The Official GTA Vice City PC Thread

i use the master trainer to just spawn a copter in the middle of the road :). but if you don't want to use that, theres one on the roof of diaz's house

Chopper locations-

A Sparrow on a roof in Little Haiti

A VCN Maverick on top of the VCN News building (near bridge to Prawn Island)

A Police Chopper on top of the Police Station in Downtown.

A Maverick on top of Diaz's mansion.

An Apache in teh Military Base (only after getting 100 packages or beating all of the main missions)

A Sea Sparrow in Diaz's back yard once you get 80 packages.

there are other locations i just dont remember them! :)

How did you get the boat that high..

I first used the "Solid Granite Car" cheat, which sunk my boat, then my boat shot out of the water and went way into the sky.

Scheduled for release in Australia, May 14th. Looking forward to it (Y)

Moved to PC Gamer

I thought Australia banned it. lol

No... not that I know of, although unfortunately it's release date has been pushed back to 6th of June.

When we bought Vice City, did we also buy the rights to the songs included? I mean, can we legally download those songs the same way that one can legally download a song that they previously purchased on a CD?

can some where please tell me where i can get the helicopter just to fly around i download this completedt game but i dunno where to get da copters from?

there's a building that you can buy that is near the stadium, it's to the north of the west island, it has 3 garages and a roof top entrance. there is a helicopter on top of this building, although (and i think this applies to the mansion as well) sometimes the helicopter is not there, all you have to do is take a trip around a block or two and come back and it should appear.

When we bought Vice City, did we also buy the rights to the songs included? I mean, can we legally download those songs the same way that one can legally download a song that they previously purchased on a CD?

I don't think so. If that was the case it'd be the same with movies and their sound tracks.

Guys I need some help.

Do any of you have a problem with objects not appearing quickly? I have my draw distance set at max, but sometimes I'll be driving along and get stuck, then the game engine catches up and I'll be stuck on a piece of scenery.

This is on a pretty decent machine too.

P4 2.4GHz

GF4 Ti 4600

640MB Ram

???

Guys I need some help.

Do any of you have a problem with objects not appearing quickly? I have my draw distance set at max, but sometimes I'll be driving along and get stuck, then the game engine catches up and I'll be stuck on a piece of scenery.

sorry, never had this problem. Did you install the full version or the cut down version?? don't know if that'd make a difference as i thought the full version was just the music.

does playing around with the settings help or make no difference???

maybe it's the CD drive, or the CD may be iffy.

Guys I need some help.

P4 2.4GHz

GF4 Ti 4600

640MB Ram

???

Yes I had this too, it is fairly easy to fix though.

1) Enable the frame limiter. This fixes 9 out of 10 problems with graphics. There is one con... you only get 30fps, which is not much. That is why I use solution 2 :D

2) Run the game in Windows 98/ME compatibility mode. Wiiiieehiiieee, now it works fine and it is also has high framerates :)

In this mode you can get minor graphic corruptions, for example if you look at the sky, the textures might shift a little. Though this is really minor and not really annoying. If you really want to fix this you should choose option 1.

3) There is a patch... I have no idea what it does, but it's worth a try.

Guys I need some help.

P4 2.4GHz

GF4 Ti 4600

640MB Ram

???

Yes I had this too, it is fairly easy to fix though.

1) Enable the frame limiter. This fixes 9 out of 10 problems with graphics. There is one con... you only get 30fps, which is not much. That is why I use solution 2 :D

2) Run the game in Windows 98/ME compatibility mode. Wiiiieehiiieee, now it works fine and it is also has high framerates :)

In this mode you can get minor graphic corruptions, for example if you look at the sky, the textures might shift a little. Though this is really minor and not really annoying. If you really want to fix this you should choose option 1.

3) There is a patch... I have no idea what it does, but it's worth a try.

Thanks Schmoove! I'll give that a try, sounds like you've had the exact same problem.

@ Fudgemonkey - yep full install.

I'll let you know how it goes...

I don't think so. If that was the case it'd be the same with movies and their sound tracks.

You are absolutely right. I didn't think about that aspect...

hey mike, is that a new property? tell me please how to get there...tbanks :)

its across from your mansion on that small island, but you can't buy it