The SP2 Thread - Reloaded

Just a note - ZoneAlarm 5.0 with Antivirus is not recognized as an Antivirus with SP2 RC2, and it cannot determine the status of the firewall. Just got RC2 and it's pretty cool.

As I said before, when clicking on Save or Open, IE shuts completely down. Before I had WinZip Pro, I use to use the Windows, but some how lost it...Now with SP2 it has come back and is unstable.

I have found several situations elsewhere on the Internet, with no reply on how to fix the problem.

....Ohhh well, hopefully the error reports sent, will bring an Update.

BTW...The Skin I am using is Xanth by essorant found Here

Can i ask you guys a question ?

About SP2, i've read all about the pirated keys and all that ....

How does Microsoft find a pirate keys ? Is it true that all "640" keys work ? ( The 3 digits after the first 5 )

or are they finding the pirates in another way ?

Not all 640 keys work. If you change your PID somwhere to 640 and reverse it to make it key it won't accept it. And then there are some key gens that produce valid 640 keys. In either case my guess is that Microsoft just checks every so often in and around for key gens and blacklist them. Or maybe some how through Windows Update they check your key :whistle:.

but then what if you have a corporate xp with a LEGIT cdkey from your original? :p

Well then if you got a legit corp/vlk key then you're good to go. But remember XP Home & Professional keys can not be used on a VL Edition/Corp and vice versa. ;) And the Windowsbeta site is up for me :p

Well then if you got a legit corp/vlk key then you're good to go. But remember XP Home & Professional keys can not be used on a VL Edition/Corp and vice versa. ;) And the Windowsbeta site is up for me :p

What do u mean by VL

Hi people!!! :)

I have installed sp2 rc(2149), and it was all going OK, doind updates by the windowsupdate V5, but today when i try to do it again it said: "Cannot validate the product key".

Will it be learning, with time????

because i didn't do any changes to my pc!

also did change the key a lot of times, and still can't do it.

Does it hapen to any body else?

By!! "sory my english" :wacko:

Edited by cabum

Hi people!!! :)

I have installed sp2 rc(2149), and it was all going OK, doind updates by the windowsupdate V5, but today when i try to do it again it said: "Cannot validate the product key".

Will it be learning, with time????

because i didn't do any changes to my pc!

also did change the key a lot of times, and still can't do it.

Does it hapen to any body else?

By!! "sory my english" :wacko:

I'm guessing, that you are using an illegal windows XP Key.

If thats so, then go buy a copy. They won't be learning keys, but if you have an illegal one... You won't be allowed to update.

I think it will be a part of the "Reloaded" campaign.

Quote from Paul Thurrott's WMP10 review

WMP 10 sits at the core of Microsoft's upcoming "Windows XP Reloaded" marketing campaign, which will try to reignite consumer excitement in Windows XP this fall by touting a number of consumer-oriented improvements to the base Windows platform. Other components of XP Reloaded, like Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 ("Symphony"), the Media Center Extenders, and Portable Media Centers, will build on, and require, WMP 10. So this product needs to include certain new features in order to support those other products.

Perfect thing to bring more attention to Windows XP if you ask me... just a guess though.

Edited by GwaRGuITaR

I don't know, but I would like to see Royale in different colors.

Maybe a "yellowish" version and call it "Royale with cheese".

Maybe a "yellowish" version and call it "Royale with cheese".

ROFL!!!

When I try and install SP2 RC2 it get's all the thru the install then says "access denied click ok". I have a legit copy of XP Pro, is this a bug that's gone before and theres an easy fix? Or am I doing something wrong.

Lance UK

I just installed SP2 RC2 (XP Home), everything is working just fine, except for one thing. After the logon screen it takes an extra 30 seconds or so to load the apps I have that start up (Zone Alarm, Norton, Winamp, Yzdock). It's like there are more things loading or something. But after that it runs normal again. Any ideas?

yes; dont have so many things load at startup!!

Norton is this biggest bloatware of all; if you have the xp firewall enabled, which it probably did by default, your zone alarm load is un-necessary, winamp doesnt need to load on "statup", and so on..

you can disable some services also, but if you don't know what you are doing, don't bother with that...