WZOR reports Build 7600 RTM ?

On the "why not release it now, but in October" topic, I think it's in part because of the kind of distribution used (this perhaps takes some month alone *shrug*), and part also to find time to build "first day" patches for Windows 7 in case something serious was found in the RTM, to have ready for the OEM's in October.

I realise that you apologised, but then you went on to say this:
Well, he started it, but I don't wanna argue more and since you're his best man: I'm sorry, Pupik.

I hope this is enough to satisfy you, mate.

On the "why not release it now, but in October" topic, I think it's in part because of the kind of distribution used (this perhaps takes some month alone *shrug*), and part also to find time to build "first day" patches for Windows 7 in case something serious was found in the RTM, to have ready for the OEM's in October.

In the time up until October 22nd.

There will be more generalised testing.

OEM companies will verify that they will have the software/hardware ready for when it's released.

Microsoft marketing kicking into play, making sure there is no problems during the RTM phase and general release.

There is a lot of work to be done before things are ready.

In the time up until October 22nd.

There will be more generalised testing.

OEM companies will verify that they will have the software/hardware ready for when it's released.

Microsoft marketing kicking into play, making sure there is no problems during the RTM phase and general release.

There is a lot of work to be done before things are ready.

Boxed product takes time to produce, ship and distribute, incl. in-store marketing material, etc. Not everyone is interested in downloading an OS. The great majority gets it boxed or pre-installed with new PCs. Win7 new PCs will also take some time to reach distribution outlets and stores around the globe. All of this cannot be completed in 24 hours.

Like I mentioned earlier, I hope it is released soon so I can download it off Technet! My laptop is in a dire need of reformatting and I don't have time and I've also lost interest in constantly reformatting. So, usually now once it's installed I leave it for a year and a half or so. Don't want to put Vista, when the next issssssss sooooooooo close lol.

And everything else about that waiting time between RTM and GA is very appropriate. Think about albums and even games. Sometimes there's a month in between being done and availalbe for purchase. Software such as an OS is obviously much longer with all the the testing and everythig. Just as with Office, the waiting period is shorter (if I remember correctly).

Why do they bump the numbers up?

If the build numbers are just arbitary, then why not just let them increment up one by one?

It's common to set the build number manually for a gold release.

Just a quick question..

What does the 16384 stand for?

Good question... It's 4000 in hex, but I'm not sure what the significance would be.

Build has been locked.

We are waiting for the last minute driverset to see when it passes WHQL and then RTM-off, and deliver through official Channels.

They have made their decision on which build of the RTM candidates gets the ok. ( Unless again something HUGE changes this, I wouldn't count on such thing ).

from M$!!!

I'm so lost now between what is being said on this thread and posted on Wzor. Is 7600 RTM Final or is it another on of those leaked builds?

source?

<link snipped>

That link is supposed to say <snipped>, for some reason it was edited out. Sorry!

Edited by John S.

x86 and Server x64 version leaked already. X64 did not. They are leaked as VHD images, which ISO can be created out of it.

is the final release not x86 and x64 versions on the same disk?

is the final release not x86 and x64 versions on the same disk?

No it'll be 2 seperate disks and they're being uploaded now from China. Expect links to start surfacing VERY SOON :)

For those who are wondering why the supposed RTM isn't available on MSDN/Technet, the answer is simple. Microsoft never makes an RTM build available to MSDN/Technet. General availability is always a couple of weeks after. I do not expect to see the RTM hitting the MSDN site before July 20th.

I thought general availability was when it was made available to the public?

i dont want moderator to delete my posts for asking mem to pm me!!! :shiftyninja:

If you don't like the rules, then trot off to a warez website where you are more likely to get your answer.

But we all know that it's NOT available on MSDN/Technet/Connect. Nor will it be for a while yet.

Nor have we actually confirmed that this IS the RTM version. Although, it's seeming plausible so far.

Myth : Busted Plausible ? :p

Plausible. The digital certificate on the installer EXE is valid, and it was only signed yesterday meaning the build is brand new. A jump in build number that big probably does certify that this is the RTM

I can't understand why if it's RTM-ing now/tomorrow why Keys can't be released and it sold/properly available this week. What's the wait for Oct 22nd GA? I know rtm means to manufacturing but it's not gonna change code by oct so why not release it for sale now?

First of all, Hardware manufacturers and software vendors generally use the time between RTM and general release to test their products, so that they can deliver drivers and updates for their software and hardware, also to allow OEM's to prepare for it. The software is released to manufacturing for that very reason, so it is ready when the public can get hold of it.

x86 and Server x64 version leaked already. X64 did not. They are leaked as VHD images, which ISO can be created out of it.

So how to do we convert to ISO?