Vistyle

Old versions removed. Preparing to release new copy with custom .vth files for applying themes, and a completed "Theme Library" item on the tools menu. The aforementioned features are done, just need to remove 2 hardcoded paths. (the library directory and the theme icon)

Old versions removed. Preparing to release new copy with custom .vth files for applying themes, and a completed "Theme Library" item on the tools menu. The aforementioned features are done, just need to remove 2 hardcoded paths. (the library directory and the theme icon)

New video. Larger, longer and higher quality. Also shows a bit of the code and some debug stuff not normally there.

New features shown:

Stream support (no stream sub-part support... yet)

.vht theme files (since 7 butchered the old way of applying msstyles)

Theme creator with my cool custom toolstrip control (panels and pictureboxes ftw)

fixed some sizing issues

tools menu icons de-hugeified

Incomplete options dialog

Download Video (.wmv)

so wait its going to have a windows xp to widows vista visual style converter in it to? thats great if so keep up the great work! can't wait for the next beta release! havnt got the chance to download one yet

Sorry that I've been late, I just got 2 new games and I've been working on another project as well. Expect something soon hopefully.

Looks nice, keep it up. Can't wait for a Alpha 2 or Beta release.

Ok I need some help. Can anyone provide any information on the properties of the images in the style? Like the ones that control tiled vs Stretch or whether to use Alpha or not. I need this to continue.

There is in personilize once you click Desktop Background "Fill,Fit,Stretch,Tile,Center"

In Windows 7 Desktop wallpaper

Also once you right click and make the theme Save As and Save for Sharing

In Windows 7

Sorry If I misunderstud the question

Here are pictures

post-282338-1245082973.gif post-282338-1245082979.gif

Edited by Rukasuzu

I'm refering to the properties of the individual images in the style's file.

See the bottom right area of the screenshot below for clarification.

main.png

[so I don't create confusing, that is NOT Stylos, it is a commerical competing Style Editor, its only to show what I'm talking about]

Hmm don't know how I missed that. It seems to be almost what I need, now I just need to find where in the style it stores these properties for each image.

properties in question and how to set them after referring to the msdn page.

There is no 'built in' way to set these. Remember, you need to patch uxtheme. MS didn't intend for custom visual styles. There will be some Binary read/writing needed to do this which is why I need to know more about where these properties are in the files in relation to the image they apply to.

Well you can take a look at Anolis Resourcer (it's open source i think im not sure though) and its like reshacker but for XP, vista and windows 7 and it works with png images you can take a look at it here... http://anolis.codeplex.com/ ~OR~ Here.. http://anolisfx.deviantart.com/art/Anolis-...urcer-116235998 hope this helps +Im making my first visual style for vista with it right now

Edited by J0sh89