F1 World Championship 2009 Thread

Jonathan is way better than James, after this outburst of James

Also Martin is still the best. After his comment "Those Mirrors are useful as an Ashtray on a Motorbike". :laugh:

Race starts in 5 hours!!!!

Yes; but do I have the willpower to get out of bed, make an early breakfast (+1 BIG dabs mug of coffee - numma numma), get myself settled nicely for THE RACE - or will I just catch unexpected bits of it by 'virtue' of this multimedia age we live in?

*The glass may be full - but the bottle is empty :whistle:

Really miss James Allen, hopefully It wont be hard to get used to this new guy... Great qualify though, so happy to see Brawn GP do well, really deserve it! I'm also going to wait up to watch it! Bring it on!!

Briatore criticism dismissed by Brawn

Ross Brawn has put Flavio Briatore's stinging criticism of him down to 'emotions' after the Renault team chief hit out at the Briton for his role in Formula 1's diffuser controversy.

Briatore has been left furious about the diffuser dispute that overshadowed the build up to the Australian Grand Prix, and is especially angry that Brawn - who is head of FOTA's technical commission - did not sort the matter out before this weekend.

The Renault boss told the Italian media: "We've known for two months that there was this problem and someone should have done something about it. I don't like the behaviour of the FOTA technical delegate, who should have reported this thing immediately.

"Brawn should have been fair. Three months ago he should have come to us to tell us there are two interpretations over the diffusers. When I go to the FIA or to [bernie] Ecclestone, I go in the name of the FOTA, not Renault's. I don't like the fact that a FOTA representative didn't relate things transparently."

When asked by AUTOSPORT whether he was surprised about Briatore's comments, Brawn said: "I think they were a bit emotional. I think if he takes a step back and thinks about it, they were not very logical and a bit emotional.

"Clearly he's got a bit of a challenge with the team at the moment and he's firing out in every direction."

Briatore remains unhappy about the diffuser situation, however, and has echoed comments from BMW motorsport director Mario Theissen that the designs could herald a return of ground effect.

"Since Mosley became president of the FIA, each change in regulations has been done to reduce speed and to disallow a return of ground effect and mini skirts," added Briatore.

"Instead, by allowing this kind of diffuser, the possibility of obtaining an extraordinary ground effect has been allowed. What they have done isn't following the principles of the rules.

.... http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/74034

Toyota cars to start race from pitlane

Toyota's Jarno Trulli and Timo Glock will start from the pitlane for the Australian Grand Prix, the FIA confirmed on Sunday morning.

The duo were excluded from qualifying in Melbourne for a flexible wing infringement, having originally secured places in the top eight of the grid.

With the team having to withdraw its cars from parc ferme to make wing modifications so as to comply with the technical regulations, the rules state that both cars must now start from the pitlane rather than the last places on the grid.

The FIA's grid for Sunday's race shows that Trulli and Glock are eligible to start from the pitlane, with Lewis Hamilton having been relegated to last spot on the grid after being dropped five places for a replacement gearbox.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/74032

vettle lookin for 1st.

lol, mclaren 1 - ferrari 0 (pts wise)

even tho lewis statred frm last spot :p

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

kubica ruined his & vettles race

looooooooool

3 laps to go.

omg lewis in 4th place

update. lewis 3rd

w00t :p

Good race, and interesting result. Without the safety car periods and Barichello buggering up the start Brawn GP would have lapped most of the field.

Noob of the week isn't Kubica. it's Vettel who already admitted he should have let Kubica past and be happy with 3rd place.

Failure of the week: Ferrari. Double DNF? WTF.

yea, good race despite Brawns being faster than everyone else. Looking forward to Malaysia next week!

Noob of the week isn't Kubica. it's Vettel who already admitted he should have let Kubica past and be happy with 3rd place.

exactly!

What a race! One of the best I've ever seen (BTW, I haven't been watching full races for a while :p )!

when goin into that corner, kubica knew vettle was too close, so atleast kubica should hav moved a bit outside & leave sum room for vettle, but he didnt & ruined their chance of safe 3rd place

on my break and seen the results. Wow! Hamilton find luck or speed? Brawn GP to win the season (both constuctors AND drivers)?

on my break and seen the results. Wow! Hamilton find luck or speed? Brawn GP to win the season (both constuctors AND drivers)?

It was a sensational race overall! Hamilton was lucky in my opinion, seemed very negative in the post race interview as well, but still a great result for him. Brawn GP for the season..? Not sure, think we need to see Malaysia next week but I really hope so, Button deserves it so much and I really don?t think he could have a nicer team mate than Barrichello.