[Official] Dexter Season 4

So yeah, I don't get this. The UK already has the newest Dexter novel, "Dexter by Design". What the hell is up with that? Nothing against the UK, but it isn't coming out over here until Sept 8. Why the HUGE difference in release date? Jeff Lindsay even lives here, not over there, so I'm confused :blink:

I need my Dexter release. I haven't seen a single horror film or anything this year that I liked and I think it is because I'm going soft. I need Dexter to help bring me back to the dark side :laugh:

So yeah, I don't get this. The UK already has the newest Dexter novel, "Dexter by Design". What the hell is up with that? Nothing against the UK, but it isn't coming out over here until Sept 8. Why the HUGE difference in release date? Jeff Lindsay even lives here, not over there, so I'm confused :blink:

I need my Dexter release. I haven't seen a single horror film or anything this year that I liked and I think it is because I'm going soft. I need Dexter to help bring me back to the dark side :laugh:

:laugh:

You need some good torture movies to be released :p

Go see The Last House on the Left, it starts off slow but damn do they own the rest of that movie.

Ugh, that looks retarded. What am I gunna do, swipe my iPhone in the air, hear slashing noises and Dexter speaking? lol

Imagine if you were on the train and did that and a blood splatter noise occurred people would ring the police for sure.

Don't want to read all the spoilers, but I can't wait for Dexter Season 4, I hope it will be something similar to season 1 or 2, I didn't like 3 that much.

• 1 month later...

Dexter Season 4 Tidbits..!

Apologies in advance for perpetuating an overused pun, but Dexter's fourth season sounds, well, killer....

When the Showtime hit returns next fall, six months will have lapsed on screen, leaving newlyweds Dexter (Michael C. Hall) and Rita (Julie Benz) the proud parents of a baby boy. "This season, we're going to deal with: Can a serial killer juggle a personal life, work, and his 'dark passenger'?" reveals executive producer Sara Colleton. "In other words, can Dexter have it all? Which is something all of us grapple with every day of our lives. So we're taking something that is a very human dilemma and putting it through the prism of Dexter's special needs."

Further complicating Dexter's intricate balancing act will be a new, as-yet-uncast male antagonist who will "cross paths with Dexter in a major, dramatic way," teases Colleton. "He will illuminate a lot about Dexter's life and force him to make some tough choices." (Word is they're looking for a "Jeff Daniels-type" to play the role.)

Meanwhile, Dex's plucky sister, Deb (played by Hall's real-life wife, Jennifer Carpenter), will unwittingly threaten to shed light on his dark secret. "All the way through the season, Deb -- in her need to know her father more -- is going to get closer and closer to figuring out who Dexter's mother was and her relationship with her father," says Colleton. So might the day come when Dex is forced to slice and dice her? "That is inconceivable to me," declares Colleton. "Deb and Dexter are the best brother-and-sister team ever." One could even call them...killer. (Sorry again!)

Sounds cool. Every season is relatively similar but every season is sweeeeeeeeeeet. When's the first episode air? Anyone know.

It'll be around September

I've asked you before :x I want a date! :D

You have but you know when it is around September :p or earlier maybe to stop the leaks that always happen.

• 4 weeks later...

dexterlithgow_l.jpg

Entertainment Weekly is reporting that John Lithgow is joining the Season 4 cast of Dexter

In Dexter, Lithgow would be playing Walter Simmons, (possible spoilers ahead - highlight the invisotext to reveal) an unassuming suburbanite serial killer named Trinity Killer (because he always kills in threes) who relocates to Miami. Dexter becomes obsessed with ?his efficient killing methods and ability to evade capture for almost three decades.? Sounds like Lithgow is the antagonist for the fourth season.

Awesome! I've been waiting until they brought someone in to recapture that Season 1 suspense. Curious how he will do in that role, not that he'd be bad or anything. Just can't picture him playing that type of character.

Awesome! I've been waiting until they brought someone in to recapture that Season 1 suspense. Curious how he will do in that role, not that he'd be bad or anything. Just can't picture him playing that type of character.

Yeah I can't imagine him in that role either.

I love Dexter, and am looking forward to the next series :) Its just quite far off yet, another 4 months yet before its screened.

I actually thought the shift from flashbacks to having Dexter's dad appear on screen in 'daydreams' was pretty clever.

Can't wait for season 4.

Seems we are the only ones who like Dexter :( What are all these other Neowinians pro life or something?! :laugh:

haha no...I know for a fact Hurmoth wants to be like know dexter...news