All-Glass Firefox v2!

It it possible to turn of aero in certain parts? I do not want the tabs and the bookmark to be in aero. I'd like the have the rest including the status bar in aero. Is there a setting somewhere that I can check boxes to turn certain parts?

Edited by LAMj

It it possible to turn of aero in certain parts? I do not want the tabs and the bookmark to be in aero. I'd like the have the rest including the status bar in aero. Is there a setting somewhere that I can check boxes to turn certain parts?

Not there right now.. Sorry!

I made some alterations to the javascript, which I'll post here so you can use, if you want.

Basically the changes involve;

-glassing full screen on key press (F12), although it's very slow

-glassing the sidebars (with some stylish code to glass them, which I can't get to work properly in overlay.css atm)

-changed the way the statusbar is skinned, basically implemented the commented out code so it skins to the top regardless of what is in the statusbar area.

-changed the overlay.css so it glasses custom toolbars.

Edited by Barney

12eason: Dumb question.... But how would one install that? I get the stylish script, but the javascript and css files, what would I do of them?

12eason: Dumb question.... But how would one install that? I get the stylish script, but the javascript and css files, what would I do of them?
Sorry. Forgot about that;

Once you have All-Glass v2 installed, rename two of the attached files to dwm-overlay.js and overlay.css. Then navigate to your firefox profile directory, then 'extensions', 'glasser@sixxgate.com' then 'chrome. There you'll have two directories, dwm-overlay.js resides in 'content' and overlay.css is in 'skin/classic'. Don't forget to backup the old files.

Later on today I'll get around to updating the sidebar code so it glasses to the separator's x value, that should fix problems with extensions like all-in-one that add toolbars to the sidebar that aren't part of the sidebar box.

Edited by 12eason

Later on today I'll get around to updating the sidebar code so it glasses to the separator's x value, that should fix problems with extensions like all-in-one that add toolbars to the sidebar that aren't part of the sidebar box.

Hey guys, does anyone know how to make the scrollbar on the right side of the screen transparent? that would be an awesome touch

i modded my firefox with a different theme on top of allglasser

looks awesome imo

post-292608-1244374791_thumb.jpg

Hey guys, does anyone know how to make the scrollbar on the right side of the screen transparent? that would be an awesome touch

i modded my firefox with a different theme on top of allglasser

looks awesome imo

Not sure if it can be done. I did have a mess around with some stylish scripts which removed the scrollbar completely, but I didn't come across any that made it transparent :( Having said that, the scripts didn't seem to work for every site either.

Not sure if it can be done. I did have a mess around with some stylish scripts which removed the scrollbar completely, but I didn't come across any that made it transparent :( Having said that, the scripts didn't seem to work for every site either.

I've just done this, although with the standard version of all-glass, the scrollbars just become transparent to the page. With my small modifcation in full glass mode, the scrollbars get glassed. I'm going to take a look at the javascript later, but I'm not entirely sure if I'll be able to get the glass to cover just the outer scrollbars.

Anyway, stylish code is, for flat scrallbars;

@namespace url("http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul");
@namespace html url("http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"); /* namespace for HTML elements */

/* ::::: scrollbar ::::: */

scrollbar{
-moz-appearance: none !important;
background: RGBa(0,0,0,0.2) !important;
}

scrollbar[orient="vertical"]
{
}

/* ::::: borders for thumb and buttons ::::: */

thumb,
scrollbarbutton {
margin: -1px -1px -1px -1px !important;
	border: none !important

}

/* ::::: thumb ::::: */

thumb {
background: RGBa(0,0,0,0.1) !important;
}

thumb[orient="horizontal"] {
}

thumb:active, thumb[active="true"] {
}

thumb[orient="horizontal"]:active, thumb[orient="horizontal"][active="true"]{
}

/* ::::: scrollbar button ::::: */

scrollbarbutton {

}

scrollbarbutton:hover:active, scrollbarbutton[active="true"] {
background: RGBa(0,0,0,0.3) !important;
}

/* ::::: square at the corner of two scrollbars ::::: */

scrollcorner { 
background: transparent !important;
}

scrollbarbutton[type="increment"] {
  background-image: url("chrome://global/skin/arrow/arrow-rit.gif") !important;
background-position: center !important;
background-repeat: no-repeat !important;
}

scrollbarbutton[type="increment"][disabled="true"] {
  background-image: url("chrome://global/skin/arrow/arrow-rit-dis.gif") !important;
}

scrollbar[orient="vertical"] > scrollbarbutton[type="increment"] {
  background-image: url("chrome://global/skin/arrow/arrow-dn.gif") !important;
}

scrollbar[orient="vertical"] > scrollbarbutton[type="increment"][disabled="true"] {
  background-image: url("chrome://global/skin/arrow/arrow-dn-dis.gif") !important;
}

