The SP2 Thread - Reloaded

Can SP2 Lock out legit users of xp pro retail Academic.

Reason i ask is because i just brought it on friday

Nope, SP2 simply checks the Key against a list which are known to be fake. The same way as SP1 did. SP2 will work fine on your legally owned copy.

Leebobs

Well as of right now I use Zone Alarm - I have a Physical Router too of-course!!! I meant the crappy Shareware that I installed to Block Pop-ups and stuff since they are REALLY ANNOYING & IE 6 doesn't currently have a Pop-up Blocker Built in.

For all the folks out there that think that I Hate Microsoft, I need to correct you - I DO NOT Hate Microsoft. I just like to poke a little fun at them every now and again when I think they are heading in the wrong direction. Just a little honest criticism from a Customer - Thats all!!! I just get Frustrated and need to release some steam every now and then!

First I find out that by the time XP SP2 gets finalized and released it will be a TOTAL RECOMPILE of Windows XP (Hence it pretty much is a Brand New Operating System). Now I am reading that SP2 will update both HOME & PRO systems. That people are also noticing a Boost in thier System Performance - Well hats off to Microsoft - its proof that they are at least "Working it" - "Massaging the Code" and such! Like I said before - SP2 should be the best release of the "Client" version of Windows to date - No Doubt :D

Is there anyone that has got bluetooth filetransfer to work with mobilephones?

fooling around with SP2 RC1 and my SE T630

looks like I?l have to unistall sp2 and install widcomm software again for it to work...

well congrats m8, you're the reason MS has product activation  :no:

I don`t think by d/l a leaked beta is the reason for activation...don`t you think it may be from people who crack software or who use an OS illegally? huh M8 :whistle:

Found a link with the 2126 anyway

:no: Show off eh?

BTW, IBM Security Chip is still failing in the 2126. And, yes..MS has fixed their issues with OE inserting smilies

:no: Show off eh?

BTW, IBM Security Chip is still failing in the 2126. And, yes..MS has fixed their issues with OE inserting smilies

wow what sems to be up with someone finding a link using google?

no link posted no crack no key generators and as a matter of fact this 2126 build is rumored to have been leaked on purpose like all of the other non official leaks.

so really no show off here just using the google search or maybe that`s showing off!!! :no: :yes: :no: :yes: :woot:

Edited by jhobo4

wow what sems to be up with someone finding a link using google?

no link posted no crack no key generators and as a matter of fact this 2126 build is rumored to have been leaked on purpose like all of the other non official leaks.

so really no show off here just using the google search or maybe that`s showing off!!!    :no:  :yes:  :no:  :yes:  :woot:

no, show off as in "oh, I'm teh 1337 f0x0r who pirates betas" :no:

Edited by OSUKid7

So has anyone found anything wrong with 2126? I managed to find it via a torrent download :p . I agree with your view mr Os kid i think its because of all these pirate copy (nearly everyone has one) that activation was introduced and its good to see sp 2 cannot be installed without a legitimate key.

so you think it's good that they don't allow pirated keys? yet you're pirating (make that, downloading and installing illegally) the SP2 beta? yeah, a bit of irony there.

Is there anyone that has got bluetooth filetransfer to work with mobilephones?

fooling around with SP2 RC1 and my SE T630

Sorry mate, only just spotted this post. I have an SE T610 and installing the Bluetooth drivers for my dongle was a 'mare. Found New Hardware wizard was in a constant loop, installing multiple devices on com4. After the third attempt, I cancelled the install, deleted the 'extra devices' from Dev Man, rebooted, & to my surprise, when I plugged the dongle in it installed the drivers and worked first time. Apart from the install issue, I've had no problems, synching with Outlook works fine & files transfer as they should.

What problems are you having?

Sorry mate, only just spotted this post. I have an SE T610 and installing the Bluetooth drivers for my dongle was a 'mare. Found New Hardware wizard was in a constant loop, installing multiple devices on com4. After the third attempt, I cancelled the install, deleted the 'extra devices' from Dev Man, rebooted, & to my surprise, when I plugged the dongle in it installed the drivers and worked first time. Apart from the install issue, I've had no problems, synching with Outlook works fine & files transfer as they should.

What problems are you having?

How did you get your phone to sync with outlook?

Well here's something http://www.gamehouse.com/collapse/ <---- I just downloaded the trial & it worked fine in sp1 but when I upgraded to SP2 2026 it wouldnt work no error no nothing I even trired reinstalling yup still nothing.

-Romeo

p.s yes I tried Comp mode.

did you adjust your setting for pop ups?

How did you get your phone to sync with outlook?

The phone comes with software called XTNDConnect to allow the contacts, calendar, tasks, email and notes to be synched with Outlook

did you adjust your setting for pop ups?

How can pop ups make the difference of the program installing or not? he mist have already downloaded the setup program anyway! Maybe it just isnt compatible with SP2, you can try upgrading to SP2 2126 im not telling you where u can get it from i think your just best of sticking with SP1.

How can pop ups make the difference of the program installing or not? he mist have already downloaded the? setup program anyway! Maybe it just isnt compatible with SP2, you can try upgrading to SP2 2126 im not telling you where u can get it from i think your just best of sticking with SP1.

hey did you go to the site and try it? if you did before you posted you will see that you will receive a pop up thus my post about pop up settings

thank you :angry::

oh yeah my guess is it`s not the service pack buld that`s the problem here it`s the setting :rofl::

Edited by jhobo4

How can pop ups make the difference of the program installing or not? he mist have already downloaded the setup program anyway! Maybe it just isnt compatible with SP2, you can try upgrading to SP2 2126 im not telling you where u can get it from i think your just best of sticking with SP1.

I dont think you understand I've downloaded the trial it's downloaded & installed but when you try to run it you dont get anything no error no nothing. I want to buy the game for my sis *she plays it online* Now it works fine in sp1 but I upgraded to SP2 2126 & it doesnt work. I've reinstalled still no dice I've even run it in campabity mode *sorry for my spelling kinda in a rush*.

-Romeo