[Official] Dexter Season 4

Rita was fine most of the series. It was only after they got married she got annoying (irony ;)) But she was a nice balance to the show, she'll be missed. She didn't even play that much of a role this series anyways so I don't think it'll make a difference story wise not to include her. Having her dead will make a lot of new stories which could be cool. I really hope they don't just ship Astor/Cody to their grandparents and cut them out of the show. While it'd be a nice excuse to leap ahead many years I think it's a weak attempt to carry the story that they set in motion by killing Rita. I want to see Dexter juggling with being a single parent, having next to no time and dealing with a bigger urge to kill then he's ever had, and can't satisfy with anyone. I have a feeling he's going to be killing a lot of people next season. Which is only going to get him caught, I'm guessing by Deb.

And she's a way better character than Rita, love her potty mouth ;) But she's not the smartest. She can have all the facts in front of her face but can't connect the dots. I suppose thats a good thing for Dexter.

Btw, Brunette Julie, mmmmm

just saw the last episode... :o (late i know)

surely it's a dream? but hopefully not as i wanna see how this plays out. Julie Benz will be missed by me if she is gone though. I kinda went through a love/hate thing with her character but ended up quite liking her role in the show, just not her whiny-ness.

bring on season 5.

just saw the last episode... :o (late i know)

surely it's a dream? but hopefully not as i wanna see how this plays out. Julie Benz will be missed by me if she is gone though. I kinda went through a love/hate thing with her character but ended up quite liking her role in the show, just not her whiny-ness.

bring on season 5.

i watched it back the other day.. it did look like a dream sequence i agree.. but alas not :(

post-15395-1262630257.jpg

Julie Benz has bounced back from her shocking Dexter departure with a major role on Desperate Housewives. Sources confirm to me exclusively that Benz ? whose character, Rita, succumbed to the most horrific bubble bath in television history in last month?s Dexter finale ? has been cast in the recurring role of Debbie, a stripper with a heart of gold and a Masters degree in education. When Susan offers her the chance to transition into a more legitimate career, Deb jumps at it. Benz is booked for at least three episodes, the first of which is scheduled to air in February.

Source

Just started watching Dexter during the break, and stayed up till 1:30 last night watching the finale. OMG. I can't believe she died (especially the way she did). Man, the writers are insane! John Lithgow was amazing as Trinity.

This has become my favourite show, surpassing 24 and Buffy.

This show has brilliant plotlines, amazing writing (I think the writing was not as funny this season as the first three, but nonetheless pretty good still), great character development and great acting.

All I can say? I'm stunned... September is way too far from now. At least 24 is starting.

Just started watching Dexter during the break, and stayed up till 1:30 last night watching the finale. OMG. I can't believe she died (especially the way she did). Man, the writers are insane! John Lithgow was amazing as Trinity.

This has become my favourite show, surpassing 24 and Buffy.

This show has brilliant plotlines, amazing writing (I think the writing was not as funny this season as the first three, but nonetheless pretty good still), great character development and great acting.

All I can say? I'm stunned... September is way too far from now. At least 24 is starting.

Since you blazed through the show over one break (like a lot of us did, I was in your shoes last Christmas!), wait a few months, then start re-watching it, slowly. You'll be able to soak in a lot more things you missed before.

A couple things bug me though.

S2 finale, what happened to the Marina clue? Dokes didn't have a boat in the marina.

S4 finale, how does Dexter get a voicemail? As you all have noticed, he always answers his phone. Never leaves it to voicemail. Yet, here he is leaving it voicemail?

• 4 weeks later...

I am starting from Season 1 right now. Yet wondering if this show is still going. Couldn't find if there was a Season 5 thread.

I am starting from Season 1 right now. Yet wondering if this show is still going. Couldn't find if there was a Season 5 thread.

not yet, when we get some casting news and stuff we'll throw one up :p