The SP2 Thread - Reloaded

-XP SP2 stalls at starting gate-

Yesterday saw a further minor delay in the release of Windows XP Service Pack 2, the most significant revision of the Windows code base since its launch in 2001. Microsoft originally said it planned to release Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2) to manufacturers on Wednesday. That didn't happen. Microsoft is now saying the release of SP2 is "imminent".

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/08/06/xp_sp2_imminent/

Final testing is complete and at 10:08am this morning we signed off on build 2180 as Windows XP Service Pack 2, releasing it to manufacturing.? The final build will be available to beta sites immediately at windowsbeta.com You will find both English and German versions there, Japanese will follow early next week.

Next week the service pack will be available on the Microsoft Download Center for general download.? In the interim we're making the update available to you via the beta web site.

well its done

will sort out a torrent as soon as i figure out how

or if you have a ftp with fast speeds pm me

i thought i would have enough bandwidth but i wont have enough for the rest of the month

Another quote from Paul Donnelly[MS]

You may not redistribute it, ie post it for download on a web site.  There

is no reason you can't take it to your parents house and install it, your

neighbors etc.

Paul

Shame really, considering they want everyone to have it....

Anyone got high-speed connection? Please check it if you are interested, and let me (and everyone reading this) know if it is really the highly expected RTM.

Unofficial Download of XPSP2 RTM 2180

<< removed >>

I suggest low-speed surfers not to start downloading this because it not yet confirmed by MicroShift.

Edited by gameguy

You want build 2180? Which is said to be signed off this morning?

Then get this:

<< removed >>

that isnt it is it?, everyone is saying the file is 266.1mb's, that one is 272 :huh: