PlanetSide Open Beta

Is there a reason for your sarcasim? It was a joke, I too am waiting for my cd because of the CD KEY needed to join the server. Smart or not, you need the CD KEY

Have you seen the endless amount of crying people are doing on the beta forums? Its out of control!! THAT is what makes the little video so funny.

Kionee... Your on the Exclusive Beta?

My buddiy is and he has been playing it for about 2 weeks loving every mintue of it. I look forward to getting the CD this week and checking it out.

If you are on the Exclusive Beta List, they emailed you your CD KEY with a link for the Download, The OPEN beta you are sent the CD. They did it this way as to not bog down the servers with so many downloads going.

Everyone will get there cd between now and friday at the latest depending on where you live and how fast the mail runs.

well i was sad that i didn't make the beta, but i read that you can still apply for the beta. So i went to reapply the other day, and the sony site said the following: "You have been accepted into the PlanetSide? Beta. You should have received an email with all of the details." I waited patiently for 3 days, then i went ahead and e-mailed them yesterday. I have yet to receive an e-mail:(:(

If you are on the Exclusive Beta List, they emailed you your CD KEY with a link for the Download, The OPEN beta you are sent the CD. They did it this way as to not bog down the servers with so many downloads going.

Everyone will get there cd between now and friday at the latest depending on where you live and how fast the mail runs.

ahhh,,,sweet...I feel even more special now :)

I signed up for the open beta last week but somehow I got on the exclusive beta team :D It's been really fun so far, despite some flaws it's an overall fun game!

I signed up for the open beta last week but somehow I got on the exclusive beta team :D It's been really fun so far, despite some flaws it's an overall fun game!

i signed up months back and i didn't even get in the open beta????? :cry: :crazy:

• 2 weeks later...

can someone let me know what what the gameplay's like? reminicent of tribes 2? hows the leveling system? Are there any NPC's that you can hunt or is it all PVP?

it's all PVP

there are 3 "tribes" that fight over bunch of different bases on a few continents.

it is somewhat like tribes. there are different armors types(heavy/med/light/stealth). bunch of different land and air vehicles(none of which you can drive unless you have certification for that vehicle).

there are 2 types of experiences, battle and command. you get battle xp for killing things, capturing bases and other support stuff. once you get enough battle xp you advance in rank and get cert point you can spend on training different skills like new weapons, vehicles, hacking, support.

every 6 battle ranks you can install an implant which adds more abilities like see stealth units and other stuff.

i'm not sure yet what command experience is for...didn't get around to commanding a squad yet.

game is alot more fun when you have a squad with different abilities that suppliement each other.

Yes there will be a monthly fee. More then likely 10.00 a month.

thanks for info

i will never buy an game that requires me to pay an monthly fee to continue playing

2 post away from 4000 :shifty:

Planeshift is a MMO game, it's also open source and free (forever) and for an unknown project it's got a good dev team and it looks pretty damn good I'd say. Of course, not many people know about it and there isn't more than I'd say 5 to 25 or so people on it at any given time, but it is alpha software still, but you may be interested in it.

http://www.planeshift.it/main_01.html

Enjoy.