The SP2 Thread - Reloaded

I must say that they've worked magic on IE. For me, it's many times faster than on SP1. Firefox is now getting some real competition.

Good job, Redmond fellas.

I hope that I didn't confuse anyone. If you still look it up - it will say 5.1.2600 (As in Still Windows XP) - but do me a Favor & open Windows Explorer or Internet Explorer or Outlook Express & check out the Program Version Numbers using the "About" menu item. Ah there she is: "6.0.2900.2180_XPSP_SP2_RTM" - and guess what I used to have a lot of Problems with Windows Explorer Crashing on me all the time - So Far it has only Crashed on me Once - But hey I an still Breaking the OS in!!! I like how MS Fixed up Internet Explorer & Outlook too! I think that I will continue to use IE - But I am going to Switch E-mail Clients!!!! :woot:

does anyone know if when you upgrade to SP2, it automatically forces you to go to WindowsUpdate 5?

and for thsoe that it does.... if you have a illegal cd=key... does it let you use it? (i'm thinking no?)

does anyone know if when you upgrade to SP2, it automatically forces you to go to WindowsUpdate 5?

and for thsoe that it does.... if you have a illegal cd=key... does it let you use it? (i'm thinking no?)

Yup.

I updated to WU5 before SP2 and it didn't let me use the key, but once I updated SP2 (and it reinstalled WU5 anyway), it let me use it.

Has anyone come across the message where it says you do not have permissions to install....bla.

I am logged on as local administrator. Anything else I need to do?

Mark

Is it available in french? I just went to MS website and even in english, it says that it's still not available for download so I was wondering if it has been released yet in french.

I installed the 2180 build two hours before it published by Microsoft.

i'm getting this title (in the "About windows")

Build 2600.xpsp_xpsp2_rtm.040803-2158: Service Pack 2

What should be written there?

-------------------------

My first Post :)

Hello Neowin!

Is it available in french? I just went to MS website and even in english, it says that it's still not available for download so I was wondering if it has been released yet in french.

From MS:

" Those using the English version of Windows will start receiving updates in the next few days, Microsoft said."

So, no other languages atm.

yep? its the final:yes::

so do i need Patched UxTheme.dll for Windows XP SP2?

and what this for?

:laugh:: :laugh:: :laugh::

Edited by DayDay