/* ..... decrement .... */

scrollbarbutton[type="decrement"] {
   background-image: url("chrome://global/skin/arrow/arrow-lft.gif") !important;
}

scrollbarbutton[type="decrement"][disabled="true"] {
   background-image: url("chrome://global/skin/arrow/arrow-lft-dis.gif") !important;
}

scrollbar[orient="vertical"] > scrollbarbutton[type="decrement"] {
   background-image: url("chrome://global/skin/arrow/arrow-up.gif") !important;
}

scrollbar[orient="vertical"] > scrollbarbutton[type="decrement"][disabled="true"] {
   background-image: url("chrome://global/skin/arrow/arrow-up-dis.gif") !important;
}

And for ones with borders;

@namespace url("http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul");
@namespace html url("http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"); /* namespace for HTML elements */

/* ::::: scrollbar ::::: */

scrollbar{
}

scrollbar[orient="vertical"]
{
}

/* ::::: borders for thumb and buttons ::::: */

thumb,
scrollbarbutton {
margin: -2px -2px -2px -2px !important;
	border: 1px solid;
	-moz-border-top-colors: ThreeDLightShadow ThreeDHighlight;
	-moz-border-right-colors: ThreeDDarkShadow ThreeDShadow;
	-moz-border-bottom-colors: ThreeDDarkShadow ThreeDShadow;
	-moz-border-left-colors: ThreeDLightShadow ThreeDHighlight;

}

/* ::::: thumb ::::: */

thumb {
}

thumb[orient="horizontal"] {
}

thumb:active, thumb[active="true"] {
}

thumb[orient="horizontal"]:active, thumb[orient="horizontal"][active="true"]{
}

/* ::::: scrollbar button ::::: */

scrollbarbutton {

}

scrollbarbutton:hover:active, scrollbarbutton[active="true"] {
background: RGBa(0,0,0,0.3) !important;
}

/* ::::: square at the corner of two scrollbars ::::: */

scrollcorner { 
}

scrollbarbutton[type="increment"] {
  background-image: url("chrome://global/skin/arrow/arrow-rit.gif") !important;
}

scrollbarbutton[type="increment"][disabled="true"] {
  background-image: url("chrome://global/skin/arrow/arrow-rit-dis.gif") !important;
}

scrollbar[orient="vertical"] > scrollbarbutton[type="increment"] {
  background-image: url("chrome://global/skin/arrow/arrow-dn.gif") !important;
}

scrollbar[orient="vertical"] > scrollbarbutton[type="increment"][disabled="true"] {
  background-image: url("chrome://global/skin/arrow/arrow-dn-dis.gif") !important;
}

/* ..... decrement .... */

scrollbarbutton[type="decrement"] {
   background-image: url("chrome://global/skin/arrow/arrow-lft.gif") !important;
}

scrollbarbutton[type="decrement"][disabled="true"] {
   background-image: url("chrome://global/skin/arrow/arrow-lft-dis.gif") !important;
}

scrollbar[orient="vertical"] > scrollbarbutton[type="decrement"] {
   background-image: url("chrome://global/skin/arrow/arrow-up.gif") !important;
}

scrollbar[orient="vertical"] > scrollbarbutton[type="decrement"][disabled="true"] {
   background-image: url("chrome://global/skin/arrow/arrow-up-dis.gif") !important;
}

The biggest problem I'm having with this is that it's even making webpages transparent. How do I fix this?

It shouldn't be doing that. The only thing that might cause it to do that is having an element of the toolbox moved down to the statusbar. I know there are a few stylish mods that do that, are you running one of those?

Edited by 12eason

Found the problem, and it happens to be one of my favourite add-ons: "Tab Kit 0.5.5", basically it shows tabs on the side, like a side bar, rather than across the top. it made browsing easier, since I tend to have multiple tabs open of the same site, and it acts like tree style, and works better than Tree Style tab in my opinion. Any chance of that getting fixed?

Edited by Gio Takahashi

Found the problem, and it happens to be one of my favourite add-ons: "Tab Kit 0.5.5", basically it shows tabs on the side, like a side bar, rather than across the top. it made browsing easier, since I tend to have multiple tabs open of the same site, and it acts like tree style, and works better than Tree Style tab in my opinion. Any chance of that getting fixed?

