The SP2 Thread - Reloaded

I made the mistake of doing a clean install of 2055 when I built this computer...not realizing I couldn't upgrade. So I'm still on 2055 until I have the time/will to reformat. Fun fun. :/

is the ICF supposed to allow firefox to go on the internet without me doing anything? it did, and i was wondering why it didnt aks the way zonealarm does. thanks.

The Windows Firewall doesn't have outbound protection (stupid in my opinion considering this SP is supposed to deal with security and this feature would help stop trojans). :blink:

The Windows Firewall doesn't have outbound protection (stupid in my opinion considering this SP is supposed to deal with security and this feature would help stop trojans).  :blink:

And he makes fun of me for not knowing stuff :shifty:

post-11-1082013377.gif

When is SP2 Final meant to be released and is there another beta coming out and will the public get access to it.

RC2 is due out 1st part of May. RTM is due out 23 June 04.

If You want to be protected from the April Security Bulletins you must be using at least RC1 of Service Pack 2.

And he makes fun of me for not knowing stuff :shifty:

Nice screenshot that shows that the firewall is blocking the program from RECEIVING INFORMATION FROM THE INTERNET. That's inbound protection, genius.

ciaran

From http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...&DisplayLang=en

Outbound connections

Description

For typical consumer and office computers, the computer is a client on the network. Software on the computer connects out to a server (an outbound connection) and gets responses back from the server. Windows Firewall allows all outbound connections, but applies rules to the types of communication that are allowed back into the computer. For more information about what network traffic Windows Firewall allows as part of Transmission Control Protocol (TCP) and User Data Protocol (UDP) outbound connections, see Notes, below.

Since not a lot of info has come out since RC1 debuted. RC2 is due in early May. I think they'll release it just after or during WinHec but it all depends on the quality build. They're on 5.1.2600.2112 at the moment and they usually compile daily so you could start trying to guess what kind of build # we'll be looking at if you're really bored :p

not sure if some one asked this question already (i asked before, but no one answered)

but is it possible to uninstall security center in SP2?

i got norton internet security, and i just don't want that security center from MS

not sure if some one asked this question already (i asked before, but no one answered)

but is it possible to uninstall security center in SP2?

i got norton internet security, and i just don't want that security center from MS

You can disable the Windows Firewall or other parts of the security center, but not the entire thing.

How can I remove the archived files? They don't show up in my Add/Remove :(. Thanks in advance! :)

You can't...think about that - it's a beta release. It will expire. At some time before that you're gonna have to either reformat your system or uninstall the beta SP2. You can't do that if you don't keep the backed up files.

I was wondering if anyone else is having this problem? - every time that I try open a .wmv file, my browser seems to try to open it directly in the browser, resulting in a long browser page of code? does anyone know how to resolve this?

thanks

Windows Firewall allows all outbound connections

Kind of pointless to have the firewall asking if you want to allow the application or not, seeing as it goes through anyway. :blink:

Hello people.

I'm just wondring if any one is have the same thing happen?

My Internet Explorer media bar is gone and also When I click on movie links they do not open right. :( mpegs do but wma files don't :(

This started after SP2 anyone?

hey,

if you find a solution on this, can you please let me know?