WZOR reports Build 7600 RTM ?

I guess we'll all find out demain..........I hope it's true. I've been postponing a reformat for over a month and I don't think my laptop can last much longer without one lol

Several other sites is reporting that the chinese uploader that "went to sleep" is a fake.

Well he started uploading the rest of the files so right now its looking pretty legit. So far only 1-10, 11, and 16 have been uploaded

Well he started uploading the rest of the files so right now its looking pretty legit. So far only 1-10, 11, and 16 have been uploaded

and 17 :)

Does anyone wonder how a guy with 56k got a hold of this supposed official release?

no idea, might be an eployee using his home connection.

But Links were edited out by him not too long ago, after that the thread was inaccessible :(

Edit: if you register you can access them again :p

Edited by joontje

I am suprised that icons were not updated, not much of UI changes.

You had build 7600 installed?

If build 7600 doesn't have icons/wallpapers/screensavers/sound ect.. updated it could mean that build 7600 is not the final RTM or else.

You had build 7600 installed?

If build 7600 doesn't have icons/wallpapers/screensavers/sound ect.. updated it could mean that build 7600 is not the final RTM or else.

They're not adding new icons. It's way too late in the development stage. They had their chance with the 726x builds.

They're not adding new icons. It's way too late in the development stage. They had their chance with the 726x builds.

Apparently you missed Vista's RTM.

They waited until the RTM build to add the wallpapers, Icons, Sounds.

I was in it for the beta and all the RCs. They didn't wait until 6000 to add them. They waited until the 58xx builds.

Quoting wikipedia:

Pre-RTM

Because a release to manufacturing (RTM) build is the final version of code shipped to retailers and other distributors, the purpose of a pre-RTM build is to eliminate any last "show-stopper" bugs that may prevent the code from responsibly being shipped to customers, as well as anything else that consumers may find annoying. Thus, it is unlikely that any major new features will be introduced; instead, work will focus on Vista's "fit-and-finish". In just a few days, developers had managed to drop Vista's bug count from over 2470 on September 22 to just over 1400 by the time RC2 shipped in early October. However, they still had a ways to go before Vista was ready to RTM. Microsoft's internal processes required Vista's bug count to drop to 500 or fewer before the product could go into escrow for RTM.[51] For most of these builds, only 32-bit versions were

Build 5840 (build date of October 18, 2006) was made available to internal testers. According to Paul Thurrott, this build did not contain the major bug in build 5824, and testing produced very positive feedback. This build contained a large number of new and final icons, as well as a new set of final wallpapers, including a new default wallpaper based on the Aurora "swoosh" seen in prior builds.[53][dubious – discuss]

With 7, we're past Pre-RTM.

Well, if we all learned anything about win7, they have totally changed the entire approach to the developmental process. So, just because this happened with vista does not mean it will happen again. I just don't understand what some peoples' fascination is with a bunch of icons, wallpapers, and sounds. Seriously, I care more about functionality and reliability than some little chime whenever windows starts up.

Well, if we all learned anything about win7, they have totally changed the entire approach to the developmental process. So, just because this happened with vista does not mean it will happen again. I just don't understand what some peoples' fascination is with a bunch of icons, wallpapers, and sounds. Seriously, I care more about functionality and reliability than some little chime whenever windows starts up.

True, but then I guess some people expected MS to finish the extra icing in the form of icons and such since they changed some things around. Windows 7 could use some more visual polishing, like a matching menubar (the purple doesn't go with the blue Folderband) and a better looking Basic theme, but I agree with functionality and reliability over eye candy. Probably because I can add the eye candy in myself. :)

I'm just concerned about it being so similar to vista that people are just going to think it's the same thing with a new taskbar. Then again, people didn't notice when they called vista mojave. My uncle thinks it looks good and i didn't hear him say anything about similarities to vista, so meh.

But i'm still mad that they have only like 4 new icons that don't match the style of anything else.

Haha Core i7 with 1gb of ram?

virtual machine? VMware ESXi VM's will say the host processor, but maybe they only assigned 1GB of ram to it.

the only problem is that you don't really know if the leaks are actually what they claim to be.

It's pretty asinine to pirate an operating system to begin with, you have no guarantee that the download wasn't tempered with.

Thats what Hash's are for.

7600 will be the RTM build, but 16384 may not be the RTM build string. MS may decide to rebuild 7600, because as of now, there has been no confirmation that the RTM has been signed off. It could be that MS is simply keeping quiet, but it's possible that they will be rebuilding 7600 under a new string.

That said, the current 7600 build is authentic. The digital signatures are real. And until MS releases another 7600 build, we can only assume its the RTM.

BTW, all x64 RTM torrents are fake. They are builds of Vista x64. WZOR as not leaked x64 RTM client, the only person doing it now is this Chinese guy and he is four RARs short. We'll have it by morning for sure (I'm currently waiting on last four RARs, hopefully he doesn't go to sleep again)

Edited by xTrinity

7600 will be the RTM build, but 16384 may not be the RTM build string. MS may decide to rebuild 7600, because as of now, there has been no confirmation that the RTM has been signed off. It could be that MS is simply keeping quiet, but its possible that they will be rebuilding 7600 under a new string.

That said, the current 7600 build is authentic. The digital signatures are real. And until MS releases another 7600 build, we can only assume its the RTM.

BTW, all x64 RTM torrants are fake. They are builds of Vista x64. WZOR as not leaked x64 RTM client, the only person doing it now is this Chinese guy and he is four RARs short. We'll have it by morning for sure (I'm currently waiting on last four RARs, hopefully he doesn't go to sleep again)

In that case, I might as well just wait for the confirmation in the morning to before downloading the remaining parts (only had the first 10 thus far). Don't want to waste my time if it they are rebuilding it like some people are suggesting.

In that case, I might as well just wait for the confirmation in the morning to before downloading the remaining parts (only had the first 10 thus far). Don't want to waste my time if it they are rebuilding it like some people are suggesting.

Yeah, same :/

The guy now puts up a pole and ask what people wants for the next one. :huh:

scr_52.jpg

now i think he has faked up all else instead of a poll he would have uploaded remaining parts of rar. he is just delaying it when only 4 parts are left if they all are true.

now i think he has faked up all else instead of a poll he would have uploaded remaining parts of rar. he is just delaying it when only 4 parts are left if they all are true.

Only two parts missing now.

Was four/five an hour ago, so definite progress.

this is quite sad... the people that are waiting are like... really crazy people, ha. No joke, over at another forum that I have been watching, well over 1000 posts made now about this. I say wait.