Yep, removing the tabheight variable should do it. Here, rename the attached file to dwm-overlay.js and move it to your profile/extensions/glasser@sixxgate/chrome/content directory.

You could quite easily also change the tabheight variable to a boxObject.width property and put it on the left side, so the side tabs get glassed. But you'd need to make a skin for it too.

New release! for Firefox 3.5b99: All-Glass Firefox 2.1.1

Contains some bugfixes!

Don't upgrade if you're running 3.5b4, this one is specific for b99 (can be downloaded here).

Very important!

You HAVE to uninstall your current version first! For Mozilla Addons I had to create a new GUID, not uninstalling any older version of Glasser or my All-Glass mod will produce problems!

Download version 2.1.1

New release! for Firefox 3.5b99: All-Glass Firefox 2.1.1

Contains some bugfixes!

Don't upgrade if you're running 3.5b4, this one is specific for b99 (can be downloaded here).

Very important!

You HAVE to uninstall your current version first! For Mozilla Addons I had to create a new GUID, not uninstalling any older version of Glasser or my All-Glass mod will produce problems!

Download version 2.1.1

great! thanks.

I have rewritten the javascript to adapt to the scrollbars now, as well as various other changes, but I don't think I should post it here as it's too confusing having different versions flying about. (and I suppose the copyright thing too, lol)

Fresh install of Windows 7 and Firefox 3.5b99 with All-Glass 2.1.1.

When I hover over the "List all tabs" drop-down, it seems like the text in the active tab is pushed down 1 to 2px, which then pushes the entire upper border of the content frame down the same distance.

Secondly, I've noticed that there's no padding for icons and such that appear in the status bar, whereas without the All-Glass add-on, those items seem to be more vertically centered. Without that type of positioning, the bottom border of Firefox looks bloated; much larger than it needs to be.

Lastly, when I have 'browser.tabs.closeButtons' in about:config set to 3 (Creates a single close button to the right of "List all tabs" drop-down and removes the close buttons from the tabs), the background of the single close button isn't glassed.

Also, would it be possible to add an options menu to enable and disable glass styles for various areas of Firefox? I know I would love to prevent the tabs from being glassed (Which would negate the need to glass that close button I just complained about).

Fresh install of Windows 7 and Firefox 3.5b99 with All-Glass 2.1.1.

When I hover over the "List all tabs" drop-down, it seems like the text in the active tab is pushed down 1 to 2px, which then pushes the entire upper border of the content frame down the same distance.

Secondly, I've noticed that there's no padding for icons and such that appear in the status bar, whereas without the All-Glass add-on, those items seem to be more vertically centered. Without that type of positioning, the bottom border of Firefox looks bloated; much larger than it needs to be.

Lastly, when I have 'browser.tabs.closeButtons' in about:config set to 3 (Creates a single close button to the right of "List all tabs" drop-down and removes the close buttons from the tabs), the background of the single close button isn't glassed.

Also, would it be possible to add an options menu to enable and disable glass styles for various areas of Firefox? I know I would love to prevent the tabs from being glassed (Which would negate the need to glass that close button I just complained about).

I'm not good at coding, and the fact that the entire border of the viewport gets pushed down when hovering the list all tabs button is known, and I have no idea how to fix it.

I'm sorry, but I really can't help you with that... Though, if you don't want the tab bar to get glassed, you might want to try the normal glasser extension. ( https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/7336 )

Does this work in XP?

Nope. You need Aero Glass which is obviously only supported in Vista and 7.

12eason how did you get the tiny globe icon on the bottom left most of your status bar ?

try this to fix the transparent text

FORM *:not([name="q"]):not([type="submit"]):not([type="button"]):not([class="gac_m"]) 
{
}

.gac_m
{
padding-top: 20px !important;
background-color: rgba(0,0,0,0.4) !important;
opacity: 0.99 !important;
}
.g
{
text-shadow: steelblue 1px 1px 10px,
black 1px 1px 10px,
white 1px 1px 10px !important;
}

#res .g a:hover 
{
steelblue 1px 1px 10px,
lime 1px 1px 10px !important;
}

input *
{
color: white !important;
font-weight: bolder!important;
steelblue 1px 1px 10px,
white 1px 1px 10px !important;
}

and do you have the fix for the all-in-one sidebar ? mine has white fringes around my browser

Have a problem: the text on the tabs is black, and not white like you said in the first post.

This creates little problems, being that I have a black background.

Screen:

firefox.png