The Official GTA Vice City PC Thread

"Stores Knocked Off"... what is that?

How do I do it? :s

Finding all packages is possible without a guide, but I don't feel like playing this game for 12 hours/day for a couple of months just looking for them.

I've found 16 out of 100.

Finding all packages is possible without a guide, but I don't feel like playing this game for 12 hours/day for a couple of months just looking for them.

there are stores dotted around that you can rob.

just run in and point yer gun at them, the longer you do, the more money you get. also the more stars you get :)

you can shoot the cashier or just take the money and run :devil: :devil:

there are stores dotted around that you can rob.

just run in and point yer gun at them, the longer you do, the more money you get. also the more stars you get :)

you can shoot the cashier or just take the money and run :devil: :devil:

How do I point the gun without pulling the trigger??? Is there a 'Point gun' button?

how do i fly that mini rc helicopter? i can only make it go up and down

;) use w and s to make it go up and down, q and e to turn, and 6 and 9 on the numpad to go forward and backward

flying the mini heli's are HARD, i found it so much easier on the ps2 controller but driving cars and shooting guns were hard on ps2 and easy on PC. But i struggled through that mini helicopter part. Took me 4 tries to get it perfect with like 20 secs to spare.

You move the mouse.. please tell me you are kidding.

Well if I just point the gun to the clerk nothing really happens. Plus I heard of some kind of 'target' button in the PS2 version of the game......

So basicly I can point the gun at anyone I want, but they don't hand me the cash you see :)

Thanks for thinking that I'm a complete moron... really appreciate it :p

Well if I just point the gun to the clerk nothing really happens. Plus I heard of some kind of 'target' button in the PS2 version of the game......

So basicly I can point the gun at anyone I want, but they don't hand me the cash you see :)

Bind your buttons...

I've changed all the controls, sucks with the default layout, you don't know where everything is.

I thought it was sarcasm. You can never tell if its internet sarcasm. I see what you mean now though. You cant rob Ammunation because the guy has a gun, but the rest you can. Just get the guy in your crosshairs.

How do I point the gun without pulling the trigger??? Is there a 'Point gun' button?

thought that would be comming next ;)

it's different to the PS2 version in that the PS2 has a "Target enemy" button which when pressed brings up a target reticule around the person you target and Tommy points his gun at them.

However the PC version doesn't seem to do this, instead there is a "target" button but it's for when you have the sniper or heavy machine gun, it basically switches to first person so you can aim.

For robberies i find that if you just stand infront of the person at the checkout and aim at them it'll work, you don't need to use first person, any gun will work just aim yer round targeting thingy at them. The money will start appearing at the checkout, if you're close to the checkout you'll collect the money automatically as it'll spawn on you.

But be warned that if you take the reticule off the clerk he'll sound the alarm and you'll get no more cash out of him ;)

Best one i found to start off with is the one on the western island by the police station on the main road because it's right near a Pay & Spray, perfect for escaping to ;)

how do you rob someone?...is it a mission thing or can you do it on your 'own time'..?

you can do it when you want, and as many times as you want, the longer you aim at the clerk they more money & the more wanted levels you will get.

there are various stores dotted around the game, pharmacies are the most common i think

Edited by FudgeMonkey

can't wait to get this game. i used to make maps for the original GTA, and GTA London, and i'm gonna give Vice City maps a go. It makes the game a bit more interesting once you complete it, because you can make your own missions and cars and pretty much everything you can change.

I have all the hidden packages and I have robbed those 15 stores.

Now I only have the jumps and the rampage things left.

The jumps will take ages and I will keep failing the rampages.

The rest is just fun.

the worst missions are the vigilante, paramedic and firefighter missions where u have to get pass to level 12....

good luck with those...

For Vigilante, take the Hunter ("Apache")... it's easy. :)

Finish all the main missions and you will find one at the military base north of the airport.

Or if you have found the 100 hidden packages then you can find one on the helipad on Ocean Beach.

i've done all the missions i can find except the boat dock and the cherry popper... may've been posted, but this is a looong thread... how do you do deals with the icecream truck? there's no blip to go to.. i drove all around the city, parked in areas to get people to come by.. but nothing..