The SP2 Thread - Reloaded

Is anybody having any major problems with SP2 Build 2120 or is it Smooth Sailing - just curious - I downloaded it and I am trying to figure out if I should install it or wait for RC2. :whistle:

seems to work ok, but it didn't fully detect zone alarm as a firewall and the same with AVG as anti virus, you will know what I am on about when you see the new security centre. I have only used the os lightly so far but it seems to hold up with no instability. I noticed it was very very fast, I did a integrated install tho so I put the speed down to having a fresh windows install without a ton of hotfixes.

It figures. It looks like Microsoft is trying to push out the 3rd Party Manufactures of Firewall & Anti-Virus &

Pop-Up/Spam/ADware Blocker Software. That is OK - I think that stuff should be Integrated into Windows anyhow - it is more Convenient that way - So long Zone Alarm & other crappy Shareware - It was nice knowing you!!! :cry:

Can i ask something, the download link for SP2 on the microsoft website does that contain the latest (Mistake) Service Pack? :( I dont know much bout this an feel a bit silly i jus thought id ask. One more thing, ZoneAlarm isnt crappy its just the way you configure it :crazy:

Thanks but part of Microsofts Tech Net Site they are offering it on that. Im not allowed to post links on here to SP2 right. If you take a look at this, (not a direct link to SP2) a few pages on from this u will come to articles about SP2 now is this version listed the one that was accidently leaked i have 2029 at the moment, is that the latest release version?I dont think it is please get back. :)

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/

on one of my pc`s running XP Home and SP2 2096 when using extract all option for a zip file it seems to perform very fast but on my second pc with the SP2 2096 XP Home and using the extract all onj zip files it is very very slow.

Went bask to SP1 on the second PC and it works fine now.This is a very new PC with 1.5 gigs of ram so am very puzzled why this is happening.

Anyone hear of this during the beta of SP2 and care to share it with me?

TIA :)

talking about xp home addition dont wanna mess up notthin

Its cool ive got XP home too, im downloading SP2 now and i am going 2 see if its a newer version.

ok 2120 build fixed my problem with the extract all bug but...

with IE if you right click>properties>crash :cry:

:alien: Bug Reporting time

Then maybe you should stick with SP1 until the RTM of SP2 is released ;)

actually I enjoy beta testing and discovered that it teaches alot about a pc other wise would never have stumbled upon

did a google search and someone had already posted the bug so maybe in the next RELEASE it will have been addressed.

i have to say that 2126 is so much nicer then 2120 my computer isn't crashing like it was with 2120 and i did report the bugs to MS