All-Glass Firefox v2!

Latest release: 2.1.4

I have this error a jillion times when I try to use your extension. Only disabling or uninstalling fixes it:

glasserror.gif

Please fix this.

Thank You

JW 'Yawn' vanLohuizen

post-323302-1262035281_thumb.png

Hello. I'm a big fan of this add-on. I have been unable to determine the cause of an issue I am experiencing and was wondering if someone could provide some assistance.

Windows 7 Enterprise 32-bit

Firefox version: 3.5.6

All-glass version: 2.1.4

The issue is that favicons are not showing for bookmarks in the Bookmark Toolbar. I have included a small screen shot as an attachment to this post.

Also, is it possible to change the degree of transparency when Firefox has the focus (is active)?

Thank you.

post-323312-1262040521.jpg

A quick update for everyone

Since some people are having problems with the new .js and .dll I'll be reverting back to the old version with the next update, along with some extra compatibility fixes for some addons etc!

- Ambroos

Hello. I'm a big fan of this add-on. I have been unable to determine the cause of an issue I am experiencing and was wondering if someone could provide some assistance.

Windows 7 Enterprise 32-bit

Firefox version: 3.5.6

All-glass version: 2.1.4

The issue is that favicons are not showing for bookmarks in the Bookmark Toolbar. I have included a small screen shot as an attachment to this post.

Also, is it possible to change the degree of transparency when Firefox has the focus (is active)?

Thank you.

Hey!

The favicon issue - I highly doubt that has anything to do with my addon, I think you'll have to look somewhere else for that...

The degree of transparency: this is controlled by Windows, and it's impossible for me to modify it from within Firefox... Sorry!

Thanks for using my addon :)

- Ambroos

is this also supposed to "glass" the drop-down menus? It doesn't on my computer, which is why I'm asking. but I really like the glassed toolbars and stuff! if it only glassed the drop-down menus, it'd be perfect.

EDIT: I don't want drop-down menus to be entirely glassed, as that would make it really hard to see what they say. just slightly transparent.

Edited by herochild

is this also supposed to "glass" the drop-down menus? It doesn't on my computer, which is why I'm asking. but I really like the glassed toolbars and stuff! if it only glassed the drop-down menus, it'd be perfect.

EDIT: I don't want drop-down menus to be entirely glassed, as that would make it really hard to see what they say. just slightly transparent.

It's not supposed to do that, no. There are many Userstyles that can do that and that's why I'm not including it in my addon. Many people would think it's rather annoying (including me)!

Thanks for using my addon ^^ !

- Ambroos

awesome thing you got here bro :laugh:

but it unfortunately isn't compatible with the tree style tab add on which can be found here: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/5890

I just registered to second this. TST + this addon gives very odd results (the text seems to move in and out of phase (basically changing between barely legible and entirely unreadable.) and I'm not sure why it would interact in this way. TST is a very nice addon for people with WS screens, btw.

Anyway, thanks for the addon. (and it would be neat if this could be fixed somehow, although I don't know whether the buggy behavior is due to this addon or TST)

bug report: this addon doesn't work with the Aero Fox Silver theme. a lot of the glass disappears when using that theme. (actually, Glass addons don't seem to work with most themes...)

(some of the glass remains, just not all of it.)

That's not a bug. Don't expect add-ons like this to work with every theme or add-on out there. It looks like Aero Fox Silver uses it's own UI elements that supercede All-Glass' elements. You'd be better off contacting the author of Aero Fox Sliver to see if he's willing to make the theme compatible with All-Glass.

I use Kempelton and it looks great. You can also use Strata40, however since I tested it they've added a glass option in StrataBuddy.

I've just installed the new RC1 build of Firefox 3.6 and decided to use Glasser again. Right now, it's all black, rather than glass. I'd just like to know when you tend to get updates out for newer versions of the beta/RC builds? No rush though of course :)

What RC1 build? The latest beta release is 3.6b5 and the latest nightly build is 3.6b6pre. I'm using 3.6b5 and have no issues.

