The SP2 Thread - Reloaded

:D Unbelieveble.(problaby spelled wrong) *i drunk*

well...anyway, This update is like windows 95 with NT. Fast and reliable. I like it. No bitching here. Microsoft got it better than linux. ( I should know. I have red hat and Susie.) this is so F*ckin fast and reliable you would think I work for Microsuck. I don't and I am verrrrry happy with this one....I think...ney......Maybe...ney....Drink..drink...

Thank microsoft that they did this right. I am not going to update this to the RTM.

F*ck the H4ters. This one is good...so is Jim Beam N coke.

Nite all.

The Grasshopper

*note

I COULD stay up as long as the talk is interesting!

P.S.

RENFREW is'nt allowed to talk about this.

he's just trying to add post's.

peace.

JOHN

the grasshopper

http://wwww.grasshoppershut.com

post-83-1087721344.jpg

:D Unbelieveble.(problaby spelled wrong) *i drunk*

well...anyway, This update is like windows 95 with NT. Fast and reliable. I like it. No bitching here. Microsoft got it better than linux. ( I should know. I have red hat and Susie.) this is so F*ckin fast and reliable you would think I work for Microsuck. I don't and I am verrrrry happy with this one....I think...ney......Maybe...ney....Drink..drink...

Thank microsoft that they did this right. I am not going to update this to the RTM.

F*ck the H4ters. This one is good...so is Jim Beam N coke.

Nite all.

The Grasshopper

*note

I COULD stay up as long as the talk is interesting!

P.S.

RENFREW is'nt allowed to talk about this.

he's just trying to add post's.

peace.

JOHN

the grasshopper

http://wwww.grasshoppershut.com

Intel? Pentium? 4 Processor with HT Technology at 2.60GHz

Core Frequency

 2.60GHz

System Bus

 800MHz

Caches

 8K Level 1 data cache

 Level 1 Execution Trace Cache

 Stores 12K micro-ops

 Removes decoder latency from main execution loops

 512K Advanced Transfer Cache on .13 Micron Process

 Full speed, on-die Level 2 cache

 8-way associativity - provides improved cache hit rate on load/store operations

 Error Correcting Code (ECC)

Features

 Hyper-Threading Technology

 478-pin Package

 Binary compatible with applications running on previous members of the Intel microprocessor line

 Intel NetBurst micro-architecture

 Rapid Execution Engine - Arithmetic Logic Units (ALUs) run at twice the processor core frequency

 Hyper Pipelined Technology

 Advanced Dynamic Execution

 Very deep out-of-order execution

 Enhanced branch prediction

 144 Streaming SIMD Extensions 2 (SSE2) instructions

 Enhanced floating point and multimedia unit for enhanced video, audio, encryption and 3D performance

 Power Management capabilities

 System Management mode

 Multiple low-power states

 Optimized for 32-bit applications running on advanced 32-bit operating systems

PowerSpec? 8922

Processor

OS

Microsoft? Windows? XP Home Edition

System Board

Biostar P4TSV

System Memory

512MB composed of 2- 256MB DDR400 SDRAM 184-pin DIMMs

Diskette Drive

3.5" 1.44MB Floppy Disk Drive

Hard Drive

120GB 7200RPM Ultra ATA/100

CD-RW Drive

LiteOn 52x32x52x CD-RW Drive

DVD-ROM Drive

16x DVD-ROM Drive

Video

Integrated Intel Extreme Graphics 2 Chipset

Sound

Integrated 6-Channel AC'97 Audio CODEC

Modem

56K V.92 PCI Internal Modem

LAN

Integrated 10/100 Ethernet Adapter

Core Frequency

 2.60GHz

System Bus

 800MHz

Caches

 8K Level 1 data cache

 Level 1 Execution Trace Cache

 Stores 12K micro-ops

 Removes decoder latency from main execution loops

 512K Advanced Transfer Cache on .13 Micron Process

 Full speed, on-die Level 2 cache

 8-way associativity - provides improved cache hit rate on load/store operations

 Error Correcting Code (ECC)

Features

 Hyper-Threading Technology

 478-pin Package

 Binary compatible with applications running on previous members of the Intel microprocessor line

 Intel NetBurst micro-architecture

 Rapid Execution Engine - Arithmetic Logic Units (ALUs) run at twice the processor core frequency

 Hyper Pipelined Technology

 Advanced Dynamic Execution

 Very deep out-of-order execution

 Enhanced branch prediction

 144 Streaming SIMD Extensions 2 (SSE2) instructions

 Enhanced floating point and multimedia unit for enhanced video, audio, encryption and 3D performance

