Windows 7, black area around monitor?

Really? I would really appreciate that a lot..

So, in that screen, if you click on "Digital Panel (DVI) 4" there is no section for "Image Scaling"?

post-117480-1240390332_thumb.jpg

So, in that screen, if you click on "Digital Panel (DVI) 4" there is no section for "Image Scaling"?

For some reason, on Windows 7 I don't have that option. However, on Windows Vista, I do.

For some reason, on Windows 7 I don't have that option. However, on Windows Vista, I do.

Have you contact ATI support about your problem? They will fix the problem and send you an updated driver. Unless you may get unofficial modded driver from that guy above.

Otherwise you may use one of the 2 plans that I posted earlier.

If I were you, I'd get a new video card and get rid of that old outdated card.

Good luck.

• Like 2

Hmm, I guess it is a driver problem then. I forgot I was on Vista and not 7 at the moment. My Windows 7 machine has a 2900PRO connected only via VGA so I can't really check it out for you. Maybe the modded driver will work.

ATi's latest driver readme mentions this as a bug in the driver.

His card is outdated. Because I have been to ATI website and find win7 based driver and ended up getting a "No results returned".. Best solution is get a new card. Otherwise if he can wait, then he wait for a updated driver for his current card.

• Like 2

Thanks everyone. If I can get a hold of a modded driver i'll try that, otherwise i'll just wait until Windows 7 goes RTM and get one then.

Looks to me like monitor settings, if you go into the settings see if you can change the settings between 16:9, 16:10, 4:3, original, stretch. thats the way it is on mine anyway

Edit: get a vga cable

• 4 weeks later...

I found a solution for NVIDIA users

1. Install the lastest NVIDIA driver.

2. Enter in NVIDIA Control Panel, choose advance settings.

3. Go to Display -> Manage Custom Resolutions

4. Click Create... button

5. Fill your desired resolutions settings and GDI Refresh Rate.. (60, 75..) and click Advanced...

6. In Timing standard, select one of the options available (GTF, DMT, CVT...) continue testing those options until you get no black borders.

I got here: 1280x800, 75Hz, CVT, no black borders with native 1440x900 LCD monitor.