The SP2 Thread - Reloaded

remember when windows 2000 came out... ms released a small tool that analyzed your system to tell you what applications would cause problems. i wonder why there isn't something like that for sp2... just a thought.

Word through the grapevine (not from my reliable source this time) 2180 compiled today, carrying a tag of 040803-1728. Cream, please check this for me. :D

Word through the grapevine (not from my reliable source this time) 2180 compiled today, carrying a tag of 040803-1728.

040803 >> 2004 Aug 03

So, is this the RTM release? I hope so.

RTW of SP2 is a day before the Blaster worm was released. :D

"Just No" :huh: Do you even know what day of the week it is or are u in dreamland :s

Edit: lol 'RTW of SP2 comes about year after the Blaster worn was released' :D

Edited by McGazza

Hopefully SP2 is complete, and on the web by today / tomorrow. Been waiting 2-3 months to format and start fresh.

Well i hope it comes out this week *fingers crossed* Who thinks it will come out ontime then ? :)

Hopefully SP2 is complete, and on the web by today / tomorrow. Been waiting 2-3 months to format and start fresh.

Me too! I've been holding off since Neowin rumoured it was coming in two weeks.... a month ago.

I need to format so badly! :D

August 4th RTM and RTAU (Auto Update)

August 5th Release to MSDN and Download Centre August

25th Release to Windows Update (and SUS)

Just found this on privatenews.microsoft.com from someone named Bill. I dont know which Bill this is, but it sounds interesting.

About time :D

They'll probably release W2K SP-5 soon as well (I hope) - I've noticed, that new driver updates for W2K usually appear on WU just before a new SP only. And what do ya know - there was an update for my graphics adapter available on August 1. It's just a strange theory of mine, and I haven't slept for 26 hours :x (so much for credability :lol:), but it hasn't failed ... yet :blink: - I better go to bed now :pinch:

Anyone else experience the problem with SP2 where you click on the IE icon on the desktop and it does not recognize the click if the end of the pointer is in the middle of the 'e'. , specifically in the hole below the horizontal line of the 'e'? If that makes any sense. I have a system without SP2 and I can't get it to repeat the problem. (sounds serious, doesn't it?)

Anyone else experience the problem with SP2 where you click on the IE icon on the desktop and it does not recognize the click if the end of the pointer is in the middle of the 'e'. , specifically in the hole below the horizontal line of the 'e'? If that makes any sense. I have a system without SP2 and I can't get it to repeat the problem. (sounds serious, doesn't it?)

Showstopping. :|

Not Repro -- Closed, as the windowsbeta bug tracker would say. ;)