[Official] Dexter Season 4

ok i get that he kinda let this thing with trinity play out far too long, BUT he took pain staking steps to make sure his family was safe, this was a WEIRD WEIRD cooincidence that Trinity and Rita would cross paths in the few minutes it took Rita to get what she had forgotten behinde.

He was obviously there in the house waiting for Dex and when Rita came back, well, a nice little bonus. Gut wrenching ending. How do you all think Dex is going to be in S5, mulling over the fact that while he was tampering with Trinitys oil cap Trinity was, likely at that very moment, giving Dex's bathroom a crimson makeover?

As much as Rita could be annoying, I certainly didn't want her gone. However, Dexter had it coming to him. The last few episodes I've just been thinking how sloppy he was getting with Trinity and how it was going to lead to something bad. I didn't expect this, but I certainly expected something bad to happen. I was relieved that it seemed to turn out alright until Rita's phone started ringing in the house :|

Except for the fact she said the moon was GOING TO BE nice, not IS or WAS. No inconsistency.

Yep. I just watched that part, turned up the volume a bunch, and she certainly did say "going to be."

The shocking fourth season finale of "Dexter" broke all ratings records for Showtime on Sunday (Dec. 14) night.

In its first airing at 9 p.m. on Sunday, the "Dexter" finale drew 2.575 million viewers, making it the most-watched original series episode ever on Showtime. In addition to pulling in an audience 71 percent larger than the Season Three finale, the "Dexter" episode was Showtime's largest audience for a single telecast since a 1999 boxing match between Mike Tyson and Orlin Norris.

Factoring in an encore airing at 11 p.m. the total night audience for the "Dexter" finale went to 3.078 million, making it the first Showtime original series episode to draw more than 3 million viewers in a single night.

Not surprisingly, the record-breaking "Dexter" audience helped spill over into the Season Three finale for "Californication," which set series records with 1.055 million viewers in its initial airing at 10 p.m. That was a 72 percent improvement over the second season finale. With the addition of a 10:30 p.m. encore, the "Californication" finale pulled in 1.305 million viewers in its first night of airing.

Also, Dexter has no alibi for that night.. As he was busy with Trinity (which he cant disclose).

Yeah this was the thing that really got me wondering. He had been acting very noticeably strange at work, he freakin took down Quinn on his way to leave, he has been seen with trinity (his family), he was off with no alibi while trinity chopped up his wife. Its gonna look extremely bad for him, I am really curious to see how the hell he is going to get away with that next season.

Also, Dexter has no alibi for that night.. As he was busy with Trinity (which he cant disclose).

Quinn will be all over that. "Don't question my loyalty to my family, not today."

I guess this answers the question "Can Dexter have it all?". newp.

Makes me look at the "Cereal Spiller" onesie I got my son a little differently.

Edited by soniqstylz

Quinn will be all over that. "Don't question my loyalty to my family, not today."

Yep, no doubt. I predict Quinn and Deb are going to hook up, Quinn is going to convince Deb Dexter is evil which she already has the seeds planted, so that is what I think most of what Season 5 is going to revolve around, Deb and Quinn (Quinn is going to be the new Doakes) looking into Dexter and him totally going in a downward spiral mentally. Going to be darker than ever I believe.

Mind blowing.

I guess the early promos with the baby covered in blood or sauce or whatever stuff was a pretty big hint that something like this was coming.

Edited by Rob2687

Mind blowing.

I guess the early promos with the baby covered in blood or sauce or whatever stuff was a pretty big hint that something like this was coming.

That's why I don't watch previews, they give too much away.

Yep, no doubt. I predict Quinn and Deb are going to hook up, Quinn is going to convince Deb Dexter is evil which she already has the seeds planted, so that is what I think most of what Season 5 is going to revolve around, Deb and Quinn (Quinn is going to be the new Doakes) looking into Dexter and him totally going in a downward spiral mentally. Going to be darker than ever I believe.

Hello, Dexter Morgan!

Hehehehehe. I think my so called prediction, which was written off, is still a possibility. I'm still betting Quinn will take all the pieces together. Deb is too distant after finding out about Moser.

I felt sad finding out about Rita. I keep thinking that the people so full of life, love and looking after their kids should have everything work out for them.

