The SP2 Thread - Reloaded

Is anyone getting horrid screeching noises from WMP9 (SP2 build)? It seems to happen intermittently for me, and could well be to do with my WMP being minimized to the MSN dashboard. It's HORRID I tell you!

I've just downloaded and re-installed it to see if that fixes it.

Is anyone getting horrid screeching noises from WMP9 (SP2 build)? It seems to happen intermittently for me, and could well be to do with my WMP being minimized to the MSN dashboard. It's HORRID I tell you!

I've just downloaded and re-installed it to see if that fixes it.

You been downloading files from Kazaa again? :) The RIAA are releasing files which SCREACH when played (Otherwise known as dummy files) to stop people using Illegal file sharing networks.

Leebobs :D

thx the uninstall of sp2 it get me going down down down and now my hard disk is dead i don't know if xpSP2 is the real source of the prob but started cuz of this....

uninstalled sp2 beta1 to install rc1 on it...started giving me lots of errors rpc etc etc..so uninstallled all sp2 still the same thing...so i said k lets do a xp repair....still the same sh*** but hard disk was still working put it on my desk securely waiting less than a week so i can go buy new one for backup..plugged it yesterday...unreadable giving me : a read error as occured please restart hooked up on another comp...i get nothing but a 0K disk with RAW paritions.... 8 years of datas in the wild all my stuff out, tried using hard disk manufacturer tool to check for hardware prob, it says all is OK..so i assume its partition table problem or something of that kind, dunno. tried all recovering applications with no luck, now looking for a recovering datas center but will cost me sooo much $$$ :(

i cant blame betas, thats the first ever time i get a problem, and i find strange that sp2 could damage that much anyway

but heh if someone in here could help me its more than welcome as of know im literaly down like gonna shot myself without any data :(

-BuG

thx the uninstall of sp2 it get me going down down down and now my hard disk is dead i don't know if xpSP2 is the real source of the prob but started cuz of this....

uninstalled sp2 beta1 to install rc1 on it...started giving me lots of errors rpc etc etc..so uninstallled all sp2 still the same thing...so i said k lets do a xp repair....still the same sh*** but hard disk was still working put it on my desk securely waiting less than a week so i can go buy new one for backup..plugged it yesterday...unreadable giving me : a read error as occured please restart hooked up on another comp...i get nothing but a 0K disk with RAW paritions.... 8 years of datas in the wild all my stuff out, tried using hard disk manufacturer tool to check for hardware prob, it says all is OK..so i assume its partition table problem or something of that kind, dunno. tried all recovering applications with no luck, now looking for a recovering datas center but will cost me sooo much $$$ :(

i cant blame betas, thats the first ever time i get a problem, and i find strange that sp2 could damage that much anyway

but heh if someone in here could help me its more than welcome as of know im literaly down like gonna shot myself without any data :(

-BuG

This technical preview is unsupported and is intended for testing purposes only. Do not use in production environments.

Hi,

I'm a beta tester for Windows XP sp2, and today I got my Windows XP Sp2 RC1 cd, but it was broken, what can I do?? I don't know, cause it was free...

Hi,

I'm a beta tester for Windows XP sp2, and today I got my Windows XP Sp2 RC1 cd, but it was broken, what can I do?? I don't know, cause it was free...

Maybe you can have a look HERE :)

Just to update you guys on SP2 status:

Apparently they're at 2103 internally and the builds are going into "RC2 release stage" whether that means there will be an official release candidate 2 remains to be seen but they might release it as "XP SP2 RC1 refresh" or something similar. Who knows. Just thought you'd like to know :)

Just to update you guys on SP2 status:

Apparently they're at 2103 internally and the builds are going into "RC2 release stage" whether that means there will be an official release candidate 2 remains to be seen but they might release it as "XP SP2 RC1 refresh" or something similar. Who knows. Just thought you'd like to know :)

Thanks for the update, Cream! I'm lovin' SP2. :)

you can get Windows XP Service Pack 2 RC1 from here

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechn...n/sp2predl.mspx

or

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechn...sp2preview.mspx

Guide for Installing and Deploying the Beta Version of Service Pack 2 for Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition and Windows XP Professional (SPDeploy)

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechn...y/spdeploy.mspx

The Beta Version of the Guide for Installing and Deploying Updates for Microsoft? Windows? XP Home Edition and Windows XP Professional (HFDeploy)

(Formerly Known As Hotfix Deployment and Installation Guide)

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechn...y/hfdeploy.mspx

I want to know how to make slipstream for Service Pack 2

I AM HAVING A PROBLEM

my windows installer doesn't work on xp sp2 rc1, its a clean install from xp with sp1 slipstreamed on a new partition

Please help

has anyone gotten the Data Execution Prevention(DEP) enabled yet with SP2?

On both of my pcs the option to enable is grayed out and the reason stated at the bottom of the dialog box is as follows "Due to hardware design,your computers processor does not support DEP software".

Anyone else seeing the samething here or is it another feature not enabled yet like the feature to recognize the anti virus software?

Thank You in advance for your replies :p

On both of my pcs the option to enable is grayed out and the reason stated at the bottom of the dialog box is as follows "Due to hardware design,your computers processor does not support DEP software".

Make sure you have a AMD64 cpu for that to work it will be greyed out if you don't have one.

Anyone else seeing the samething here or is it another feature not enabled yet like the feature to recognize the anti virus software?

Thank You in advance for your replies :p

You need a processor that supports it to enable it. :yes:

you got me wrong, the reason I use for large word, it is for attract some attention. that's all buddy.

Use colors instead/bold/itallic...

I can't imagine if everyone tries to catch some attention like you do maybe I have to scroll down 10 minutes before actually reach the end of the thread...

Good day

not sure if some one asked this question allready

but is it possible to uinstall secuiry center in SP2?

i got norton internet security, and i just don't want that security center from MS