Windows 7 build 7106 (32bit) hits usenet

If 7106 is older than 7077

It's not older :no:

It was build four days later. It has the taskbar changes of 7077 removed again as seen in 7082, and The Bat! (Themida app) runs on it.

does that mean that the "new" RC build 7100 is even older than what we have in 7077 ??

7100 will be newer than 7077 as well, it's possibly the renamed build 7089, as 7088 is the last build listed in the winrc branch.

If 7106 is older than 7077, does that mean that the "new" RC build 7100 is even older than what we have in 7077 ??

What's the point of wanting RC if it's already older?

It's not older :no:

It was build four days later. It has the taskbar changes of 7077 removed again as seen in 7082, and The Bat! (Themida app) runs on it.

http://icrontic.com/articles/charting-windows-7-development

Let's quickly break it down so you can follow along:

Build 7075.winmain (April 1) = 7105.winmain (April 4)

Build 7076.winmain (April 2) = 7106.winmain (April 8)

Build 7077.winmain_win7rc (April 4) = 7107.winmain (April 9)

Once Microsoft has deployed release candidate build 70##.winmain_win7rc.whatever and duplicates that into 71##.winmain.whatever, all future development of Windows 7 will proceed with 71xx builds

Read link and judge for yourself. :rolleyes:

can anybody check for the SLIDESHOW button in windows image viewer .. if it matches the new PLAY button they did on Media Player... i think RC would have that fixed... If not i dont believe its the RC

All these leaked builds just have cosmetic changes and nothing much to talk about. I'll just ignore and stay with my 7000 build

You're joking, right??

http://know-it-all.com/articles/charting-w...s-7-development

Read link and judge for yourself. :rolleyes:

Already read it and judged that the guy is just as clueless as the others claiming that 7106 is older, as he's trying to pass off his assumptions as facts without giving good evidence :pinch:

It has already been proven that 7106 is newer than 7077, e.g. they already changed the taskbar back in 7106, which you also see now in 7100.

The only build that is newer than 7106 is 7100.

Already read it and judged that the guy is just as clueless as the others claiming that 7106 is older, as he's trying to pass off his assumptions as facts without giving good evidence :pinch:

It has already been proven that 7106 is newer than 7077, e.g. they already changed the taskbar back in 7106, which you also see now in 7100.

Take your own advice and prove that 7106 is newer than 7077 then. All I've seen you do is pass off your own opinion like it's a stone cold fact and bash anyone else's opinion/evidence that might differ.

Now I want to give you some of your arguments... How do you know that 7106 is older than 7100?

LOL

Prove it!

Taskbar changes alone is not a proof...

LOL

Take your own advice and prove that 7106 is newer than 7077 then. All I've seen you do is pass off your own opinion like it's a stone cold fact and bash anyone else's opinion/evidence that might differ.

It's right there in the build string, if you wouldn't have tomatoes on your eyes you could see it as well:

7077.0.090404-1255 -> built on 4 April

7106.0.090408-1623 -> built on 8 April

You have to be quite "confused" if you claim that the following happened on 8 April:

"Ok, today we'll build 7106. Any comments?"

"Let's take some old code, like from 5 days ago, and simply ignore any bugfixes we did in the meantime."

"Why? It's not April Fools Day anymore."

"I know, but I couldn't pull any good pranks on that day, so I need to compensate for that."

"Oh, ok... Why not have a little practial joke. Using the current code would be just boring, anyway."