that point where they're about to get caught they do like knowing they've stirred up that kind of commotion don't they? I always thought quite a few serial killers were arrogant in that sense. I feel lame being wrong lol.

Thanks by the way for the description of the novels. More humour is always nice as I love the type of humour they do have on the show. I may just go to Barnes & Noble and pick up book one tonight. Or I might wait until I can get to Powell's and pay a lot less for it.

I absolutely loved episode four. It was really well done and it had a great ending. As far as disliking Deb, I actually like her. Rita on the other hand...Why is Dex the only one getting up at night to tend to their kid?

Rita is a bitch :p

But up until that point where they're about to get caught they do like knowing they've stirred up that kind of commotion don't they? I always thought quite a few serial killers were arrogant in that sense. I feel lame being wrong lol.

Thanks by the way for the description of the novels. More humour is always nice as I love the type of humour they do have on the show. I may just go to Barnes & Noble and pick up book one tonight. Or I might wait until I can get to Powell's and pay a lot less for it.

Don't feel lame. I have to be honest, I'm a serial killer nerd. Of course, I'm a self-proclaimed psychopath too :p I've actually considered going into the criminal justice system, I know so much about psychology and figuring out puzzles.

I can't say that what you're saying isn't true for all serial killers though. I should have clarified my position. Some serial killers do enjoy the hunt more than the kill itself. But I'd say those people started out something completely different than a serial killer. They probably started out as a serial rapist and then when that didn't satisfy them sexually, they started killing.

The FBI estimates that there are 70 active serial killers in the US at any given time. Technically, to be classified as a serial killer, all you need to do is kill more than three with a grace period in between the kills, so it isn't difficult to became a serial killer, and thus there's a lot of different elements that go into profiling them.

So I apologize for saying you were wrong, you aren't and you are. From my own personal studies, I've found that the most notorious serial killers don't get off on letting the victims know they're hunting them. If anything, that would typically scare them away because they don't want to get caught and their victims knowing more than they should could easily allow them to get caught.

Don't feel lame. I have to be honest, I'm a serial killer nerd. Of course, I'm a self-proclaimed psychopath too :p I've actually considered going into the criminal justice system, I know so much about psychology and figuring out puzzles.

I can't say that what you're saying isn't true for all serial killers though. I should have clarified my position. Some serial killers do enjoy the hunt more than the kill itself. But I'd say those people started out something completely different than a serial killer. They probably started out as a serial rapist and then when that didn't satisfy them sexually, they started killing.

The FBI estimates that there are 70 active serial killers in the US at any given time. Technically, to be classified as a serial killer, all you need to do is kill more than three with a grace period in between the kills, so it isn't difficult to became a serial killer, and thus there's a lot of different elements that go into profiling them.

So I apologize for saying you were wrong, you aren't and you are. From my own personal studies, I've found that the most notorious serial killers don't get off on letting the victims know they're hunting them. If anything, that would typically scare them away because they don't want to get caught and their victims knowing more than they should could easily allow them to get caught.

That's why I feel lame, I thought I was one as well. Of course there's so many different serial killers over the course of history some are bound to have their quirks and peculiarities individual to themselves. I mean, aside from the obvious ones of killing. I was actually thinking more of rapists who become serial killers for not only control but sexual gratification. I should have likely specified that as well. I swear I'm not saying that to make myself sound less wrong - honest. And hey, it's better to be a self-proclaimed psychopath than one given the label by a shrink right?

Because she takes care of all of them during day.

Dont see Anton as a killer, more like Trinity gimping an investigation.

also,

MARCO . . . . . . . . . . . . POLO :shiftyninja:

Because she takes care of all of them during day.

Dont see Anton as a killer, more like Trinity gimping an investigation.

also,

MARCO . . . . . . . . . . . . POLO :shiftyninja:

I thought she got a job in season three, my mistake. And yeah, I don't see Anton as one as well and the more I think about it, I like Trinity being the guy pegged to that crime. It can really work well in the hands of good writers, which this show definitely has.

I like her...her potty mouth is a cool addition to the already amazing show :p

Yeah that's how I felt during season 1 and then she just got incredibly tedious to watch! And imagine if she does get murdered? Imagine the almighty death storm Dex will bring down when he finds out :D