WZOR reports Build 7600 RTM ?

But we all know that it's NOT available on MSDN/Technet/Connect. Nor will it be for a while yet.

Nor have we actually confirmed that this IS the RTM version. Although, it's seeming plausible so far.

Myth : Busted Plausible ? :p

If I will preorder win7 upgrade, will I get a key on the spot or do they send keys after Oct 22nd?

Key will be given at the time of the download on Oct 22. You could try rearming three times and extend the activation time to 120 days so that way your install will last until you get the key, or simply wait.

Then you were deluding yourself. Microsoft would not make such a major change to the code base as to replace the GUI between RC and Final. Adding some icons, wallpapers, screensavers, etc, maybe... but the whole GUI, not a chance!

Who said a new GUI? :huh:

I said new icons, modified skin and new sounds.. ;)

I can't understand why if it's RTM-ing now/tomorrow why Keys can't be released and it sold/properly available this week. What's the wait for Oct 22nd GA? I know rtm means to manufacturing but it's not gonna change code by oct so why not release it for sale now?

I can't understand why if it's RTM-ing now/tomorrow why Keys can't be released and it sold/properly available this week. What's the wait for Oct 22nd GA? I know rtm means to manufacturing but it's not gonna change code by oct so why not release it for sale now?

You do realize things like this take time to setup.... even downloading from web...

You do realize things like this take time to setup.... even downloading from web...

Well they could still release the keys, and if people can figure out a way to get RTM, then so be it.

Takes time for everyone to prepare and support the win7. If everyone just started downloading and installing it right now, then imagine all the complaints people would have if their software and hardware wasn't working properly. These release dates are never just randomly picked; they are picked for the reason of ensuring product quality.

Well yes, of course.

But 3 months to set up?

Or are you saying MS haven't started on the website/download for the final GA/RTM- surely they've all set and just need to place the final iso/whatever where ever it needs to go.

If they could set up the Beta and RC, they can definitely set this up and make the keys available to buyers, however, they fear someone may find loopholes and start stealing keys.

So...7600 has leaked or...not? I've read the whole thread, someone's said the download is up in links, but...I see nothin' on the Internet.

Well yes, of course.

But 3 months to set up?

Or are you saying MS haven't started on the website/download for the final GA/RTM- surely they've all set and just need to place the final iso/whatever where ever it needs to go.

Look I'm not going to get into an argument with someone on Neowin.net about the logistics and supply chain of how a distribution on web and retail is setup.

Clearly you have no clue on how many hours and the man power involved to accomplish this. So please, for the sake of the forum, stop.

So...7600 has leaked or...not? I've read the whole thread, someone's said the download is up in links, but...I see nothin' on the Internet.

it has, and there is. :)

Somebody needs to leash on this guy. If you plan on talking on this forum, lose the " **** " talk.
Aye, sir. As I previously mentioned I lost my temper and now I'm back to my senses. Thou will not read any inappropriate language from me again.

But 3 months to set up?

No, after release of RTM code needs to get thoroughly tested & validated by both microsoft & its partners. also OEM manufactures need time to get the system pre loaded with it. if they release the iso soon before OEM partners get enough time, their sale will be hurt as most people will go on buying iso. so it is more of a business decision than a technical one.

Look I'm not going to get into an argument with someone on Neowin.net about the logistics and supply chain of how a distribution on web and retail is setup.

Clearly you have no clue on how many hours and the man power involved to accomplish this. So please, for the sake of the forum, stop.

Logistics and supply chain of web and retail? Are you kidding me? Man power and hours?

THIS SHOULD ALL BE READY. This is how the RC was done- they didn't get it ready then wait 90 days to do it. Logistics has nothing to do with it. We release in-house software for clients. About 4 releases a year. Chain of distribution for online sales from our own site do not take many hours. A few minutes. And a powerhouse like MS isn't likely to do it all by hand, it's gonna be fully automated. Because this is the 21st century. The logistics of getting it to Technet aren't gonna be too different for making it available as a download from MS.com with a key, retail. But, whatever :p

You're - slightly - missing my point though, so don't worry.

Logistics and supply chain of web and retail? Are you kidding me? Man power and hours?

THIS SHOULD ALL BE READY. This is how the RC was done- they didn't get it ready then wait 90 days to do it. Logistics has nothing to do with it. We release in-house software for clients. About 4 releases a year. Chain of distribution for online sales from our own site do not take many hours. A few minutes. And a powerhouse like MS isn't likely to do it all by hand, it's gonna be fully automated. Because this is the 21st century. The logistics of getting it to Technet aren't gonna be too different for making it available as a download from MS.com with a key, retail. But, whatever :p

You're - slightly - missing my point though, so don't worry.

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT IS ALL BUSINESS AND $$$, THAT IS WHY MS WON'T RELEASE IT WHEN IT IS SIGNED OFF. They can release it now and start the automatic updates for users who have bought the official keys to release bug fixes and all other crap that needs to be released, but they won't for obvious reasons.

Grow up, personal attacks will not be tolerated.

No, Microsoft need to give OEM companies time to release fully compatible drivers. This doesn't happen overnight, and OEM companies cannot do this until Microsoft finalises the code, this process can take 3-4 months. In the mean time, Technet/MSDN/MSDNAA subscribers can get it shortly after it RTM's, and even then, those subscription services are for system testers for corporates or like Technet, software developers.

I have already apologized for the personal attacks so for heaven's sake don't bring that up again. As for your OEM companies statement, I have to say I didn't think about it. I guess you're definitely right.