CD stuck inside XPS M1330

http://www.blurt.info/technology/how-i-rem...my-macbook-pro/

http://forum.maccast.com/index.php?showtopic=13818

http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology...to/4212374.html

Well here's how some people have removed a CD stuck in their Macbook Super Drive. Hope it helps.

Most of them seem to refer to some "emergency release hole" inside the felt. Check if your M1330 has one of those.

@ Aero_Rising: I don't know how much experience you've had with Dell support, but so far I've had no problems and I only have good things to say about their tech supports. General consensus around Neowin seems to be that way as well...

Most of them seem to refer to some "emergency release hole" inside the felt. Check if your M1330 has one of those.

Nope, there's no emergency release hole.. I even flip the notebook just in case Dell put it in strange location..

Thanks for the link, but the solution from most of them is too Mac specific = use terminal and send some command, or restart while holding the track pad button.

Have you tried ejecting it as soon as you turn on the computer, before Windows loads? If that doesn't work you might try this:

Already tried that but not avail. And for the youtube video, unfortunately XPS has thinner drive... The first/bottom card can't positioned below the disc... There's just not enough space to slip the card under the CD...

Anymore ideas?

@ Aero_Rising: I don't know how much experience you've had with Dell support, but so far I've had no problems and I only have good things to say about their tech supports. General consensus around Neowin seems to be that way as well...

it depends my view might be skewed because i have only dealt with them while fixing my step mom's dell laptop for work. It was over christmas break so she couldn't have her work fix it so i called the number and the support was bad but that may be because usually with companies the size of my step mom's they do their own tech support so calling in and giving a serial number that matches one from a business like that may get you put to their low end support.

you good with a screwdriver? lol.

There's always an eject hole near the relase button.

This is slot loading drive (so there's no tray) and there's no eject hole (believe me, I already try to find it). Here's the product page just in case anybody interested: http://www.dell.com/content/products/produ...s=dhs&cs=19

Maybe turn it on it's side so the CD is pointing toward the floor and tap it? Might fall out, though it depends on whether the spindle is engaged or not.

I try it but failed... Maybe like you said: the spindle is engaged.

Any XPS M1330 user that have some problem?

it depends my view might be skewed because i have only dealt with them while fixing my step mom's dell laptop for work. It was over christmas break so she couldn't have her work fix it so i called the number and the support was bad but that may be because usually with companies the size of my step mom's they do their own tech support so calling in and giving a serial number that matches one from a business like that may get you put to their low end support.

Ah I see, well I hope the next time that you have to contact them is a better experience! They really have one of the better tech support services available.

Nope, there's no emergency release hole.. I even flip the notebook just in case Dell put it in strange location..

Thanks for the link, but the solution from most of them is too Mac specific = use terminal and send some command, or restart while holding the track pad button.

Only other thing I can think of is to send back to Dell. Two problems that poses though, firstly you may or may not get the disc inside the drive back, secondly, you'll be without a laptop for the time they're fixing it.

• 3 years later...