Windows 7 build 7106 (32bit) hits usenet

So yet you say it's crap then you say "new UI is coming, and even then it'll only be small"....

Noithing else to do? What are you 12? :rolleyes:

Thank you for misquoting me and read back to what I just said. It's only a rumour, and even if a new "UI" was coming, there will most likely only be small changes. It's too late in the development process to do anything major like adding the ribbon etc from office to Windows (which people keep on going on about).

Microsoft need to do a lot of research and development when incorporating a new UI to everyone, why the hell do you think Vista took so long to get out of the door? Practically everything about the OS was new, and anything major was added pretty much early in the betas. And "RC" means feature complete, with RC escrows flying around looking for show stopping bugs practically means that MS in near the end.

Oh, and also, I'm not 12, I'm 21, I'm just sick of all the crap people keep posting.

Thank you for misquoting me and read back to what I just said. It's only a rumour, and even if a new "UI" was coming, there will most likely only be small changes. It's too late in the development process to do anything major like adding the ribbon etc from office to Windows (which people keep on going on about).

Microsoft need to do a lot of research and development when incorporating a new UI to everyone, why the hell do you think Vista took so long to get out of the door? Practically everything about the OS was new, and anything major was added pretty much early in the betas. And "RC" means feature complete, with RC escrows flying around looking for show stopping bugs practically means that MS in near the end.

Oh, and also, I'm not 12, I'm 21, I'm just sick of all the crap people keep posting.

Unless the information about Windows 7 comes directly from Microsoft you should take it all as rumors.

I'm so glad you?re connected to the Windows 7 development team to know what is really happening.

Also, it is never too late to add or enhance features. There is no set release date scheduled. There are rumors, however I've not heard of any date set in stone, especially from MS, and they are the only ones that matter.

I really can't see any big difference between the UI in Windows 7 and Vista? The task bar has changed. I am really hoping to see something that dazzles me with the final release, like a new UI. Microsoft really needs a jaw dropper. I?m hoping, and by some of the rumors that are out there, maybe they do have something. I'm hoping for a new UI.

Also, it is never too late to add or enhance features..

Technically that's not true. Features are finalized at the RC stage and that's the stage in development that Microsoft is at with Windows 7. That's why a lot of people refer to RC as "feature complete".

Unless the information about Windows 7 comes directly from Microsoft you should take it all as rumors.

I'm so glad you?re connected to the Windows 7 development team to know what is really happening.

Also, it is never too late to add or enhance features. There is no set release date scheduled. There are rumors, however I've not heard of any date set in stone, especially from MS, and they are the only ones that matter.

I really can't see any big difference between the UI in Windows 7 and Vista? The task bar has changed. I am really hoping to see something that dazzles me with the final release, like a new UI. Microsoft really needs a jaw dropper. I?m hoping, and by some of the rumors that are out there, maybe they do have something. I'm hoping for a new UI.

I really doubt it's going to happen, Brandon Live said this in the other topic:

Paul frequently has no idea what he's talking ab:(t :(

https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?show...#entry590871646

And he is a part of the development team, if it was going to be something "real", then I doubt he would post, at all.

How would you know? Have you seen the code at the Windows Main Build Labs?

Most certainly not. So, unless you can back up these unfounded claims with solid evidence, don't expect people to blindly believe you.

Rather than just arrogantly assuming I have all the answers, I actually pay attention to what people who are respected authorities on Windows say. Chris has contacts within Microsoft, he knows what he is talking about, and therefore I believe him. Respected members of the scene are my evidence. If you want to foolishly believe it is a new build because you seem to have trouble getting your head around the fact that a higher build number doesn't mean new code that is entirely up to you, but I intend to carry on listening to the experts and trusting what they say.

Technically that's not true. Features are finalized at the RC stage and that's the stage in development that Microsoft is at with Windows 7. That's why a lot of people refer to RC as "feature complete".

Technically...

I'm with you, Ba'al. Half of these people don't have a clue beyond what they read on some website. The simple fact of the matter is that when you tag a snapshot of your code to branch off and release, the branch doesn't magically become newer code than what's in your trunk, where your actual development continues. I think the people trying to say that winmain is just the same code recompiled over and over are the most clueless... in reality, all of the builds from the winrc branch (7076 through 7100 or wherever they stop) are the ones that are the same code.

In fact, I would even wager that most of the code in the winrc branches doesn't get rebuilt every day. Why do you think all of the winrc branch builds have almost the exact same time of day in the build string? Because the automated process runs at the same time every day and attaching a manifest with an updated build number to an exe or dll is instantaneous compared with recompiling every single individual object file, which clearly isn't happening because every build from the winrc branch is almost the exact same damn code.

