F1 World Championship 2009 Thread

I feel Brawn will be quicker in the race tomorrow, but Trulli and Lewis are the standout performers for me. The testing Ferrari have done, coupled with the fact that Bahrain isn't such an aero dependant circuit will play to their advantage here, and as long as their awful reliability improves, they will pick up some points here, but I still imagine it will be the back end of the points. The fact that McLaren have actually made up ground and are already apparently pretty equal on pace with Ferrari will also disappoint them, considering how poor the silver team where at the start of the season. Despite their improved showing here, they still need to pull their finger out bigtime.

Something tells me that toyota wont be able to keep the race pace, Trulli's Qual lap looked like he was fighting the car in the corners alot compared to the smooth corners mclaren and Brawn do. However Depending on what strategy the others are on all they might stay up there

I didn't see that myself. He made a couple of small errors on the lap, but I thought his car was handling very well. The only unknown with Trulli is that sometimes he is awesome, and sometimes his race pace drops off. Toyota better hope they see the good trulli, and not the indifferent one, because the indifferent one won't beat the brawns.

I was half-expecting that Briatore would be complaining. He's a real sore loser. First he criticises Button, now this.

Flavio, man up and get with the times, or get the fudge out!

What he says is valid though, why bring in cost reduction measures then change the whole aero regulations and get the teams to throw money at KERS for an advantage that isn't that great.

KERS for an advantage that isn't that great.

but that can be solved very easily. according to current rules loading up and unloading kers is only allowed 1 time per lap. why not making it allowed 2 or 3 times per lap or generally for a longer time.

the idea behind kers is super and i find it impressive how some teams, especially mclaren here, have integrated it into their car. it really gives you ennough boost to overtake and adding to that its a good sign to the ecological aspect of f1.

banning kers now would send a horrible sign and not the way to go. first they invest a lot of money and then getting the technology banned?

WHOO!!!! button 1st again!! great drive :)

rofl please dont make me laugh ferrari on the podium rofl!!!!! nice 1st, 2nd and 3rd :)

a podium was definitly possible for ferrari today, sad that the scuderia lost the wrong driver at the start; massas lap times were quite impressive but of course he couldnt do more.

congrats to brawngp their car is amazing, even a mediocre driver like button can win with it;

vettel = clearly the best driver out there these days he would trash button on every single lap in the same car.

amazing performance from hamilton as well.

the race itself was rather boring. bring on the next one!

button isnt mediocre.

he is as good as hamilton. give em car like toro rosso, they are nowhere, give them best car, they win.

Fisichella is mediocre driver. even with the best car ( 2005 renault) he lost in final lap of Suzuka GP to Kimi :p

Atlast Ferrari scored. :p

---------

Montezemolo blames rules for poor start

"But we have been surprised to see KERS was just a suggestion, not a real world. And today we are facing a very strange and in my opinion not positive situation. We have three different F1s on the grid – we have F1 competition cars with KERS, F1 competition between cars with no KERS and a different floor, and third competitors with no KERS and no floor.

"I think this is bad, and it is one of the reasons why unfortunately we are not competitive and we are forced to invest time, and extra money in such a difficult moment, to do a heavy modification to our car........

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/74864

button isnt mediocre.

he is as good as hamilton. give em car like toro rosso, they are nowhere, give them best car, they win.

Fisichella is mediocre driver. even with the best car ( 2005 renault) he lost in final lap of Suzuka GP to Kimi :p

Atlast Ferrari scored. :p

---------

Montezemolo blames rules for poor start

He's just spouting off because he's jealous that other people have done a better job than Ferrari have.

Good race, not terribly exciting but there will be a big battle towards end of season looking forward to what upgrades spain will bring, Changing the pecking order again? Hope not. I like knowing who and who wont be up there :p

He's just spouting off because he's jealous that other people have done a better job than Ferrari have.

nah im not that childish, sorry.

all i wish for is an exciting worldchampionship, which is difficult to achieve if button wins every race.

but maybe you like boredom then? :)

I was actually referring to Luca De Montezemolo, not you :blink: and I would rather see button win every race for the next 10 years than for Ferrari to take anything else.

At the end of the day, Button has fought his entire career with mediocre cars, despite having immense driving ability. I have a lot of respect for him, and I am glad he is in a winning car for once in his career. And although Button has won 3 out of 4 races, I don't think this season has been boring at all, there are a lot of unknowns and unlike last year it wasn't a "lead from pole and win the race" snoozefest, there has been real fight for the winners of every race.

I was actually referring to Luca De Montezemolo, not you :blink: and I would rather see button win every race for the next 10 years than for Ferrari to take anything else.

At the end of the day, Button has fought his entire career with mediocre cars, despite having immense driving ability. I have a lot of respect for him, and I am glad he is in a winning car for once in his career. And although Button has won 3 out of 4 races, I don't think this season has been boring at all, there are a lot of unknowns and unlike last year it wasn't a "lead from pole and win the race" snoozefest, there has been real fight for the winners of every race.

This season hasn't been boring at all. Pecking order is different in every race/qual and pratice session. Spain will spice things up even more because every team will be upgrading the cars