The SP2 Thread - Reloaded

using 2142 still doesn`t recognize NAV.

can anyone please confirm this?

AVG is recognized on alternate machine with XP SP2 2096

TIA

symantec has to update NAV and NPF to work with these features. last i heard ms and them were working together to get everything working by launch.

symantec has to update NAV and NPF to work with these features. last i heard ms and them were working together to get everything working by launch.

Any word if these updates will be a free upgrade to existing products, or just new to future versions (NAV 2005)?

Any word if these updates will be a free upgrade to existing products, or just new to future versions (NAV 2005)?

they'd almost have to make them free upgrades to existing products.... the ****storm they'd get for not support newer XP installs would be too great for them to handle...

Why doesn't Symantec just get started now? They should already have this functionality ready, so that they can use LiveUpdate to update the clients on SP2, when it comes out.

Why doesn't Symantec just get started now? They should already have this functionality ready, so that they can use LiveUpdate to update the clients on SP2, when it comes out.

because symantec is a lazy and greedy company that releases new software every year with nothing but stupid gui updates and maybe a minor feature or two. I've been using norton products for a while now, starting to get sick of antivirus updates going away after a year unless i want to pay to renew it... :angry:

I'm pretty sure that's what they ARE doing. Just like a bunch of other companies, i've read that they're working on it and hope to have the updates ready by RTW for SP2. I don't know if that's fact or not, but it seems like that's what pretty much every other company is aiming for - no reason for symantec not to be doing that as well.

I'm pretty sure that's what they ARE doing. Just like a bunch of other companies, i've read that they're working on it and hope to have the updates ready by RTW for SP2. I don't know if that's fact or not, but it seems like that's what pretty much every other company is aiming for - no reason for symantec not to be doing that as well.

yeah thats true and anyway face it its only a Beta not the final stage so i guess u just have to wait. That error with the security centre doesnt mean there is anything wrong with Norton anyway it still works right?

Norton, McAfee and Others which fail to link into the Security Center still work perfectly McGazza. They just lack the added "feature" of security center reporting.

I for one would like to see a adware/spyware/malware section for software like Spybot etc. Unfortunatly I think there is no chance. Unless of course, the media whips up a frenzy over how Windows XP is susceptable to this invasion of privacy.

Leebobs

Norton, McAfee and Others which fail to link into the Security Center still work perfectly McGazza. They just lack the added "feature" of security center reporting.

I for one would like to see a adware/spyware/malware section for software like Spybot etc. Unfortunatly I think there is no chance. Unless of course, the media whips up a frenzy over how Windows XP is susceptable to this invasion of privacy.

Leebobs

Norton, McAfee and Others which fail to link into the Security Center still work perfectly McGazza

Well yes thats what i said :)

i actually asked for that to be included in the security center (using the bug report, MBC) and the the issue's comments was

100-14760 DCR: SUGGESTION: For the Security Center - Include information or tools to prevent SPYWARE

Resolution: By Design 

Comments:The product team has seen your feedback. Thank You for testing.

im not optimistic but lets hope at least it will include spywareblaster! although i would understand if microsoft didnt include this.. there is still debate on the legality of "Adware" programs with the FTC not ruling anytime soon. I suggested this since i got tired cleaning systems with these parasites.. its getting more and more difficult to remove them completely. sometimes i would recommend a complete reformat since some machines are completely taken control of spyware and browser hijacks!

SP2 RC2 Is Here v2149 :D its in windows beta now. I know there are already posts on it but i think this is the main thread lol :)

Umm yeah nice one, im not sure that really matters regarding to RC2 apart from the fact that it downloads faster than the other lol. :) What do you think of it so far then peeps?

Edited by McGazza

Well so far McGazza mate, only thing I've got to say is everything works. Not hit a problem yet, not seen a bug. Anyone else?

Well so far McGazza mate, only thing I've got to say is everything works. Not hit a problem yet, not seen a bug. Anyone else?

Yeah me either chris but Norton Antivirus is still not being recognised for reasons mentioned earlier still, i hope it corrects that in the RTM version or in the final :D But my comp is a lot more stable and faster now :)

------------------------

Omar

Yeah me either chris but Norton Antivirus is still not being recognised for reasons mentioned earlier still, i hope it corrects that in the RTM version or in the final :D But my comp is a lot more stable and faster now :)

------------------------

Omar

NAV :unsure: You're running NAV :rolleyes:

j/k (although if I was being nasty I might say that not many would recognize it as an AV let alone SP2 :D )

You're someone else who's mentioned the stability thing (I've ssen it mentioned a lot) but having run RC1, then 2120, then 2142 and now this, none of them showed signs of instability for me, but this one does 'feel' faster than 2142 and surfings definitely smoother for some reason.

I'm about to slipstream this one instead of installing it afterwards. Shouldn't that give me even better stability?

Yeah thats true, its what i should have done but...oh well :unsure:

Yeah thats true, its what i should have done but...oh well :unsure:

I know, it's a lot of work, but I haven't slipstreamed since SP1 so I guess I should give it a try. And it's worth it since SP2 Final won't be here anytime soon.