WZOR reports Build 7600 RTM ?

so will it just give the option of which version of windows 7 you want to install? or is there going to be several releases for home, proffessional and ultimate?

so will it just give the option of which version of windows 7 you want to install? or is there going to be several releases for home, proffessional and ultimate?

Prob not. The leaked version is ultimate with everything unlocked. So I don't know if anyone would bother uploading the home or professional versions.

Prob not. The leaked version is ultimate with everything unlocked. So I don't know if anyone would bother uploading the home or professional versions.

There will be only one DVD of Windows 7. Depending on the product key the user will activate the version purchased. I don't know what this leaked file exactly is...

There will be only one DVD of Windows 7. Depending on the product key the user will activate the version purchased. I don't know what this leaked file exactly is...

Probably speculation. Only 1 DVD for x86 and one for x64..

Probably speculation. Only 1 DVD for x86 and one for x64..

Didn't Windows Vista Ultimate users get a x86 and a x64 on separate DVD's?

From what I know.......it's one DVD for all versions and depending on what cd key you get that is the version you'll activate. However, there will be 2 separate DVDs for x86 and x64.

Are the new sounds in this build? :woot:

New sounds? There's been new sound schemes since 6956. If you mean the logon sound, that's probably not going to be/isn't replaced.

I'm disappointed that Microsoft didn't take the time to replace the 4 or so icons from Windows Vista that really stuck out, and really disappointed that they probably didn't make the logon experience better. Seriously, it looks so harsh going from black to the logon - at least vista had a fancy animation and then the logon faded in.

I'm disappointed that Microsoft didn't take the time to replace the 4 or so icons from Windows Vista that really stuck out, and really disappointed that they probably didn't make the logon experience better.

Who in their right mind actually has logon sounds or the default icons on almost any OS? I mean seriously, the first thing I do on any OS is I turn off any system sounds, replace the icons and whatever awful wallpapers / colour schemes they ship with.

They're just sounds - replace them with .. I don't know, SOMETHING :p

I'm disappointed that Microsoft didn't take the time to replace the 4 or so icons from Windows Vista that really stuck out, and really disappointed that they probably didn't make the logon experience better. Seriously, it looks so harsh going from black to the logon - at least vista had a fancy animation and then the logon faded in.

It's basically another confirmation that interface consistency isn't really that high on the agenda with Microsoft. The icon style of the changed icons (system preferences, calculator etc.) has absolutely nothing to do anymore with the style of the Vista icons.

Who in their right mind actually has logon sounds or the default icons on almost any OS? I mean seriously, the first thing I do on any OS is I turn off any system sounds, replace the icons and whatever awful wallpapers / colour schemes they ship with.

Using that logic companies like Apple and Microsoft should invest little time and effort in interface design at all, you can change it anyway right? Next to that changing icons and most other resources on Mac OS X is a whole lot easier than on Windows.

Edited by .Neo

They're just sounds - replace them with .. I don't know, SOMETHING :p

I think a lot of people just leave it as is..that's why the Out Of Box Experience is so important.

Where is the new UI Paul Thurrott mentioned? lol

He said it was a rumor.

who care about 4 bloody icons in anycase, they aint even important ones

Uh it's inconsistent. It makes it look bad.

Is it me, or has that thread on that website where all this 7600 stuff was going on gone?

I'm not really that bothered TBH, but there were thousands downloading from him...

EDIT: Ah, it's been explained. It was deleted, it should be back up again shortly.

Edited by Livin in a box

He said it was a rumor.

Uh it's inconsistent. It makes it look bad.

Yet people still use it, if people voted with their wallet instead of sat whining about it maybe they would change it, but then the people whining about the inconsistent UI are the vocal minority and not worth Microsoft time and money creating a new GUI which no doubt people would whine about they cant win.