Longhorn Transformation Pack

Hiyas,

I'm on an older machine that's running Windows 2000 Professional, but I'd like the newer look of Vista. I've tried the Vista Transformation Pack 3.0 but of course it doesn't work because it's built for XP. So, I was wondering if any of you guys knew if there's a package out there that I can download that is compatible with 2000 and that will update all my windows icons and skin files with the new Vista look? I've spent a few hours searching the web but without success which is strange because I'd have thought there'd be a few people out there still running 2000 that would want to skin-it-up to the newer vista look. Oh well...

This is my first post on these forums btw :p

Any help is greatly appreciated

Kidicarus

Edited by Kidicarus

Click start> add/ or remove programs> then looks for Vista Transformation Pack. Click uninstall, it should give you various options, select uninstall.

Hi, I just tried installing this pack, however I keep getting this error:

Error 53: File Cannot be Found

always stops at this file: icons_shell32.res

anyone know how to fix this? any help would be appreciated thanks

Why Wait for Vista?

Free and low-cost add-ons deliver Vista's features to your current XP system.

Scott Dunn, PC World

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Vista delay, schmista delay. You may not be able to upgrade to the official next version of Microsoft's Windows for months, but you don't have to wait a day to add many of the new OS's security, performance, and interface improvements to your current XP setup. And to top it off, many of these advances cost little or no money.

Vista introduces new techniques to help speed Windows' startup and shutdown times, and to accelerate application launches. SystemBoosterXP claims to use a technology similar to Vista's prefetching, which anticipates the files you're likely to request next and revs up your file loading and app starts. The program sits quietly in your system tray (the area near the clock) and needs little if any configuring. You can try it for 30 days before forking over the $20 registration fee.

On the other hand, if you're an inveterate system tweaker, DriverHeaven TuneXP; free, though donations are accepted) lets you adjust a variety of system settings--many of which I'd never heard of--to speed up Windows starts and shutdowns, and to optimize other system processes. For example, the utility lets you rearrange boot files for faster startups and clean out Windows' prefetch folder to optimize file access. Though every command is explained in the program's help file, it is clearly intended for technically adept users.

If you're running out of system memory, check out MemoryBoost Pro, which hunts down RAM hogs, recovers memory leaks, and frees up unused memory. Faced with a particular application that needs all the RAM it can get, you can create a special "boost shortcut" that gathers as much available memory as possible before launching the app. MemoryBoost Pro is $20 shareware with a 30-day trial period. If that's out of your price range, the freeware utility FreeRAM XP Pro aims to do much the same thing, albeit with relatively modest features.

http://www.pcworld.com/news/article/0,aid,125324,00.asp

Hi.

Calc worked before i installed the full pack.

afterwards, it doesnt work. Restarted it doesnt work. keep getting this message.

dllthing7tk.jpg

I then googled the .dll and thinking it was broken or somthing, replaced it in my system32 folder with the new one. In the end, my computer woudnt start and i had to format the whole computer and reinstall the OS.

How can i fix this calc? thx

Hi.

afterwards, it doesnt work. Restarted it doesnt work. keep getting this message.

dllthing7tk.jpg

I then googled the .dll and thinking it was broken or somthing, replaced it in my system32 folder with the new one. In the end, my computer woudnt start and i had to format the whole computer and reinstall the OS.

Indeed I have finished 5342 visual styles and glass skin. However, I'm learning CMS right now for my new site in << spam >>. It would be great if someone can help me running new site with modx cms.

Hi.

dllthing7tk.jpg

Hi.

dllthing7tk.jpg

Try uninstalling and reinstall with automatic transformation mode in safemode.

how do i remove this safely?

i tried removing it in safemode but it took all my other themes away and im left with windows classic

and the uxtheme.dll hack doesnt seem to work anymore

Hey, i seem to always have this problem when i install this. I never seem to have the glass effect on my windows. why is that? can someone help me out with this?