Yes, the winrc builds do have pretty much the same time stamp (19:00), which wasn't the case at all with previous builds. Looks indeed like an automated process :yes:

6.1.7079.0.winmain_win7rc.090407-1902

6.1.7080.0.winmain_win7rc.090408-1900

6.1.7081.0.winmain_win7rc.090409-1900

6.1.7082.0.winmain_win7rc.090410-1901

6.1.7083.0.winmain_win7rc.090413-1900

6.1.7084.0.winmain_win7rc.090414-1900

6.1.7085.0.winmain_win7rc.090415-1900

6.1.7086.0.winmain_win7rc.090416-1900

The winmain builds still have varying time stamps, so this seems to be where the actual work is done now:

6.1.7105.0.winmain.090404-1235

6.1.7106.0.winmain.090408-1623

6.1.7107.0.winmain.090409-1840

6.1.7108.0.winmain.090410-1755

6.1.7109.0.winmain.090413-1552

6.1.7110.0.winmain.090414-1906

6.1.7111.0.winmain.090415-1900

6.1.7112.0.winmain.090416-1820

I'd like to hear the thought process behind the idea that winmain builds are somehow older than winrc builds, even though I suspect it won't make any sense whatsoever.

There's no thought process and no thinking involved at all, they're just blindly believing what some wannabe experts said.

Thus, it indeed doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

@Frank Fontaine

Have fun believing in your wannabe experts, but don't expect others to fall for them.

Where is your proof that 7106 is newer aside from what others have posted on this forum? Link to a source directly from Microsoft? Maybe other "wannabe experts" which believe that it is newer? :rolleyes:

Where is your proof that 7106 is newer aside from what others have posted on this forum? Link to a source directly from Microsoft? Maybe other "wannabe experts" which believe that it is newer? :rolleyes:

blah, blah, blah, blah, blah....

I think it's time cut this thread off....

+1, trying to reason with the ignorant is getting boring.

This is exactly my point, I'm so gald that some people can really see themselves for what they really are :rolleyes:

This is exactly my point, I'm so gald that some people can really see themselves for what they really are :rolleyes:

I am saddened to see your inability to see what you really are.

I am saddened to see your inability to see what you really are.

Here we go; another one! :rolleyes:

Why is it that when some (fill the blank in) fails to turn someone to their point of view that they are always called ignorant. They are like a 12 year old that doesn?t get their way they so they throw a tantrum and start calling names.

This is exactly my point, I'm so glad that some people can really see themselves for what they really are :rolleyes:

Good one :rofl:

But hey, let them build an altar to worship their "experts", if it makes them happy :laugh:

theres really no actual proof stating either that 7106 has older code than 7077, or vice versa.. i wonder if we'll ever find the real answer

theres really no actual proof stating either that 7106 has older code than 7077, or vice versa.. i wonder if we'll ever find the real answer

One guy stated on another post that he couldn't upgrade from 7106 to 7077 because windows stated that 7077 was an earlier build.

Surely if 7077 was a later build the upgrade would have been allowed.

One guy stated on another post that he couldn't upgrade from 7106 to 7077 because windows stated that 7077 was an earlier build.

Surely if 7077 was a later build the upgrade would have been allowed.

There seems to be a lot of confusion here, with some. Either way there is a NEW build coming very soon and we can finally move past this. Everyone wants to be running the very latest. As far as I'm concerned I running the latest version 7106. I'm no expert and don't claim to be, but there seems to be a LOT of users in this forum that are making claims to be and posting snippets from other sites that are claiming to KNOW and be experts. As far as I'm concerned Microsoft is the ONLY ones that really know for sure and they are the only experts that I trust.

Bottom line is; If it's running well for you and your happy with it then that is all that matters. Again, there is a new one coming just around the corner. Technet has yet to post and Dell has yet to recieve anything. I don't really know what that means, but the OEM people are first in line.

Can anyone who has downloaded this build tell me if the internet loss bug which has been present in 7022-7077 is fixed in this one? This particular bug defies troubleshooting, causes the computer to hang on restart requiring a hard shutdown, but resets on the next startup.

Can anyone who has downloaded this build tell me if the internet loss bug which has been present in 7022-7077 is fixed in this one? This particular bug defies troubleshooting, causes the computer to hang on restart requiring a hard shutdown, but resets on the next startup.

This is not happening in 7106. There is apparently some problems with routers and such when Windows 7 is used. Make SURE you have applied all the latest firmware for your devices, if applicable.