Windows 7 Build 7057 x86

Whats the real big fuss around with cosmetic improvements? I can customize my logon screen,user pics to whatever i need. I know thats the changes from previous builds? ..... but can people tell their experience about useful changes.

Someone just mentioned that installation time took around 12mins,so that's a real great improvement (Y)

You wouldnt want everything looking the same it did 10 years ago would you? Youve just bought the new product, and it looks exactly the same as the old one. Waste of money.

Whats the real big fuss around with cosmetic improvements? I can customize my logon screen,user pics to whatever i need. I know thats the changes from previous builds? ..... but can people tell their experience about useful changes.

Someone just mentioned that installation time took around 12mins,so that's a real great improvement (Y)

For me it the bug fixes I desire. Cosmetic changes are great but I'm looking for stability and reliability in the final stages of any beta. Build 7022 was fairly stable but 7048 is not IMHO.

This build is very stable for me so far. The cosmetic changes are welcome. This product is getting a final great style.

The only things I want are bugfixes, iconchanges and this thing to get fixed finaly ....

post-260690-1236886316.jpg

This build is very stable for me so far. The cosmetic changes are welcome. This product is getting a final great style.

The only things I want are bugfixes, iconchanges and this thing to get fixed finaly ....

I don't see anything wrong with it?

I do agree they are ugly...but there's got to be some way to tell that the button is selected (for keyboard use)

You can tell because its got that blue border as well.

Those dots do look really 9x!

well u could get rid of these dots in vista already (one thing i always did very first :) )

hav a look there:

https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=532256

might work in win7 as well? possibly reboot is needed.

i followed the guide in the link and will report soon

<h4 class="BlogPostHeader"></h4>

<h4 class="BlogPostHeader">Windows 7 Build 7057 </h4> Now, Windows 7 build 7057 has leaked (x86 only). This build is newer (March 5) than any I'd previously seen or used, so I will try to grab it today. JCXP has few details but does offer up the new wallpaper and user picture downloads.

Build 7057 includes quite a few noticeable changes. First and foremost is the new pre/post-desktop screen as shown above. Also in this build are
once again
some new wallpapers, and some new user account pictures to boot. However, only the default wallpapers have been replaced this time around, the global walls remain the same. As always, these bits are available to download at the links below for you to enjoy!

A few other changes should be mentioned as well. We noted that in build 7048 that the UAC security flaw had yet to be fixed. Well we are happy to announce that this has been fixed in 7057 and users are now prompted with a UAC warning when attempting to change the UAC prompt level.
Other small changes include the ability to now resize pictures based on pixels rather than percentages in Paint, as well as being able to maintain the image aspect ratio when doing so
. Media Center has also been tricked out with a new anthem-like intro tune and interface sound effects. And good news for you Canadian TV watchers; TV functions no longer cause Media Center to crash when setting your region to Canada.

+1

Mounting to the desktop means you can only 'update' the opertating system though doesn't it, rather than install it onto a seperate partition? I'm thinking of installing my 7000 build, which I've been debating installing :)

Mounting the Win7 iso from any other Windows on a seperate partition and then doing a clean install on another partition is perfectly possible. It's how I did all my Win7 installs.

Damnit! My CPU fan is spinning like crazy after i installed. Dell XPS M1330 with Core 2 Duo T7500 (2.2ghz) and GeForce 8400M GS. Didn't have any problems like this with 7000. Anyone got an idea what's wrong?

Damnit! My CPU fan is spinning like crazy after i installed. Dell XPS M1330 with Core 2 Duo T7500 (2.2ghz) and GeForce 8400M GS. Didn't have any problems like this with 7000. Anyone got an idea what's wrong?

Check if it found all drivers.

I would reccomend to everyone to install this build from a 'Fresh Install' rather than an upgrade. It seems that upgrades are causing extra bugs to emerge

Check if it found all drivers.

All drivers were found. Also tried running Intel INF from Dell website but it wouldn't install more than a few drivers

Had a similar issue after upgrade to 7047 on my MB Air, but after a while it sorted itself. (I put it down to indexing or something). Went away more quickly on a fresh install.

Chris

Had a similar issue after upgrade to 7047 on my MB Air, but after a while it sorted itself. (I put it down to indexing or something). Went away more quickly on a fresh install.

Chris

It was a fresh install, and it wasn't indexing :(

The strange thing is that the fan spins up, goes full time for some seconds, stops, waits 1 seconds, and then spins up again on and on and on.

Edited by Kristian

I don't know if anyone has posted this before, but the help/support links in "Programs and Features" seem to actually be clickable for once.

What is the RU at the top left of the screen in the photos at Welcome screen? Does it stand for Russia to show where it origins from?

I think its the locale of the source of the leak.. Ru = Russian..