The SP2 Thread - Reloaded

Is concurrent sessions enabled in SP2 RC2?

Or is there a way TO enable them?

There was an article on how to enable them but i dont know if it is enabled in RC2.

Damn. I hope the final will be released soon. I'd like to reinstall XP with a slipstreamed SP2, not SP1 and then wait 3 hours for the updates (thank God for the great work the AutoPatcher guys do!).

What kind of dumb service pack doesn't recognize the two market leaders in security products (I'm talking about NAV and Zone Alarm Pro)? Lol, perhaps MS are planning to buy all the other vendors and this is part of their monopoly behaviour!

Cod

Microsoft is not making any company do anything...

They have simply created a usefull security centre and it is the job of the different companies to tap into it.

From what i've heard, some companies will not hook into the security centre until SP2 goes gold. This is to avoid making their product compatible once, then microsoft may change something, then need to make their product compatible again. Once SP2 goes gold basically all firewall and AV products that are still in active development will tap in.

they have to make their security products support the microsoft security center. it isn't microsoft's fault.

True. If Microsoft adapted their own operating system to account for every single piece of software out there, do you realise how bloated it would become? It is the job of software developers to make sure their products are compatible!

hey all im new the SP2 thing why can't i download it via windows update? i read the 1st page of this thread, it installed v5 and the backround intelligence transfer service 2.0. but nothing shows up under beta under windows update. i dont want to download the 235mb RC2 if a new build is out today via windows update. can anyone help?

hey all im new the SP2 thing why can't i download it via windows update? i read the 1st page of this thread, it installed v5 and the backround intelligence transfer service 2.0. but nothing shows up under beta under windows update. i dont want to download the 235mb RC2 if a new build is out today via windows update. can anyone help?

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechn...n/sp2predl.mspx

How do I check If I installed the backround intelligence transfer service 2?

I installed WUv5 and installed the updates, but the service pack doesnt show in the updates

*bump* Any question to my answer?

You don't need to Bump the thread m8 its sticky :D

Start > Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services

Look for the "Background Intelligent Transfer Service" it should be on Automatic or Manual

When I try to install SP2 RC2 I get this error.

The file c:\windows\system32\drivers\atapi.sys is open or in use by another application.

Close all other programs and click retry. I have no programs open. What the. D:

Any help would be appreciated.