[Official] Dexter Season 4

I must say that I have never seen security cameras in a parking garage. However, I was afraid for a majority of this season that his recklessness with regard to Arthur would get him caught.
I work security, and have worked for banks before, and not ONE of the had cameras in their parking lot

Okay, I can maybe see the parking garage thing, as I am pretty sure when I think about it maybe every parking garage in my area does not have them, although I will provide some stuff that disputes that below, but they did not have a camera in the parking lot??? My 7-11, the Wendy's and McDonalds, the shopping center in my town that has a Walgreens and a Farmers Market, literally all of them have security cameras in their parking lots. My bank, which is not a larger nationwide bank and actually more of a hometown bank so to speak, has one on the light post, one by the ATM, and one by the drive up, for a total of 3, and those are the ones I definitely know of.

So maybe it is just a NJ thing, but a quick Google Search I found this and this. so at the very least they do exist and are not just a figment of my imagination. Perhaps I happen to live in a state that has some of the highest car jacking cities in the nation.

North Jersey is the car theft capital of the world, with more cars stolen in Newark then any other city. Even the 2 largest cities, NYC and LA put together.

The above taken from this website, Fact #6

Honestly almost every parking garage around me that I can think of at the very least has a camera right when you enter. And almost all of the ones that have a pole or a booth you have to go through, have cameras on each level and at the staircases / elevators.

Again as I said above almost every public parking lot I can think of around me has cameras somewhere, and the truth is good security cameras you do not even see.

So I really do not know what to say, but I know security cameras in parkings lots where I live are pretty damn common. In fact I would say it is uncommon if they do not have cameras.

There are a lot of parking garages here in Madison, WI, but I don't know of any with cameras in them. It should be noted however that I don't really look for cameras when I'm in parking garages.

It did start to bother me quite a bit how easy it was for Dex to get away with things, but I put that at the back of my mind for the sake of the story.

-Spenser

Everyone thinks the police dept is going to find out that Rita died in the bathtub. The Police 1) Doesn't know she's dead. 2) They don't know she was killed in the bathtub. 3) They don't know she was killed by Trinity.

So following this logic, Dexter will do whatever possible to make sure the police don't find out Rita died this way. He's only cared about two things lately. Rita AND the kids. If Rita isn't there now, I don't think Dex will ever tell them that Trinity killed her in the bathtub. He wants to hide his 'dark passenger' now. I don't think he wants to risk telling the kids how their mom died for fear they also might turn into a monster.

Everyone thinks the police dept is going to find out that Rita died in the bathtub. The Police 1) Doesn't know she's dead. 2) They don't know she was killed in the bathtub. 3) They don't know she was killed by Trinity.

So following this logic, Dexter will do whatever possible to make sure the police don't find out Rita died this way. He's only cared about two things lately. Rita AND the kids. If Rita isn't there now, I don't think Dex will ever tell them that Trinity killed her in the bathtub. He wants to hide his 'dark passenger' now. I don't think he wants to risk telling the kids how their mom died for fear they also might turn into a monster.

Dexter will have to stage her death, but she's going to have a cut on her thigh from a blade. Or perhaps, simply have her body go missing.

Yeah, if it's one thing Dexter's good at, it's covering this sort of thing up. He'll figure out a way to make it look different or simply have her go missing. We'll see.

Having her go missing will bring a lot of attention down on him. They always suspect the husband when a wife goes missing.

Suspicion will be on him either way. They always suspect the husband when a wife is murdered as well, unless there's a different, more obvious suspect. Working at the police department, he'll know the least attention-grabbing way of covering it up. I was just saying different possibilities.

Dexter will have to stage her death, but she's going to have a cut on her thigh from a blade. Or perhaps, simply have her body go missing.

The first suspect in a spousal missing persons or murder investigation is always the spouse that didn't go missing or get killed. There's no way Dexter disappears her body and they don't find out. If they do that and Dexter's dark deeds isn't found out, I'll stop watching it. The show will have jumped the shark for me if that happens. He's already the luckiest serial killer in the world. Take, for example, the Mitchell family; there's no way they want ask, "What happened to Kyle Butler?" And the cops are going to realize that there was a Kyle Butler murdered recently and they are going to get a sketch artist in there and boom, Dexter's cover is blown. That's what would happen in real life, but I bet you ever penny to my name they ignore that little pothole. Just like Dexter's arm bleeding onto Rita's dress at their wedding last season's finale. Why wasn't that ever explored?

I kind of liked Rita, ever since that first BJ scene with her and Dexter lol.

I'm certain Dexter will be far more darker now that Rita was taken away from him.

I kind of liked Rita, ever since that first BJ scene with her and Dexter lol.

I'm certain Dexter will be far more darker now that Rita was taken away from him.

Yeah I dont get the hate on Rita either :s

I thought she was hot

IMO, that was a crappy ending. It just didn't feel real for me. He was almost like "meh, she's dead". Almost proud that the kid was "born in blood". I always watched Dexter in my spare time, but this gets the cake as the most anticlimactic ending EVER.

Dexter can't cover her death up, nor would he want to. Having her go missing or staging another death is silly. Its obvious she was a victim of Trinity. He doesn't need to make any excuses he's not the suspect in the case. If he tries to alter it, yea I can see that but leaving it as is he's technically in the clear.

IMO, that was a crappy ending. It just didn't feel real for me. He was almost like "meh, she's dead". Almost proud that the kid was "born in blood". I always watched Dexter in my spare time, but this gets the cake as the most anticlimactic ending EVER.

He was in a stake of shock and panic. He wasn't proud. Not sure how you get that out of his reaction, but I don't see that at all. The born in blood comment was his disappointment in himself and how he could not protect his family.

