WZOR reports Build 7600 RTM ?

ive seen some sites saying that 7600 is not the RTM

Among Windows fans, here's how much anticipation there is for the completion of Windows 7: There's actually a Web site called Has Windows 7 RTMed?

Today, the message at the site was changed to YES!, with a build number: 7600.16384.090710-1945.

Long Zheng, a respected Windows blogger in Australia who operates the site, posted to Twitter today that he believes Windows 7 has been completed and released to manufacturing. But he may have spoken too soon.

A Microsoft spokesman told me this afternoon that no, a final build has not been declared for Windows 7, and it has not been released to manufacturing.

Formally, all Microsoft is saying is that Windows 7 will RTM sometime this month.

There is, however, a build with this number on it making its way through the torrents.

source: blogs.chron.com

PCBeta has it up on Rapidshare now in 10 parts... i guess it's the complete OS in the 10 parts too... hmm...

nope there are 32 parts in total, with currently parts 25 and 31 currently still uploading

nope there are 32 parts in total, with currently parts 25 and 31 currently still uploading

I got a few people who are done downloading all the files, people are working together to make a torrent now.

ive seen some sites saying that 7600 is not the RTM

Remember tho, MS won't confirm anything until they are ready. It most likely IS the RTM build but the spokesperson won't say it yet.

yey finally got it, now waiting till its confirmed that its the final lol :D

Same here (I've almost downloaded the final part) - I'm waiting too.

have you checked the setup.exe? Its the real deal

setupexe.png

Have you forgotten the Vista RTM? it had 8 of the same build number.. ofc its a real copy from microsoft, if its the final thats another question.

No one is saying the build is fake - just that it's possible that it's not the final. Once again I'm going to point to that blog post linked earlier (which describes the same thing happening with Vista).

Curious as to what this is. Its going to be carnage though if MS announce that RTM will be finalised and released NEXT Monday though...then take a potshot at the "leaked pre-final" build this weekend...heh.