The SP2 Thread - Reloaded

when i try to instal sp2 an error box displays something like "can't verify update.inf integrity. verify if Cryptographic Services is running"... yes, the service is running, but it still does not work :(

help :)

any sucess using weatherbug and admuncher on sp2 yet?? so far those are all that broke on me when I installed it.

I have weatherbug working fine here. I'm on a clean install of XP Pro SP2 though.

I have weatherbug working fine here. I'm on a clean install of XP Pro SP2 though.

re installed WB and it works now but admuncher is still broken, so I emailed the author of it, to see if he would lke my help testing new releases on sp2 so when it hits he can release an update and all can be happy

if you have the express install (where it downloads all of it) do you need to get a new copy each time a new version of the beta comes out, or will the one just grab the updated files?

if you have the express install (where it downloads all of it) do you need to get a new copy each time a new version of the beta comes out, or will the one just grab the updated files?

nope... you have to uninstall the SP and get a new version.

nope... you have to uninstall the SP and get a new version.

well, I did a clean install...so couldn't I just install the express upgrade? Don't tell me I have to do another clean install :(

any sucess using weatherbug and admuncher on sp2 yet?? so far those are all that broke on me when I installed it.

admuncher works fine, try downloading the newest version prehaps?

I'm getting some issues, I can't seem to download any of the Windows Update patches... Anyone else had this :blink:

did u use that gamexp crap to tweak windows?

if so restore it to default settings via the app and all should be well.

I wasn't using Game XP but I have disabled a load of Services I don't normally use... I will turn them all back on and try again. Thanks

I'm getting some issues, I can't seem to download any of the Windows Update patches... Anyone else had this :blink:

make sure Background Intelligent Transfer Service is turned on, its required for the new windows update

Got SP2?? Enable concurrent sessions: Neowin Shows you how https://www.neowin.net/comments.php?id=16494&category=main

To bad nobody gave ME the credits! After all, I was the first to find out! https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=126109&st=0& This article is from december 24th 2003. Read it anyway, because there are some nice tips in this article.

Greetz!

Heathcliff

By the way, for people having ActiveX problems:

Set the following registry settings:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURE_LOCALMACHINE_LOCKDOWN\explorer.exe = 0

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURE_LOCALMACHINE_LOCKDOWN\iexplore.exe = 0

Restart Internet Explorer

For people who are having networking problems when using filesharing-clients:

Completely disable the service for Internet Connection Firewall / Internet Connection Sharing Service. Because even when the Internet Connection Firewall in Windows XP SP2 is disabled, the service is still enabled and blocking incoming en outgoing connections and udp broadcasts. You have to reboot your machine for the changes to have effect. Use a third party firewall instead.

Greetz,

Heathcliff

@freakyfriday, are deaf man? Or just naturally rude? I asked how you enable the background intelligent transfer service to get WU 5.0 working again? I asked if it was enabled through the registry... Comprehendes?

GJ

I asked how you enable the background intelligent transfer service to get WU 5.0 working again? I asked if it was enabled through the registry... Comprehendes?

GJ

Start > Control Pannel > Administrative Tools > Services - Look down list its in there.Leebobs

To raid517:

If you now this little about the working of the OS, I don't think messing with beta soft is a good idea.

Just an opinion.

On topic:

It seems I can no longer avoid MS trying to send error messages.

I check the option "don't send", I tried it with several tweaking programs, ... no luck.

Anyone with the same problem?