Barclays Premier League Season 2009/2010

Premier League 2009/2010  

437 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Premier League in 2010?

• Arsenal
    • Aston Villa
    • Birmingham City
    • Blackburn Rovers
    • Bolton Wanderers
    • Burnley
    • Chelsea
    • Everton
    • Fulham
    • Hull City
    • Liverpool
    • Manchester City
    • Manchester United
    • Portsmouth
    • Stoke City
    • Sunderland
    • Tottenham Hotspur
    • West Ham United
    • Wigan Athletic
    • Wolverhampton Wanderers
  2. 2. Who will be relegated in 2010? [Select 3]

• Arsenal
    • Aston Villa
    • Birmingham City
    • Blackburn Rovers
    • Bolton Wanderers
    • Burnley
    • Chelsea
    • Everton
    • Fulham
    • Hull City
    • Liverpool
    • Manchester City
    • Manchester United
    • Portsmouth
    • Stoke City
    • Sunderland
    • Tottenham Hotspur
    • West Ham United
    • Wigan Athletic
    • Wolverhampton Wanderers
  3. 3. Who will be top scorer?

• Andrei Arshavin
    • Carlos Tevez
    • Didier Drogba
    • Dimitar Berbatov
    • Emmanuel Adebayor
    • Fernando Torres
    • Frank Lampard
    • Gabriel Agbonlahor
    • Nicolas Anelka
    • Robin van Persie
    • Robinho
    • Roque Santa Cruz
    • Steven Gerrard
    • Wayne Rooney
    • Yakubu Aiyegbeni
    • Other

Pompey lost again. Brum had a penalty in the extra time.

The tatics and drive of the team is nowhere to be seen, if we want to stay up we have to beat brum in both fixtures!

Amazing man united result :laugh: Far better from Liverpool, Stoke provided us with a bit of a banana skin last season, so this is a more positive step in the right direction

oh dear Man Utd you need to win those games (and pref every game)!

Yeah :unsure: Not the best of nights for us. Seems like we're missing Ronaldo already. Struggled a bit against Birmingham and beaten by Burnley. Things better pick up sharpish!

Just got back from the game, what a result and what an atmosphere. Johnson and Lucas were both superb.

Did anyone see (hear) our protest on the telly during half time?

Liverpool%20v%20Stoke%20City%20Premier%20League%20mVhbJyIVC7Tl.jpg

haha lol, utd losing lol... NO

Oops :p

Edited by Martyn

Yeah :unsure: Not the best of nights for us. Seems like we're missing Ronaldo already. Struggled a bit against Birmingham and beaten by Burnley. Things better pick up sharpish!

Yeah your missing something but its pleasing Frank and Martyn none the less :laugh:

No kidding. Just watched it on MOTD, and Burnley where nothing short of heroic. Wonderful winning goal, and the keeper was outstanding, he deserves a whole season's worth of wages as bonus for his performance in that match.

Shock result, but yeah i'd agree that Ronaldo is being missed. It is in those kind of matches that his influence really told.

Was also really impressed with Johnson today, his attacking play is adding an extra attacking dimension to Liverpool. Great skill, and provides the width sorely needed. Could well prove the difference this year, as long as the core of the first team can stay fit most of the time, and Rafa finally appears to have gotten his head around the fact that starting with Benayoun ahead of Babel is a winning move.

Far better performance, and more importantly the points where wrapped up in the kind of game that we dropped points in last season, but squad reinforcement is needed.

However, for me, last season's top 3 all need to raise their game somewhat.

No kidding. Just watched it on MOTD, and Burnley where nothing short of heroic.

Maybe, but they got lucky too. You can't dismissed that.

Maybe, but they got lucky too. You can't dismissed that.

Why is it that Man united fans can never just accept that they got beat fair and square. Always some excuse.

I was actually joking when I said that, it is a sign of a good team being able to grind out a 1-0 win when not playing well.

Besides, I watched the re-run, and I don't consider Burnley lucky. Sure they rode by the seat of their pants a little bit, but most of the time it was good defending and goalkeeping that snuffed united's threats out, not luck like shots hitting the frame of the goal, bad refereeing ETC. United where awful, they got royally humbled, and their fans just can't swallow it. Makes me chuckle to myself now, when I think back to late march / early april just before the 1-4 Liverpool humiliation, when their fans where blabbering on full of unflappable arrogance about how they where invincible, the best team in the world ETC.

You watch the re-run, I watch the entire game. And I still think Burnley was lucky. They scored one goal and stayed in defense the rest of the game. This time it worked, because, yes, we were bad (and we missed a penalty...) but it won't work every time. I don't think we're invicible, nobody is, but I do think we are far better than what we showed wenesday.

You watch the re-run, I watch the entire game. And I still think Burnley was lucky. They scored one goal and stayed in defense the rest of the game. This time it worked, because, yes, we were bad (and we missed a penalty...) but it won't work every time. I don't think we're invicible, nobody is, but I do think we are far better than what we showed wenesday.

Well, I didn't see the game coz I was too busy the whole day. But I don't see from what you said how Burnley was lucky? They scored one and then went on defence.. to me thats called strategy not luck.. they then defended so well that Man U attack which is poor without Ronaldo and Tevez could not break them down.. you say yourself their strategy worked coz Utd were bad.. so they were lucky that to be playing a bad team?

Ahem.. we were invincible for that amazing season.. and I'd love to go to OT when Utd is in this kind of form and we are looking very good so far..

Why is it that Man united fans can never just accept that they got beat fair and square. Always some excuse.

Why can't other fans admit that united always started slow, so this isn't a shock, and that they will like always probably end up winning the title anyway?

Well, I didn't see the game coz I was too busy the whole day. But I don't see from what you said how Burnley was lucky? They scored one and then went on defence.. to me thats called strategy not luck.. they then defended so well that Man U attack which is poor without Ronaldo and Tevez could not break them down.. you say yourself their strategy worked coz Utd were bad.. so they were lucky that to be playing a bad team?

Ahem.. we were invincible for that amazing season.. and I'd love to go to OT when Utd is in this kind of form and we are looking very good so far..

We are missing those 5 goals a season from ?25m man tevez, who has been on one hell of a hot streak for man city....

I thought Park did quite well in going missing during these rubbish games against 11 men behind the ball, the same way Ronaldo always did.

The only place we'll miss him is in the big games where he wanted to perform, such as europe against Arsenal, Burnely was the type of game he'd go missing in constently being clipped by tight marking.

They got lucky cause they scored the first and only time (I think it's the only one) they came in our 16 metres.

So basically when a team plays defensively and wins, it's luck? Newsflash: Small teams almost always use that tactic against big teams. Still, love the excuses (Y)

So that's Fulham, Chelsea, Arsenal and now Manchester United that Burnley have all beaten inside of a year so er where does the luck come into it? I love it when the small sides in the Prem beat the big boys then all the excuses come out either they had injuries (no one else has those) or they didn't have some player cause they sold them (big deal get over it, it's not the small teams fault you've not replaced them).

Just admit you got beaten by a better team if you don't believe Burnley were the better team then go and have another look at the scoreline.