F1 World Championship 2009 Thread

They should just outright fire Jake, David and Eddie and have (Martin Brundle + James Allen) in the box and (Ted + Louise) in the pits covering littler stories.

these pictures are very very bad for ferrari. i can well imagine that tomorrow italian newspapers will call for kimis head.

I can't stand legard. I don't think Brundle can either. I'm much happier when it's Brundle's voice I'm hearing.

Listening to Legard is like listening to an American trying to commentate on football (soccer), he doesn't have a clue what he's talking about.

"AND OMG HES GONE OFF THE TRACK" - Legard

"That's a replay" - Brundle

"Oops" - Legard

I enjoy watching when they show them on camera just before the GP, Brundle looks like he wants to kill Legard. Stick Legard back on Radio 5 and give us good old Murray :D

Legard is a bit anoying, he just can't spit the words out. Even simple things like saying the postions he makes a pig ear out of it, Brundle says it how it is, First - Button Second Blah Third Blah. We should just get Brundle on his own, he knows what he talking about but he also knows how to present the race and what we should look out for. Qualifying is a perfect example of that, if someones put in a time, he says what that time is and goes back to the subject. But with legard it seems we just miss a load of times going on the screen.

Jake isn't that bad, he needs to get rid of the smug face and calm down. Eddie is always a anoying. Might as well get DC to present it, he's nice and calm and easy to listen to and comes out with a nice thing. Might as well replace Eddie with Davidson, he's easy to listen to in the free practice.

Problem is, the F1 takes place over a location, so the presenters move about quite a bit. I agree about the women, no idea what she does, might a well get Ted to do all the work

these pictures are very very bad for ferrari. i can well imagine that tomorrow italian newspapers will call for kimis head.

Uh, why? The race was over at that point (for him at least), his car had to be taken to pits for another KERS failure and even without that the team tactician's decision to put him on full wets 5-6 laps too early had already cost them all possible points.

Why. Kimi clearly had no chance of scoring points, and it was clear by then he was likely to retire, whether they restarted the race or not. Ferrari wouldn't have taken him out of his car and allowed him to remove his pit gear if they thought he had a clear case for carrying on.

The troubles that Ferrari find themselves in are somewhat puzzling. Their car is poor, and what is more worrying is that the reliability is positively awful, they have a hell of a lot of work to do. McLaren are also admittedly in bad shape, but they have an excellent KERS system, and their car is reliable, and they should have an easier job than Ferrari who have to find both reliability and performance.

As long as the FIA don't force the "diffuser teams" to change their designs, this has all the hallmarks of being a very interesting season. Also, I really hope they return the flyaway races to their normal times to prevent a farcical situation like this occuring again, its a real shame to see a race run its course like that.

@Axel: It shown on TSN in english and RDS in french. When it's a GP in Europe, we watch it at 7 or 8 AM.

Cheers buddy - Is their coverage pretty good?

FIA Making Plans For Same Engine For F1 And WRC

Max Mosley has revealed plans for a "world engine" that in 2013 would be capable of powering FIA categories including formula one, world rally and F2.

On a visit last weekend to the rally of Portugal he said: "It would work in turbocharged form for F1 and then all the way down to naturally aspirated form for the lesser categories and in a turbocharged or naturally aspirated form for the world rally championship."

The FIA president said the planning phase of the project is in its "very early days", with the car manufacturers to be involved.

In the case of F1, he said "peripheral areas" of the engine will be open for development, including KERS and other energy recovery systems to be introduced.

Asked for further information, he said energy could be collected not only from braking heat as at present, but "from exhausts and even from the cooling system".

Referring to the universal FIA engine, he added: "If we can - and I'm not sure we can - find a way of combining all forms of motor sport in that system then this would be useful because of the huge sums spent on motor sport."

http://paddocktalk.com/news/html/modules.p...&sid=106157

Cheers buddy - Is their coverage pretty good?

It's good but it's probably better when you watch it in Europe.

On TSN, they only show the race, no qualification.

If you want to see them they shown in RDS in french or on Speed channel (but not everyone have this channel).

It's good but it's probably better when you watch it in Europe.

On TSN, they only show the race, no qualification.

If you want to see them they shown in RDS in french or on Speed channel (but not everyone have this channel).