The next season has to revolve around the possibility of Dexter getting caught. He can't hide Rita's death, and the police will ask why was Rita a target of Trinity... and then they'll question Trinity's family and they'll bring up Kyle Butler.. and Deborah and the others will put together some of the suspicious things like Arthur Miller appearing at the station and Dexter appearing early at his house. ... depending on how much is really handed over to the FBI of course... but if the whole case is forgotten it'll be like a cop-out for the writers.

But, who am I to say, because even this season things have worked out better for Dexter than they should have. There were so many openings for him to be screwed that the writers didn't take, instead he managed to avoid a lot of problems and only at the end of all of his luck is faced with Rita's death.

Trinity was at the apartment too. If he figured out who Deb was he could have left a clue or something about Dexter. One thing we'll never know is how much Trinity told Rita before he killed her.

Trinity was at the apartment too. If he figured out who Deb was he could have left a clue or something about Dexter. One thing we'll never know is how much Trinity told Rita before he killed her.

Why would he tell her anything... Rita just fit Trinity's profile for a mother with two children for bathtub murder in his ritual. He chose Rita over someone else because of Dexter, but he doesn't do anything outside of his process... Unless he asked her about the money I guess. What I'm assuming is he went to Dexter's house because his money was missing.

The next season has to revolve around the possibility of Dexter getting caught. He can't hide Rita's death, and the police will ask why was Rita a target of Trinity...

Nope, its either Doakes or Miguel that planted all this stuff about Trinity and Dexter the whole time. :)

Nope, its either Doakes or Miguel that planted all this stuff about Trinity and Dexter the whole time. :)

Either way I doubt he'll be revealed to be a serial killer. It will probably explained off as him being a vigilante and seeking justice for the shooting of his sister.

Unless they can link Arthur Mitchell's body to other killings.

Why would he tell her anything... Rita just fit Trinity's profile for a mother with two children for bathtub murder in his ritual. He chose Rita over someone else because of Dexter, but he doesn't do anything outside of his process... Unless he asked her about the money I guess. What I'm assuming is he went to Dexter's house because his money was missing.

It is outside his process. The mothers jump to their deaths. The sisters die in the tub.

depending on how much is really handed over to the FBI of course... but if the whole case is forgotten it'll be like a cop-out for the writers.

But, who am I to say, because even this season things have worked out better for Dexter than they should have. There were so many openings for him to be screwed that the writers didn't take, instead he managed to avoid a lot of problems and only at the end of all of his luck is faced with Rita's death.

Building on what you said, there was the one episode where Angel and LaGuerta were caught on tape in the Liquor store kissing so their jobs were at stake. I just could not help but think to myself with all of the crazy ass stupid **** Dexter has done this season, how was he not ONCE on tape. Like just with the scene where he catches Trinity in his van in the BANK parking garage, I really, really have to believe security cameras would be there (even though they made a point of Dexter's narration saying there was no security) but I just have to believe there would be.

I guess my point is while I would love to have it be as realistic as possible, the truth is there is a whole lot of reality thrown out the window along with plausibility as sometimes that just does not make for good story telling. I can accept it, as the show is that good.

But yeah, I really think questions have to come up over Dexter's involvement and why Rita. If that somehow is overlooked, that would be a big cop out.

Building on what you said, there was the one episode where Angel and LaGuerta were caught on tape in the Liquor store kissing so their jobs were at stake. I just could not help but think to myself with all of the crazy ass stupid **** Dexter has done this season, how was he not ONCE on tape. Like just with the scene where he catches Trinity in his van in the BANK parking garage, I really, really have to believe security cameras would be there (even though they made a point of Dexter's narration saying there was no security) but I just have to believe there would be.

I must say that I have never seen security cameras in a parking garage. However, I was afraid for a majority of this season that his recklessness with regard to Arthur would get him caught.

From the detectives point of view they've already linked Trinity with Christine so they could go that route... Christine offs herself, Trinity finds out and looks to get revenge on Miami Metro by targeting their families. Trinity was in the police building and so he must be on the cameras and people would surely recognize him. For all they know he could have been looking for his next victim.

I must say that I have never seen security cameras in a parking garage. However, I was afraid for a majority of this season that his recklessness with regard to Arthur would get him caught.

His interference with the case could have also prevented Deborah from every finding out who shot her and getting closure. But out of nowhere, Christine saves everything.