He was in a stake of shock and panic. He wasn't proud. Not sure how you get that out of his reaction, but I don't see that at all. The born in blood comment was his disappointment in himself and how he could not protect his family.

exactly, shocked and disappointed in his inadequacy to protect his family. Even worse, he caused his son to have the same beginning as him.

Ya you have to remember that Dexter does not show emotion. So that was the closet thing to emotion you are going to get out of dexter.

Though the sting of Dexter's season finale is still fresh, it's time to think about next season. Executive producer Sara Colleton tells TVGuide.com how far in time the show may jump ahead, who the No. 1 suspect in Rita's murder will be and how much the Trinity Killer will play a role in Season 5.

TVGuide.com: Did you feel that you had to push the limits with this finale?

Sara Colleton: It's something that comes so organically with the storytelling of where Dexter [Michael C. Hall] is in his life and what he's learning and what he needs to learn. Of course, when it first comes up, you think, oh no, we can't do that, because we've created these characters and we love them. It became self-evident as we progressed that this is where Dexter needed to be taken.

TVGuide.com: Why exactly did Arthur (John Lithgow) kill Rita (Julie Benz)? Was it just revenge?

Colleton: It's complicated. We left it that way so everyone, based on their own life and their own experiences, would interpret it so it made sense for them. One way to interpret it is that in some bizarre way, Dexter gave Trinity a finality in his situation, that he does this in a bizarre way to trigger Dexter to deal with who he really is. You can only fake it for so long.

TVGuide.com: Do you see Trinity playing a role next season though? Questions will be raised by Rita's murder and Arthur did show up at the police station.

Colleton: All of those things are legitimate. All those questions will obviously be a part of next season. Dexter can't say that he knows Trinity killed Rita and that he just killed Trinity. There are a lot of possibilities and they will all be thrown out in the room to be discussed.

TVGuide.com: Is there a chance that Julie Benz or John Lithgow might return next season to appear to Dexter in his conscience?

Colleton: Anything is possible on this show because it is a theatrical invention, so any of those devices are possible, but again, none of those have been discussed yet.

TVGuide.com: What are the odds that Arthur pushed a woman to her death before killing Rita and being bludgeoned, thus completing the cycle?

Colleton: But did he break the cycle? If you really examine his death scene, Dexter is giving him an opportunity to break the cycle. Rita is the tie-breaker because he says, "It's all over now." Trinity's thing is tied up with the way he hid the reality from himself. In his master plan, this is the gift he has left behind for Dexter. It can be interpreted, if you look closely at the script, in any number of ways.

TVGuide.com: Dexter can't get vengeance for Rita's murder because he already killed Arthur. Is he going to become more bloodthirsty?

Colleton: That's an instinct he may have, but he may not. Hopefully it will be in what we call the "Dexterous response," which is based in human behavior, but uniquely put through the prism of Dexter's special needs. The fact is that he has children now that he is the sole parent of, and how that affects what he does and the choices he makes.

TVGuide.com: Were Paul's parents introduced as an easy out for Cody and Aster to leave Dexter's care?

Colleton: We needed to have the children not be there for this finale. We're trying to find the most interesting way to have to handle this situation because obviously they can always go with their grandmother or their paternal grandparents, or Dexter can take custody of them. It just opens up a variety of ways we can have Dexter deal with his grief.

TVGuide.com: Are you nervous about writing or casting a villain that can live up to or surpass John Lithgow? Might you do without a villain this season?

Colleton: That's something that's on the table to discuss because of the awesomeness of what Dexter has to deal with on an emotional level. Obviously there's going to be an investigation into who killed Rita and the number— and Dexter is going to be involved in that.

TVGuide.com: Were you about to say that Dexter might be the No. 1 suspect in his wife's murder?

Colleton: If you know anything about crimes, usually a spouse is involved. We may jump ahead six months and it could be all handled. What we wanted to do is give ourselves something that gave us the widest range of possibilities. It's so intense on a show like this, so emotionally draining, and we have a scant couple of months before we get in a room again, so all of these things are up for discussion.

I seriously hope they don't pull the "skip ahead six months" trick again. Doing that once in a while is okay, but not this often. They did it after season two and three already, not again.

I seriously hope they don't pull the "skip ahead six months" trick again. Doing that once in a while is okay, but not this often. They did it after season two and three already, not again.

Honestly I wouldn't mind it that much. That's not to say I wouldn't like to see them tie up these loose ends, but the way I also feel is that the story is pretty wrapped up and to continue it onto the next season would just make it like one of those movies that has 7 endings before the real one. They get boring. They wrapped up the major part of that storyline and it would take a few episodes in S5 to wrap up the bits and I don't think that would make for a particularly exciting beginning to S5. If they just jumped into another solid storyline it'd be fine by me.

-Spenser

Honestly I wouldn't mind it that much. That's not to say I wouldn't like to see them tie up these loose ends, but the way I also feel is that the story is pretty wrapped up and to continue it onto the next season would just make it like one of those movies that has 7 endings before the real one. They get boring. They wrapped up the major part of that storyline and it would take a few episodes in S5 to wrap up the bits and I don't think that would make for a particularly exciting beginning to S5. If they just jumped into another solid storyline it'd be fine by me.

-Spenser

I understand what you're saying - but I guess I'd like to see the emotional state Dexter will go through immediately following finding Rita's body. And I want to see how Deb finds out about Dexter. If she doesn't put two and two together (with regards to Dex's real mother, his brother and how all of these serial killers seem to target Dexter). I can't imagine, as smart as Deb is, that it'll take her six months to figure out. Plus, I want to see how Dex gets out of trouble and the only way they could do that if they went six months forward is through flashbacks and that, to me, doesn't feel like it would give the full impact of what he had to go through if we know the outcome before seeing how he got there.

If that makes any sense :p