Okay cheers - I'll have to see what my cousin has when am over there! I know her husband's into sports and they have some sort of cable service with a PVR so hopefully will be ok! Not sure how TV packages work over there.

McLaren summoned by FIA's WMSC

McLaren has been summoned to appear before the FIA's World Motor Sport Council on April 29 to answer charges that it has brought Formula 1 into disrepute over the controversy surrounding Lewis Hamilton's Australian Grand Prix disqualification.

The team has been summoned after it 'deliberately misled' stewards at the Australian Grand Prix during a hearing into Jarno Trulli overtaking Lewis Hamilton behind the safety car in the closing stages of the Melbourne race.

The FIA announced on Tuesday that the team will appear before the extraordinary WMSC hearing in Paris on the Wednesday after the Bahrain GP to answer charges that it has breached Article 151c of the International Sporting Code.

The rule states that competitors are in breach of the regulations if they take part in: "Any fraudulent conduct or any act prejudicial to the interests of any competition or to the interests of motor sport generally."

The FIA claims that McLaren may have broken the regulations on five counts, that:

* on 29 March, 2009, told the stewards of the Australian Grand Prix that no instructions were given to Hamilton in Car No. 1 to allow Trulli in Car no. 9 to pass when both cars were behind the safety car, knowing this statement to be untrue;

* procured its driver Hamilton the current World Champion, to support and confirm this untrue statement to the stewards;

* although knowing that as a direct result of its untrue statement to the stewards, another driver and a rival team had been unfairly penalised, made no attempt to rectify the situation either by contacting the FIA or otherwise;

* on 2 April, 2009, at a second hearing before the stewards of the Australian Grand Prix, (meeting in Malaysia) made no attempt to correct the untrue statement of 29 March but, on the contrary, continued to maintain that the statement was true, despite being allowed to listen to a recording of the team instructing Hamilton to let Trulli past and despite being given more than one opportunity to correct its false statement;

* on 2 April, 2009, at the second stewards' hearing, procured its driver Hamilton to continue to assert the truth of the false statement given to the stewards on 29 March, while knowing that what he was saying to the stewards was not true.

McLaren has already admitted that sporting director Dave Ryan and Hamilton lied to the stewards during the hearing in Australia, and a second meeting on the eve of the Malaysian Grand Prix.

Ryan has been suspended by the team, and Hamilton made an open apology for his actions after revealing that he had been advised by Ryan not to tell the full truth.

"I've never felt so bad," he said during an emotional press conference in Malaysia last week. "Try and put yourself in my position and understand that, like I said, I am not a liar. I have not gone through my life being a liar or dishonest. And so for people to say I am dishonest and for the world to think that....what can I say?"

It is possible that Hamilton could be called to testify at the WMSC hearing to clarify his involvement in the matter.

His father-manager Anthony was understood to have been in contact with FIA president Max Mosley during the course of last week's Malaysian GP weekend as the fallout from the controversy spiralled out of control.

I smell trouble brewing for McLaren.

Absolutely. Even as a Fan, I will admit this is really bad, worse even IMO than the spygate offence, and I am fully expecting another big penalty.

It's not even out of the question that Hamilton is considering leaving McLaren, keep in mind that McLaren meant everything to him in his career.

For sure it will damage his relationship with the team, just remains to be seen how much. If the heat on him dies down and switches to the team, I believe things will repair themselves, if he comes under any further scrutiny its totally possible that he will leave them.

Sad situation all around really

tbh i think the best move for Hamilton is to ditch McLaren, They started his career but since he started there has been 2 big problems, spygate and this, Brawn GP if Ruben's quits/retires ? that would be an ace team... Button and Hamilton with fast car ?

Well Brawn are fast at the moment, but they are still a new team, I think Lewis will wait to see the new pecking order establish itself before he signs for any team

Hamilton would not be allowed to quit Mclaren as they have backed him all the way from karting to F1, his life is basically signed to them.

Hamilton would not be allowed to quit Mclaren as they have backed him all the way from karting to F1, his life is basically signed to them.

Of course he would. Once his contract expires, he is a free agent regardless of who funded his career, and they can't force him to sign a new one.

He is actually on a contract with them until 2012, but after all the hard work and money McLaren have put into him they would not let him go easily.