Windows 7 RC/RTM Builds

Chris? Repository of Knowledge

HomeGuidesContact Me RSS FeedGeekSmack Forums ?Windows 7 RC/RTM Builds ? Clearing the Confusion

So I?ve actually been meaning to write this for a while because it?s been annoying the hell out of me. I have seen people saying that 7105 and 7106 of Windows 7 are RC builds and the RC will be > 7100. Well all I can say to those people is that you?re wrong, you fail, and you need to learn how the development process works inside Redmond before you go spouting about a build being an RC ESCROW or now.

There?s also the other camp (*cough* Thurrott *cough*) that seems to think that Microsoft is strictly working on RC and have not let winmain continue building towards RTM. Again, learn how the process works before you talk.

Ok so now I will attempt to explain all of this so you guys can walk away from reading this post knowing how it works in Sinofsky?s lair.....

Read here more..

Yeah, there was absolutely no point in installing 7106 when it was technically an older build. I'm waiting for the offical RC before I wipe off the beta version.

This is just my opinion but Chris is one of the biggest idiots there is. Why is his info any better then anything else out there? Just because he has a blog doesn't mean he is any more right or wrong then a dead beat that lives under the bridge next to the Microsoft campus. Everyone rips on Paul T. but thinks that Chris is the new god......why is that?

Just my opinion.....take it or leave it.

Well duh all that is pretty obvious which is why I didn't bother with 7106.

Laughs at all those that spent ages trying to figure out 7106.

+1

This is all I wanted to know. I had heard rumblings that 7077 was newer, but could find no straight answer.

Not sure why everyone always rips everyone. I think Paul T. actually said that 7077 is the newest one anyways.

Seems everyone is anxious to get a new build. Doubt I've seen this much momentum behind any OS. I could be wrong.

Edited by darkmanx21

This is just my opinion but Chris is one of the biggest idiots there is. Why is his info any better then anything else out there? Just because he has a blog doesn't mean he is any more right or wrong then a dead beat that lives under the bridge next to the Microsoft campus. Everyone rips on Paul T. but thinks that Chris is the new god......why is that?

i signed up just to answer this.

cause Chris works for microsoft afaik

It's because he knows what he's talking about. Paul said that 7106 were fake in WinWeekly when they weren't. You've got Neowin, JCXP, WinMatrix and others claiming that 7105 or 7106 is the RC build too. He posted on his blog that this is crap. It is crap so therefor he wins.

It's because he knows what he's talking about. Paul said that 7106 were fake in WinWeekly when they weren't. You've got Neowin, JCXP, WinMatrix and others claiming that 7105 or 7106 is the RC build too. He posted on his blog that this is crap. It is crap so therefor he wins.

He wins because he can guess that a build isn't an RC......give him a frakkin gold star. My god let's all bow down to him and place flowers at his feet.

He is nothing more than another internet blogger who try's to pass himself off as the holier then thou of Microsoft followers and 3/4 of the time he has no idea of what he says. Even Paul T gets it right more then he does.

Even people in the NGs laugh at him

We never claimed 7105 was the RC build although technically it could have been since 7105 = 7075 and 7106 = 7106 but yes :p

Welcome to Neowin...the sandpit of the angry tech kiddies.

Calm down dude.

Or the sandpit for every little blogger claiming they have the northern star of information when it comes to microsoft.

An Editor of ours did publish an article stating this, but I pulled it almost immediately (as it was blatantly wrong). The Editor who posted it was quickly made aware of his mistake and I did my best to clear up the confusion.

That being said, post-7105, I've personally been pretty well lost as to which builds are newer, as the compilation dates seem to mean nothing in terms of which builds have the most up to date codebase at this point. Both 7080 and 7106 were compiled on the same day, yet 7106 clearly has older code than 7077.

He wins because he can guess that a build isn't an RC......give him a frakkin gold star. My god let's all bow down to him and place flowers at his feet.

He is nothing more than another internet blogger who try's to pass himself off as the holier then thou of Microsoft followers and 3/4 of the time he has no idea of what he says. Even Paul T gets it right more then he does.

Even people in the NGs laugh at him

Why are you so ****y. A lot of people were claiming that 710+ was the RC. He said no. Along with a lot of other people. Jesus you bitch and moan too much for just a blogger's post.

well 7077 RCescrow shall be latest build based from 7107 on road to RC 7100 :)

Sounds about right.

Why are you so ****y. A lot of people were claiming that 710+ was the RC. He said no. Along with a lot of other people. Jesus you bitch and moan too much for just a blogger's post.

Does my calling him out as an ass bother you? Too damn bad.....it always makes me laugh come every version of windows as who says what and who has to be right. What makes laugh even more is when people like Chris look like complete asses in the end because they have actually no idea what they are saying but just post to get their 15 minutes of fame.

Longhorn/Vista was great when everyone swore that aero diamond was coming and guess what....it never did. So he can say whatever he wants about build numbers and features.....but it will be the egg on his face in the end....not mine.

Does my calling him out as an ass bother you? Too damn bad.....it always makes me laugh come every version of windows as who says what and who has to be right. What makes laugh even more is when people like Chris look like complete asses in the end because they have actually no idea what they are saying but just post to get their 15 minutes of fame.

Longhorn/Vista was great when everyone swore that aero diamond was coming and guess what....it never did. So he can say whatever he wants about build numbers and features.....but it will be the egg on his face in the end....not mine.

wat?

Can I ask what you're on about? Look if you don't like me that's fine, I could honestly care less what your opinion of me is. But I just want to reply to clear one thing up. My information is accurate, and I make sure said information is valid BEFORE I post, unlike some others who blog about Windows.

Anyway, case in point, there won't be any egg on my face, because I happen to know what I'm talking about, my sources are good and I merely post the information to clear up the confusion and do my part to contribute to the community. Don't like it? Then don't read it. But don't go making stupid claims that "egg will be on my face", because at the end of the day, when I am proven right, you're going to be the one sporting the egg on the face.

+1

Now while I wouldn't call him an idiot, his opinion is surely no bit better or more reliable than Paul T.'s.

+1

Now while I wouldn't call him an idiot, his opinion is surely no bit better or more reliable than Paul T.'s.

Alright maybe that was a bit over the top... :p

I have said my piece and I shall leave it at that. I don't blog about windows or Microsoft...as I have no sources :shiftyninja: and don't wish to claim so. I shall let others do that and in the end one side is right and the other side is wrong.

But it sure is fun to watch it unfold in the mean time.

Chris's information is usually accurate and Paul is accurate too. The case here is Paul claimed that winmain builds have stopped and Microsoft are focusing on RC which is partially true in a way, the RC builds have been branched but until the RC is declared the work and builds that are 710x are still 707x/708x builds replicated so yes winmain is just a shaddow of the RC builds at the moment so technically "no work is being done" but it's a bit more complicated than that.