The SP2 Thread - Reloaded

I don't think anyone can really say for sure when RTM will be out.. Microsoft seem to be so s**t at sticking to dates... that I think BMac is right in saying wait for 25th.. :no:

well on the 3rd i said "tommorrow i will have sp2"

on the 4th i said "tommorrow i will have sp2"

on the 5th i say "tommorrow i will have sp2"

i wonder how long i will be saying that!

well on the 3rd i said "tommorrow i will have sp2"

on the 4th i said "tommorrow i will have sp2"

on the 5th i say "tommorrow i will have sp2"

i wonder how long i will be saying that!

Like I said earlier start thinking "by the 25th I will have SP2."

Windows update just installed Windows Update Version 5.4.3790.2182 built by: srv03_rtm(ntvbl04) on my computer.

It's almost time people :D

Who cares what the release date is said to be anymore? It's simple marketing. Drum up the excitement for your product so as to attract attention. Then whenever it really is released, there will be sheep lined up to take it.

If history had some different events for Apple, which resulted in a more equal stature between the two companies, we'd certainly be farther along than we are now. MS really has no competition in this realm. Apple keeps up pretty well, but they don't have the influence. Competition breeds true innovation, and a lack of it breeds Microsofts, which milk the current situations for all they're worth before moving on to the Next Big Thing. Look at what competition did for our beloved processor markets, both x86 and 3D graphics.

Get a napkin and stop drooling over this service pack, because you know damn well that if it's already a year late, it may as well be two years in MS's opinion.

Windows update just installed Windows Update Version 5.4.3790.2182 built by: srv03_rtm(ntvbl04) on my computer.

It's almost time people :D

Uh, right. And how many updates have there been for WU v5 over the past couple of months? Oye.

just recieved a thank you email from windows beta for my work on xpsp2 and to verify my mailing address. i do believe final is very very soon... :D

Me too, I won't be holdin' my breath though :whistle:

I'm going formated now so I can get tomorrow :) I love to formated :woot: :laugh: I can get my system up and running in one hour hehe

Who cares what the release date is said to be anymore? It's simple marketing. Drum up the excitement for your product so as to attract attention. Then whenever it really is released, there will be sheep lined up to take it.

If history had some different events for Apple, which resulted in a more equal stature between the two companies, we'd certainly be farther along than we are now. MS really has no competition in this realm. Apple keeps up pretty well, but they don't have the influence. Competition breeds true innovation, and a lack of it breeds Microsofts, which milk the current situations for all they're worth before moving on to the Next Big Thing. Look at what competition did for our beloved processor markets, both x86 and 3D graphics.

Get a napkin and stop drooling over this service pack, because you know damn well that if it's already a year late, it may as well be two years in MS's opinion.

Why post in a thread that's explicitly called "The SP2 thread" if you're not interested? :rolleyes:

What makes me crazy about the final release of SP2

I am a system integrator and support provider. At present I have seven machines to be installed with a fresh Windows. I have been postponing this job for the last few days in the hope that I will get SP2 final soon, and will be able to hand over their machine with it.

Broadband connections are not dependable here in our country, they are so sluggish with private/shared ip. So, I depend on a single link dial-up. Because SP2 is coming, I arranged things for a multilink dial-up connection. I had to manage extra modems from my friends as well as extra phone lines from my neighbours+relatives just for this.

So, now you can see me waiting for:

1. Download SP2 and return the things I have arranged to download this.

2. Install the machines with SP2 slipstreamed Windows XP.

3. Hand over the machines to their owners.

4. Go to sleep.

5. Wake up next morning, and install my own machine with SP2.

What do you think you should do if you were in such situation?

@NetRyder

Why post in a thread that's explicitly called "The SP2 thread" if you're not interested?

He is not interested? I don't think so. In fact, he is fed up with all these things. :)

@NetRyder

He is not interested? I don't think so. In fact, he is fed up with all these things. :)

i think a lot of people are fed up waiting right now. :yes:

It's almost time people  :D

Me toooo!

I guess that's something else that got fixed.

The more that gets fixed the better.

Just carry on reporting bugs....

TheNC

RFE...I think what u need to do depends on when your work is due. If it is due really soon...then you gotta install SP1 and get it over with, then overwrite with SP2 in the future.

is this the final version?

Probably not... it's just that the final builds don't contain all the RC references, even though they aren't final.

from the inquirer

COLOMBIAN WEB site Evaluamos said Microsoft will release to manufacturing service pack two, Windows XP today. That's for the English version.

Downloads from the web are likely to start in the next fortnight, but the auto update systems will kick off earlier than that.

Evaluamos said that the size of the downloads will be between 180 and 250MB, depending on the updates.

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=17698