X-Men Origins: Wolverine + windows 7

Wolverine.exe - System Error

---------------------------

The program can't start because XAPOFX1_1.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

I get this when i try to run the game.

Help

Trying setting your options to vista compatibility mode for the run file, see if that works. Also try installing in vista compatibility mode as well.

Not trying to hijack the thread and all, but I am having similar problems with this game and windows 7 - seems that every time I try and start the game, the screen goes completely black and my monitor says "Input not supported"...

...Bit confused as to why, as that would mean surely that it is trying a resolution/refresh rate my monitor cannot display, and it is a brand new 24" ProLite B2409HDS.

I can hear the sound of the games load screens etc but just nothing is coming up! I have tried Nvidia 185 beta drivers, and the original 181.71s aswell and there is no difference. Also tried uninstalling and re-installing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Oh yeah my graphics card is an 8600GT if that helps at all...

Maybe im totaly wrong but try reinstalling directx and check if there isnt any directx packages on installation dvd/cd/whatever.

Ah, ninjad while i was reading other tabs :(

I was going to suggest downloading and installing the latest version of DirectX 9.0c from here. :p

I'm running the game with Windows 7 7077 x64 with no problems other than the game is really hard to play with a keyboard.

Dodge is Left Shift + Z + (W,S,A or D).

Hard to pull off in an emergency.

I suggest having a controller. If I were running 32-bit Windows 7, I would hook up my Playstation 3 controller to the computer and use that.

Liking the game so far......those saying its hard to dodge, have you tried double-tapping the movement keys? Much easier to dodge doing things that way.

Now this is a fun game. I actually feel like I'm Wolverine. The slow-mo kills are so fun to watch and execute. I'd say it's all the more better after watching the movie. I love it!

I'm holding off running any of my PC games on 7 7100 right now. I have it all updated but still run into missing .dll files so I'm going to stick to running on Vista.

I too am having a good time with this game. I am definitely using a controller though, I tried KB&M but controller felt better, although I do use the Keyboard on those moments you have to dodge as double tapping W is much easier than the Analog stick. :p

But really was pleasantly surprised, thought it would be horrible, but it has a fighting system very similar to God Of War, and it is pretty fluid and good, and some of the cutscenes are really good.

Its looks like a bit of Ninja Gaiden and Tomb Raider combined. I've always been a little hesitant about movies to games but good feedback.

Yeah, the thing is, the plat-forming is honestly pretty weak. By far my only complaint with the game itself. Was only one slightly challenging area so far, and it was not challenging at all to be honest. So if you are looking for good plat-forming, it can definitely be found elsewhere.

http://www.toymaker.info/Games/html/d3dx_dlls.html

Search for your missing file there and download the package containing it. Then copy the required missing file to your game folder and/or C:\Windows\System32 folder. Good luck :)

EDIT: I just tried searching for the file you posted there, and couldn't find it. That's the first time i can't find a file related to DirectX on that site though.

Sorry to jump in there Typhon but I was wondering myself and jumped on over to YouTube and watched some game play. From what I saw Wolverine is pretty much slashing the **** out of anything that moves and then does some Tomb Raider rock climbing.