 Power Management capabilities

 System Management mode

 Multiple low-power states

 Optimized for 32-bit applications running on advanced 32-bit operating systems

PowerSpec? 8922

Processor

OS

Microsoft? Windows? XP Home Edition

System Board

Biostar P4TSV

System Memory

512MB composed of 2- 256MB DDR400 SDRAM 184-pin DIMMs

Diskette Drive

3.5" 1.44MB Floppy Disk Drive

Hard Drive

120GB 7200RPM Ultra ATA/100

CD-RW Drive

LiteOn 52x32x52x CD-RW Drive

DVD-ROM Drive

16x DVD-ROM Drive

Video

Integrated Intel Extreme Graphics 2 Chipset

Sound

Integrated 6-Channel AC'97 Audio CODEC

Modem

56K V.92 PCI Internal Modem

LAN

Integrated 10/100 Ethernet Adapter

WHAT?? what relavence does what you say have to anything??? A Moderator should take your posts off as u were 'drunk:crazy::crazy: Leebobs lol hows the article going, i hope its goin:Dwell :D

Hi, does anybody know if i can install SP2 on windows with dutch language?? and if its possible.. how?

Or is there a way to change language of windows to english without reinstalling everything???

WHAT?? what relavence does what you say have to anything??? A Moderator should take your posts off as u were 'drunk'?:crazy:: Leebobs lol hows the article going, i hope its going well:DD

:DD Its getting there mate. Wow... There is a lot of stuff on the Internet about SP2... Most of which is rubbish I may add.

I have cleaned off a lot of the Rubbish about old builds from the front page, I have also added a few more external resources which review SP2 RC2.

Paul Thurrott - Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2) FAQ (Updated for RC2)

Paul Thurrott - Windows XP SP2 with Advanced Security Technologies Review

Thanks for everyone's help in writing it.

Leebobs:DD

Edited by leebobs

I have just recently downloaded the SP2 RC2. Everything is running fine, except when I try to download from the Internet..ie WinCustomize. The new Download manager takes over, then Crashes IE. How can I remove the new manager to where I only use my WinZip 9.0

no!

unistall first the previous version!

You should uninstall your previous version but u can install over it, i installed over 2145.

Hmm I've got a question.. Probably already been asked but lets be fair I can't be doing with reading 59 pages of this topic lol.. Anyways what exactly does SP2 include? Just so I don't try installing something that I shouldn't.. I.e. directx, wmp10, .net framework etc.. Any of them included?

I have just recently downloaded the SP2 RC2. Everything is running fine, except when I try to download from the Internet..ie WinCustomize. The new Download manager takes over, then Crashes IE. How can I remove the new manager to where I only use my WinZip 9.0

What do u mean by that? 'New manager' ??

Hmm I've got a question.. Probably already been asked but lets be fair I can't be doing with reading 59 pages of this topic lol.. Anyways what exactly does SP2 include? Just so I don't try installing something that I shouldn't.. I.e. directx, wmp10, .net framework etc.. Any of them included?

You don't have to read the whole thread, just the first post

seems mcafee virus pro 7.03 is ok but home v7 isn't, as it worked in RC1 could a beta tester report this or is there a public way to report?

This issue is known by microsoft already, do you mean the software doesnt work at all? If you mean in terms with the security centre it will be fixed in the final, mind u im sure this would be fixed too.

To report an issue do the following:

1) Go here http://windowsbeta.microsoft.com

2) Sign in using your .NET Passport

3) Click on Issue Reporting>Submit an Issue

4) Then you will see this link http://windowsbeta.microsoft.com/IssueRepo...ReportForm.aspx.

5) You can submit a form via that or download the MBC Microsoft Beta Client to submit issues to microsoft to report issues as soon as u find them:)

thanks I wll do so.

Yes home v7 fails to run once the virus defenitions are updated it just crashes, even on a reboot it will just crash right at startup, so its impossible to do any scanning. The app worked in RC1.

Pro seems ok however, but I don't know if this is because it is pro or it is a higher sub version.

I have a question, I have symantec antivirus corp 8.1 and it says it could not get information about my virus protection, will this be fixed?

Yes it will in the final :D It also depends on Symantec to update NAV and SAV Corp to work with the security centre :)

filedownloadimage.jpg

I'm sorry for not being clearer...Here is a pic of the download manager I receive when trying to download from a website.

Usually I would get WinZip after hitting a download link. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling of WinZip to no avail to get rid of (SP2 File download).

...After selecting OPEN it closes itself out without downloading.

...SAVE shuts down IE 6.0 all together.

there is a way to make it auto open the file's again, but I cant remember how off hand, did you try clicking the how to decide what app to use button?

http://www.knology.net/~perry131/images/fi...wnloadimage.jpg

I'm sorry for not being clearer...Here is a pic of the download manager I receive when trying to download from a website.

Usually I would get WinZip after hitting a download link. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling of WinZip to no avail to get rid of (SP2 File download).

...After selecting OPEN it closes itself out without downloading.

...SAVE shuts down IE 6.0 all together.

What?? you can never get rid of the file manager :s click save and download it to where u want, then open it via WinZip :s Btw where did u get the skin it rocks lol.

well I have winzip and even in SP1 it has never automatically opened a zip file I have clicked on a webpage, so I am sure there is something you need to set to make it do so.