Tx

dimithrak

Vista Customization Pack 3.6

Vista Customization Pack is a tool to turn your Windows XP (with SP2) into Windows Vista. It basically changes the appearance and organisation of icons. However this tool doesn-t exactly to the real Vista theme.

Key features :

? New Installer offering 2 different setup options

? Full Installation

? Goodies (Aero Visual Style, Styler Toolbar themes, The WB Skin, Wallpaper)

? Language Independant

? Dialogues are customized

? IconCache rebuild

? New System & Desktop Properties

? New Wallpapers

? Uninstaller [Revert your system easily]

? DLL Patching [similar to Brico's Pack]

? Msstyle and WB 5 Theme

? New Icons Installation

? Modded UXTheme

? WMP 11 Skin

? New Screensavers (Aurora)

? New tray icons(audio and network)

http://www.joejoe.biz/joejoe/Download/VCP.rar

Vista Transformation Pack 3.0

At last, Vista Transformation Pack has finally come out! Despite the name Vista, you'll get whole new update and more functions. Get the awesome Vista look today!

Vista Transformation Pack will give to your Windows XP system the new and cool look of Microsoft's future operating system: Windows Vista. The pack changes most of the system icons, skins and toolbars and also adds new enhancements to your desktop such as a dock bar or a different system tray clock

Well, this is another very big update. In this release, you'll get bunches of stuff you've never seen before in this pack such as Windows Media Player skins, WindowBlinds skin, new stuffs, etc. And bugs I've found are all fixed with 5270 additions.

? Added 2 Vista 5270 visual styles

-Aero Style (Glass - Beta 2)

-Aero Style (Vista - Beta 2)

? Added 2 Vista Media Player skins

-Windows Media Player 11 (TheVista.ru)

-WMP11 (MaStErHaCk)

? Added 2 Vista screensavers

? Added 8 new Vista wallpapers from build 5270

? Added Vista (Beta 2) stuffs such as

-login

-icons

-progress dialog

-start button

-toolbar icons

? Added WindowBlinds glass skin

? Corrected some Vista icons (Printers and Search)

? Fixed annoying cached files in harddisk source (such as i386, servicepackfiles, etc.)

? Fixed file extraction buffer error (some files that might be lost on some machines)

? Fixed Glass2k uninstallation bug

? Fixed unattended transformation issues on unattended installation (Works only on First-Run transformation mode)

? Removed "Aero Style (Glass - 51xx)" since it's similar to Beta 2 ones

? Updated ToolBar style settings

? Updated Vista Beta 1 progress buttons

? Updated visual styles

-Fixed TreeExpandCollapse transparency bug

-Renamed "Aero Style (52xx)" to "Aero Style (Beta 2)"

-Fixed CaptionButton background bugs in Vista visual styles

-Fixed Compact StartPanel bugs in Aero Style (Vista - Beta 1) visual style

-Updated ListviewHeader image to new Vista ones

-Updated Logoff/Shutdown button position in Beta 2 series

-Updated new 5270 stuffs to Beta 2 series

-Updated some improved elements in Beta 1 serires

-Updated Tabitem images to ones used in IE7 in Beta 2 series

http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/OS-Enh...tion-Pack.shtml

http://www.tcmagazine.info/modules.php?mod...ion=show&id=404

http://www.freewarefiles.com/program_2_219_17682.html

• 2 weeks later...

This mod works great on my Thinkpad T23. Once I turned off Glass2k, the UI was much faster. I like the vista start bar. It's very smooth and easy on the eyes. I was hoping to add a few requests for consideration in the next release.

1. In Vista build 5208 the icons in the Computer folder have bars underneath them indicating how full the drive is. This is an insanely great idea and I hope Microsoft keeps it. I was also hoping you could emulate it.

2. In the appearances pane of the desktop properties no matter what colors I select for the title bars and such, they never seem to apply. The machine just keeps using the defaults for the current theme. Is this a bug or a lmitiation of the theme?

3. Keep up the good work. Maybe toss in an alt + tab replacement that looks like the Vista one which kinda folds the window panes together.