Xbox 360 Wireless Adapter -SLOW-

Is anyone else having issues with the Wireless Network Adapter from Microsoft ?

Navigating the content on XBL takes forever... game covers take 5 minutes to fully load. When wired it litteraly fly.

The router is right beside the xbox. No interference. Changed the channel to different values (currently: 5).

Up to now nothing has fixed it. I'm thinking about bringing the adapter back to bestbuy and buy another router instead to connect it in client mode using DD-WRT w/ the xbox360.

Mine works fine, about the only piece of wireless hardware I own that hasn't caused me any problems.

I take it you've connected to the router with something else and had no speed issues?

do you have a laptop that uses wireless? try installing Inssider to check what other wireless networks are in range. it can tell you what channels they're using as well as the strength of their signal. it can help you find a better channel. remember, 1, 6 and 11 do not overlap and are the best ones to choose from. 5 will overlap with 1 and 6 causing more interference with other networks.

this is my understanding of it at least and i may not be explaining it the best but I believe the advice is sound. if someone else finds holes in what i'm saying, please correct me.

Virtorio: 2 wireless laptops connect to the router (Linksys WRT160N with DD-WRT) and have no issues. They are currently turned off to troubleshoot the problem more efficiently.

Spyder: Very good idea. I know there are at least 3 other SSIDs showing up when connecting with the laptops (they do no show up on the 360, however). You might want to take a look at this freeware from Nirsoft. standalone executable, very simple with lots of info. http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wireless_network_view.html

Thanks for help guys, I'll try what spyder suggested.

edit: here what's showing up; mine is ovbiously the first one on top.

post-15241-1242597596_thumb.jpg

Edited by xplatinum

thats your problem, the channel your using is very crowded, you should always leave at least 1 gap between your channel and someone else. E.g there on channel 6 you would not use 5 or 7 but 8 and 4 would be acceptable, change the channel on your router to something at least 1 channel away from everyone else and see if it solves the problem.

thats your problem, the channel your using is very crowded, you should always leave at least 1 gap between your channel and someone else. E.g there on channel 6 you would not use 5 or 7 but 8 and 4 would be acceptable, change the channel on your router to something at least 1 channel away from everyone else and see if it solves the problem.

I'm on channel.1 right now and I am experiencing the same problems.

Might be an issue with my version of DD-WRT.

I'm using DD-WRT in combination with Xbox Live too. Xbox Live is working much faster now after I switched of WMM in the DD-WRT options. Good luck.

I'm experiencing the same issue. But my xbox is also slow at loading games, setting up downloads, loading media center and Quiting games to marketplace. Also downloading updates using wireless is a problem. The download is quick but it takes ages before it notifies me.

I use a BT Home Hub as my Wireless dongle for the 360 and havn't got any speed issues, it's cheap as chips too. I got 2 Home Hubs off eBay for under a tenner.

One thing that does take forecver, is when i select a game in NXE the featured downloads, details etc. take FOREVER to load, FOREVER!

I use a BT Home Hub as my Wireless dongle for the 360 and havn't got any speed issues, it's cheap as chips too. I got 2 Home Hubs off eBay for under a tenner.

One thing that does take forecver, is when i select a game in NXE the featured downloads, details etc. take FOREVER to load, FOREVER!

I've not been using Live online as I've not had gold in a month or two but I've heard other people complaining the marketplace and what not is becoming quite sluggish (the rotating orb loading icon appearing for quite a bit).

Yeah it does. And another thing is that when NXE first came out, I was so happy, it never froze. Now it freezes all the time.

I'm guessing it's just the NXE interface that's freezing because if I open the guide in-game the game is often still running perfectly well in the background, but the guide freezes for ages.