The SP2 Thread - Reloaded

Anyone tried dragging and droping folders out of compressed folders using windows?! :no:

How do you remove that annoying popup in IE 6.05 now that says "This page has been restricted from running active content....."? I've gone in and screwed around with some of the security settings and I just can't find the trigger to get that annoying thing off.

Here a question for anyone who actually a tester....What does External and Duplicate mean on the bug tracking form *Always Wanted to Know What That Means* :blush:

Has anyone ever had the recycle bin ask if you would like to delete the windows folder? I have had this happen twice but I dont know how to reproduce it. All I know is that if you put stuff in the recycle bin, empty it by right clicking on the desktop icon...then it emptys like normal but the icon still says its full. So the I try to empty it again, but then it asks me if I would like to delete the folder 'Windows'. Of course I say no, and then the trash icon looks normal, like it is empty. I cannot reliably reproduce this though :( so i dont know whether I should file it.

Here a question for anyone who actually a tester....What does External and Duplicate mean on the bug tracking form *Always Wanted to Know What That Means* :blush:

Duplicate = Someone has already filed this very same bug.

External =

1. Mean that this buf is transfered to some other Microsoft internal bug database for some product group to fix it.

2. or It means that this bug is due to some other software not due to the operating system

General Stupid I think leaking this build is:

a. Against all the Microsoft NDA's

b. Maybe against the Neowin rules "No Warez (links) & Cracks: help, requests or posts that discuss circumvention. This includes linking to software, posting about it, and suggesting to get it."

c. May get us in trouble.

Lets try and keep it for offical testers please

Leebobs :D

Edited by configure

Let me make something clear:

1. Believe me when I say that Microsoft WILL do something about if they found out that you are leaking a PRIVATE beta software. Freeware or no freeware.

2. Just because something is freeware doesn't mean that you can leak it to everyone. The reason for this being that at this stage, SP2 is a PRIVATE beta and before you can officially get SP2 from Microsoft, you have to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement first. You will be legally breaking the law if you leak a private BETA software to the public.

Has anyone ever had the recycle bin ask if you would like to delete the windows folder? I have had this happen twice but I dont know how to reproduce it. All I know is that if you put stuff in the recycle bin, empty it by right clicking on the desktop icon...then it emptys like normal but the icon still says its full. So the I try to empty it again, but then it asks me if I would like to delete the folder 'Windows'. Of course I say no, and then the trash icon looks normal, like it is empty. I cannot reliably reproduce this though :( so i dont know whether I should file it.

i had that happen to me once, just reboot and it'll be gone

*removed* - Just because you decided that it's okay doesn't mean that we have to agree with you. I don't appreciate you purposely ignoring our request and expect to get off with a slap on the wrist, goodbye.

Edited by configure

Well you are posting the link on a forum where it is deemed illegal, and as such going against forum rules, I am sure a mod will deal with this appropriately ...

generalstupid

I and others at Neowin have worked hard at creating this thread to keep Neowin members informed as to the progress of SP2 and the details of what it is due to contain, etc.

The Neowin Mods, for this section of the site, have deemed that posting a leak to this build is likely to cause action against neowin.

If you persist in breaking the rules, you run the risk of having this thread locked, and wasting the work put in by myself and others in maintaining this thread.

Please Stop.

Leebobs :no:

PS, All Front page has been updated with the latest news on SP2.

Thanks Leebobs. I like the work that you do on this thread. It helps. I am a tester, and Although I have not had really any problems, its good to hear what other people are going through. Thanks again.

Has anyone have any trouble in regards to DVD's or anything? It seems that sometimes when I insert a DVD my computer will jsut lock for no reason and I can't pin it down to anything except SP@, should I file a big report?

Has anyone have any trouble in regards to DVD's or anything? It seems that sometimes when I insert a DVD my computer will jsut lock for no reason and I can't pin it down to anything except SP@, should I file a big report?

This DVD issue seems pretty serious,

just by the way you describe it,

you should file a bug report,

if MS receives many notifications of this same problem,

they will judge that it's related to their software.

And hence correct it

are you possibly using either AnyDVD or DVD Region/Idle at all? They both cause the problems mentioned :(

I have contacted the authors of these programs many times now with now joy :(

If you don't use any of these programs then a bug report to microsfot is a must, in fact send the bug report anyway (Y)

any news of Beta 3? beta after 2082? you think microsoft will release another beta?

I think the next build will be Release Candidate 1 or maybe a refresh then RC1