Windows 7 build 7106 (32bit) hits usenet

Just checking out the .nfo file and it says something about it being 'tweaked' for English?

Hard to tell if this one is 'good' or not ... only reason I say that is all previous leaks seem to have hit the torrent sites first with usenet playing catchup.

Has anyone spotted 7106 anywhere else (other than usenet) yet?

(reserving judgement on this one :) )

Ive seen it on nova, but it was Chinese and there was also a Russian version, and also for download is a English language pack floating around there too :)

Ive seen it on nova, but it was Chinese and there was also a Russian version, and also for download is a English language pack floating around there too :)

Yes... just spotted that the two language pack files are now with the rest of the rar set of this one.

Still reserving judgement on this one ;)

Just checking out the .nfo file and it says something about it being 'tweaked' for English?

Hard to tell if this one is 'good' or not ... only reason I say that is all previous leaks seem to have hit the torrent sites first with usenet playing catchup.

Can confirm that there are two language packs with this set... one for 32 bit and other for 64 bit versions of the build and the language pack is English : )

29 minutes left for download then will see what happens when I try it on my spare system ;)

There are two versions of build 7106 now on usenet (32bit version only at the moment). One it seems has been patched (think it's from the Russian version) for English. The other version available looks like is unpatched and guess you'd have to use the included language packs to make it run in English, rather than Chinese :)

7106 is just 7076 with a bumped up build number for the RTM branch. 7077 is actually newer + you dont have to mess with all the language packs.

7106 is just 7076 with a bumped up build number for the RTM branch. 7077 is actually newer + you dont have to mess with all the language packs.

Yes, I guess you could be right... I'll let you know after it finishes installing (as I type, it's about 9% iin : )

Funny thing is, the one I grabbed is supposed to be the patched version.... the early part of the setup when it asks for country/language etc, only offered Chinese (simplified) but did let me change to English keyboard etc.

The license screen looked Russian though! (wow).... so looks like this patched version might still need to have the language packs installed?

Fortunately, all the prompt screens now are in English (confusing or what! :rolleyes: )

I just read on another forum that we are speculating if this build is newer than 7077.

Knew it. Hardware compatibility issues exist in 7106 that did not exist in 7076

Just finished installing and it's getting the updates. Hard to tell until I can actually get to the control panel but it looks like all my stuff has installed/configured ok (I have a tv card by Hauppauge in my spare system ... that normally works fine once I've installed the latest Vista drivers for it).

I can only speak for my own setup of course, but all my stuff has installed fine and does not seem to have any problems, even the TV card by Hauppauge.

My system comprises ...

Asus m/b - NVIDIA nforce4 chipset

AMD dual core 4200 Mhz

ATI Radion HD 3600 series - PCi-express

4 gig ram

'On-board' soundcard (Realtek AC97)

200 gig Sata drive (Maxtor)

Hauppauge 'Nova-T' DVB-T PCI (TV card)

22 inch monitor, speakers, keyboard/mouse etc

Do you have a source for this or is this just your speculation?

Just doing the usual tweaks to this fresh install (getting lots of practice of late with all the leaked versions :) ) and from what I can tell, this one works fine... well it does on my system.

If the build 'string' is to be believed, it was compiled on the 8 April.

I thought the language settings were going to be a problem (although most of the screens were in English, some of the buttons were showing up in Chinese ;) ) at first but after a couple of re-boots and making sure that all the normal locale/language settings etc related to (in my case) the UK, it's all displaying fine now.

I normally use this computer with Media Centre (great for Freeview TV etc) so I'll see if the TV part of MediaCentre works ok but again, from what I've seen in the short time it's been running, it looks good to go :D

Good luck guys!

Do you have a source for this or is this just your speculation?

I think it's speculation, but... In 7106 there is the older style taskbar buttons, 7077 has new buttons... Hardware error in 7106, same hardware error fixed in 7077.

I think too, that 7106 is older than 7077.

I think it's speculation, but... In 7106 there is the older style taskbar buttons, 7077 has new buttons... Hardware error in 7106, same hardware error fixed in 7077.

Yes that information is correct, not speculation. 7106 is indeed older than 7077 from a code perspective. 7106 is 7076 with an incremented build number.

Well until I can get a build that is NOT translated, I am staying with 7077. I just can't get the DVD maker to work in it.

Well until I can get a build that is NOT translated, I am staying with 7077. I just can't get the DVD maker to work in it.

What you have right now is newer than 7106, so don't worry, wait for something newer all around (either a new winmain_win7rc build or a newer 71xx.winmain build).

Does it go like this then?

7076 > 7106 > 7077 > 7107?

From what I understood, 7076 is code frozen while 7106 incorporates code fixes for that build. Then 7077 is code frozen from that branch then 7107 has bug fixes for that build?

Sorry if I've gotten it wrong. :p

7106 is 7076 with an incremented build number.

Yeah right, go and tell that your granny :no:

7077 has been built on 4th of April: 7077.0.winmain_win7rc.090404-1255

7106 has been built four days later, on 8th of April: 6.1.7106.0.winmain.090408-1623 (same day as build 7080)

So that means 7106 is older? Suuuure... :rofl:

Please give hard evidence for your unfounded claims.

7106 has been built four days later, on 8th of April: 6.1.7106.0.winmain.090408-1623 (same day as build 7080)

"So recently, the team forked its build tree to accommodate separate RC (release candidate) and RTM (release to manufacturing) branches. The RC branch follows the existing 70xx build numbers, while the RTM branch has jumped to 71xx. These builds are kept in lockstep, so that build 7106, shown here, corresponds to RC build 7076."

http://www.winsupersite.com/win7/win7_7106.asp

The 7106 might be compiled at a later date than 7077, but the code is older.

"So recently, the team forked its build tree to accommodate separate RC (release candidate) and RTM (release to manufacturing) branches. The RC branch follows the existing 70xx build numbers, while the RTM branch has jumped to 71xx. These builds are kept in lockstep, so that build 7106, shown here, corresponds to RC build 7076."

That's my understanding as well.

This is just non-sense. The code is clearly dated forward and there is nothing to validate anybody's theory that 7106 is anything other than newer code then 7077. Please direct us to some REAL VERIFIABLE notices that can verify. All I've seen are posts from people that are clearly not informed and spreading this non-sense from others that are spreading this non-sense.

I'm going to have to side with the others stating that 7106 is in fact older code than 7077. To those who think otherwise obviously don't understand how the coding process works or 'upgraded' to 7106 from 7077 thinking its a newer build and don't want to face the facts.