February 2009 Desktops

^ The Fences app, though absolutley unnecessary, and despite being just another running process looks quite classy.

I dont really understand the point of it. I organize my icons the same way Fences does, except I dont have a black square or a titlebar :p

Just downloaded fences, it's really nice to keep the wallpaper area clean, double click desktop to hidden or show all icons, and the squares can replace docks.

Also for people using vista with tons of unnecessary processes running... wont hurt to have this little app.

Just downloaded fences, it's really nice to keep the wallpaper area clean, double click desktop to hidden or show all icons, and the squares can replace docks.

Also for people using vista with tons of unnecessary processes running... wont hurt to have this little app.

Yeah the double click hide is useful :p

I downloaded it now, I was looking for a dock but this turned out to be much better. Double click hide and scroll bars come very useful. One problem, if anyone knows how to fix it since its bugging me, if a file has over two lines of words it over laps with the file underneath. :/

The double click feature is why i liked it. I don't have any icons on my desktop besides the current 'work' or 'downloads'. Keeping they hide when not necessary is fine.

Don't know about the two lines issue, try renaming the icons maybe?

Fences is a nice feature that should be incorporated in any mac, linux, windows...

My desktop for this month.

WP: Cammy from SF4 from GameWallpapers

Icons: Mixed

Programs: Running Adium, Safari and trying out Pwitter staring at some of Neowin twitter peeps :laugh:

ptwitter looks just like Twirl which is what I use.. wonder what the difference is? I cant get to ptwitter's site from work .

IMO there is not much difference between Twhirl and Pwitter. You can try downloading it here.

asdf

post-253203-1235087097_thumb.jpg

Can you tell me what that image is of the character on the sword(?) on your desktop there. It looks a little Sephiroth like (Final Fantasy-ish) it caught my eye.

i'll never understand the need for all these twitter clients.

For me its about being easier to do, instead of having to open the website and read/post.. It's alot easier to just use a client like ptwitter or twirl.. You can post alot easier, like an Instant Messenger or read them like an IM.. I enjoy that more.

<3 dual monitors at work:

work09feb23.th.jpg

Litestep (custom theme) + wallpaper from mandolux.com.

XP with classic theme + modified icons (arcade daze from icon factory). Now I just need dual 1080p monitors instead of these 1280x1024 panels and life will be perfect!

Hi,

could you tell me what is the name of the audio and weather gadget in your desktop??

thanx

The audio control is CD Art Display. I got the skin off Deviantart http://sorez.deviantart.com/art/Nay-os-Kor...splay-109686290.

The weather is a Avedesk/Sysstats gadget that I've modified a bit (I changed it even more since the screenshot). I did so much digging around for it (and still didn't find the exact one I was looking for) that I don't remember where I got it, but I think you can find it in the gallery on the Sysstats website.