2,500,000,000 Achievements have been unlocked

Xbox 360 gamers have unlocked a grand total of two and a half billion Achievements, according to Xbox boss Aaron Greenberg, earning 52 billion Gamerscore in the process.

That's the weak, American, billion rather than the mighty UK one, but still an impressive sum. The average works out at 150 Gamerscore for every Xbox gamer, a figure that our Gillen topped only recently when he finally got broadband.

The stats were referenced in a feature at Gamasutra looking at how Achievements should be used by game developers. It's not a bad read, if you're bored this weekend.

Source: http://www.oxm.co.uk/article.php?id=9356

i hate the american billion, no logic :p

ontopic: impressive, didn't know there were so many achievements per game, and so many live id's with an xbox

You think if there's any way to determine who got the the major milestone gamerpoints, i.e. first, million, billion?

Does this take an average of the people they know about and spread them across all 360 sales, or is it just from people connected to Live?

Either way, still a very impressive figure.

Regarding the numbering system, in the UK we use the more logical 'American' billion now. I don't get why it's called the UK system anymore.

UK Billion: 1,000,000,000,000 (one million million)

US Billion: 1,000,000,000 (one thousand million)

US Trillion = UK Billion

I had no idea about that

and it would only could people who are connected to live as obviously microsoft would have no other way to retrieve the data

UK Billion: 1,000,000,000,000 (one million million)

US Billion: 1,000,000,000 (one thousand million)

US Trillion = UK Billion

Wow. I did not know that.

the irony?

so many achievements unlocked and nothing REALLY achieved! LOL

A lot has been achieved - everyone expected achievements to be nothing more than a novelty. These statistics only further prove the success of the achievement system.