The SP2 Thread - Reloaded

My you are on a role aint you :p lol

Now, now, steady on... lol

:D

btw, I notice you're from my neck of the woods, small world aint it?

@blueshirt

You mean the neowin multipatcher? That's for XP Gold & SP1/1a. If you need a patched uxtheme.dll for any of the SP2 builds check out the link I posted above ;) They aren't backwards compatible with XP Gold or SP1 though.

Now, now, steady on... lol

:D

btw, I notice you're from my neck of the woods, small world aint it?

@blueshirt

You mean the neowin multipatcher? That's for XP Gold & SP1/1a. If you need a patched uxtheme.dll for any of the SP2 builds check out the link I posted above ;) They aren't backwards compatible with XP Gold or SP1 though.

What is XP Gold? :happy:

can someone confirm whether tbe new SP2 RC2 has the antivirus detection working properly

Cheers

Dan

the answer is for some programs yes but not all are up and running :no:

can someone confirm whether tbe new SP2 RC2 has the antivirus detection working properly

Cheers

Dan

That depends on what AV you have. I can confirm it's working fine with AVG. There's still problems with NAV (just check some of the other posts in the beta forum) Haven't seen any reports with regard to other AV's though

lol, just seen your edit, so I guess I answered your question ;)

That depends on what AV you have. I can confirm it's working fine with AVG. There's still problems with NAV (just check some of the other posts in the beta forum) Haven't seen any reports with regard to other AV's though

lol, just seen your edit, so I guess I answered your question ;)

thanks for your help

OT: good luck with your new l'pool manager ;)

Honestly, I move house and can't get online for 3 hole days and the RC2 **** hits the fan... I am in the process of updating the main thread now... This could take a while... Late night for me

Leebobs :D

Don't want to sound a prat, but a folder appeared in my C: drive - "6f2f02f404cfa9933be8f7d4f5b216f0" - can I uninstall this, as it seems to be linked to SP2, or at least rename the bloody thing ? Should't it have been in the temp at least ? :unsure:

Further update on this - theres THREE of them. All large. :unsure:

Update - deleted them, rebooted, no problem. Still puzzled what they were and why they appeared in C: ?

Edited by Phil K

the answer is for some programs yes but not all are up and running :no:

It doesnt seem to "see" my F-Prot though. Any fix for that ?

Edited by Phil K

Phil K, before you installed RC2 were you using SP1?

I had reformatted and installed SP1 with all updates which included the 3 folders that have SP2 in them(different number id then mentioned) and now am curious if it is ok to delete them?

TIA :)

Phil K, before you installed RC2 were you using SP1?

I had reformatted and installed SP1 with all updates which included the 3 folders that have SP2 in them(different number id then mentioned) and now am curious if it is ok to delete them?

TIA :)

No dont delete them its where all the important updates go, look on the add/remove programs and if ur running sp1 ul notice it goes on about sp2 hotfixes, note the link ;)

I actually believe these folders only apply to SP1 and are ok to delete if you have decided to test RC2

If u are using SP2 then you do not require that folder as the hotfixes in there are applied to SP2 already :)

In SP2RC2 the firewall does not come up with ANY dialoog boxes of blocked apps :wacko:

It did work in SP2 RC1

I have a K8v Deluxe with an atlon AMD64

any one else seen this problem ??

Never say never ... SAY NOT YET. :rofl:

new bug in RC2, mcaffee home edition used to work now after I updated my virus definitions "virusscan synchronization service" crashes on both manual execute and boot up. (worked in RC1)

vsmain.exe refuses to run, so something changed after RC1 has broke mcaffee anti virus.

80MB?? I highly doubt it but who knows, if u were upgrading from SP1 to SP2 then that would not make any sense lol, oh well :s