I've just installed the new RC1 build of Firefox 3.6 and decided to use Glasser again. Right now, it's all black, rather than glass. I'd just like to know when you tend to get updates out for newer versions of the beta/RC builds? No rush though of course :)

Today and tomorrow I'm afraid I don't have time, but friday evening I'll have a look and make sure it's updated before monday!

^^

- Ambroos

What RC1 build? The latest beta release is 3.6b5 and the latest nightly build is 3.6b6pre. I'm using 3.6b5 and have no issues.

This one :)

Today and tomorrow I'm afraid I don't have time, but friday evening I'll have a look and make sure it's updated before monday!

^^

- Ambroos

Thank you :) If it helps, I think I have narrowed the problem down to the following code I am using to hide the whole tab bar :/ When I disable the following code in Stylish, everything is glass again :happy: I would like to use tabs, but hide the tab bar no matter how many tabs are open which is why I have to use code to do so (the reason is because I hate how a web browser looks with tabs and Firefox 3.6 has some neat tab preview features which can be accessed via keyboard shortcuts).

Here is the code I am using which causes the problem:

.tabbrowser-strip { display: none !important; }

Edited by Calum
Updated link

"This one?" :huh: I just added that code to Stylish and it did not make anything black. You may have another style or add-on that is causing that.

Hmm. For some reason I pasted the wrong link. This is the thread I meant which contains information about the new release candidate: https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=862986

Using the new RC, downloading from the link provided there, causes that issue when that code is added to a new script in Stylish; the browser must be restarted for this bug to become apparent (despite not usually having to restart the browser when editing the CSS of the chrome). I know that is the case because I disabled all add-ons, except Glasser, enabled the code and disabled the code; multiple times :)

I have found other code to hide the tab bar, which works perfectly and does not disrupt Glasser - making it fully transparent:

EDIT: Hmm, that did remove the whole tab bar when I first tried it; now, somehow it's changed and just seems to display a white block in place of the tab bar :/

Hmm. For some reason I pasted the wrong link. This is the thread I meant which contains information about the new release candidate: https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=862986

Using the new RC, downloading from the link provided there, causes that issue when that code is added to a new script in Stylish; the browser must be restarted for this bug to become apparent (despite not usually having to restart the browser when editing the CSS of the chrome). I know that is the case because I disabled all add-ons, except Glasser, enabled the code and disabled the code; multiple times :)

I have found other code to hide the tab bar, which works perfectly and does not disrupt Glasser - making it fully transparent:

EDIT: Hmm, that did remove the whole tab bar when I first tried it; now, somehow it's changed and just seems to display a white block in place of the tab bar :/

Just use your code you always use and in

X:\Users\7v2\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\whatever.default\extensions\allglassv2@ambroos.neowin.net\chrome\content

dwm-overlay.js just remove every +tabheight you can find ;) Didn't est it but it -should- work as a quick-fix!

Nighty!

Ambroos

Just use your code you always use and in

X:\Users\7v2\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\whatever.default\extensions\allglassv2@ambroos.neowin.net\chrome\content

dwm-overlay.js just remove every +tabheight you can find ;) Didn't est it but it -should- work as a quick-fix!

Nighty!

Ambroos

Thanks Ambroos, but for some reason it didn't seem to work, even after restarting Firefox :/ I'll just wait until you have a chance to look into it :) Night :)

I'm now using 3.6 RC1 and I don't have any black elements. Try creating a new profile and only install All-Glass. If that works fine, then it's down to process of elimination with an extension, theme, script or style you're using.

I have this error a jillion times when I try to use your extension. Only disabling or uninstalling fixes it:

glasserror.gif

Please fix this.

Thank You

JW 'Yawn' vanLohuizen

Ambroos &JW... anyway to fix this yet? i experienced same proble! help cos i m on CometBird (FF) 3.5.6

I have the stumbleupon toolbar (www.stumbleupon.com) installed.

Is there a way to get it transparent too?

It looks really ugly if there is a non transparent bar between the tabs and my bookmarks

guys i need some help, is there something im missing?

i use:

Strata40

StrataBuddy

Fission

and Tab Progress Bar

and i couldn't get it to work so that i would see the green loading bar

for the tabs, i see it on the bottom of my address bar, but not on the tabs them self...

can u tell me what i'm missing?

Edited by prue3