WZOR reports Build 7600 RTM ?

Any changes to sounds/icons/wallpapers?

Well other than the betta fish being replaced by the real Windows wallpaper, i can't see any new icons, wallpapers or sounds

it's digital signature is legit, so it IS a real build leak from M$... whether it's the final build for RTM is up for thought. Today we'll find out via M$, and I expect to be different.

There have been new sounds for ages, you just have to change the default sound theme.

It's a shame tho that they kept the same default ones, especially the boot up one

regarding this info from wzor.net:

7600.16384.090710-1945_x64fre_client_en-us_Retail_Ultimate-GRMCULXFRER_EN_DVD.iso

SIZE: 3,224,717,312

SHA1: 0x31849B315290EFABFD81F967ED3C553D82925E4C

this .iso is on a private torrent site, look at the dates, the .iso was made 19mins after the .exe was signed which suggests that it is a legit copy and not created from a .vhd file:

107u8zs.jpg

i extracted the setup.exe file btw which is why you can see it in the screenshot.

No one is saying the build is fake - just that it's possible that it's not the final. Once again I'm going to point to that blog post linked earlier (which describes the same thing happening with Vista).

Because people don't want to read....

Several key Microsoft employees has [sic] firmly stated that Vista has not been released to manufacturing. The day might be soon, but is certainly not today, or tomorrow. There’s still a bit more work to do. Build 6000.16384 is real, but it also doesn’t mean RTM. These days, Microsoft doesn’t have to increase the major version number when building, so theoretically, any sub-set of build 6000 (6000.16385, 16386, etc…) can be RTM.

Indeed, the final build of Windows Vista was 6.0.6000.16386. It was date-stamped November 2, 2006 and wasn’t officially announced until November 8. You can still see traces of that build number today when you look at the details of some Windows Vista system files.

FAAAAAAAAAKE!

Seriously? We're obsessed with icons/sounds etc? Surely its the performance and ease of use that is of more interest.

Some people would have liked Microsoft to put a new face on Windows 7 to make it 'look' more different then Windows Vista. Don't get me wrong I really couldn't care less about the theme and icons because I will be changing them soon, but I'm sure we all would have loved new icons or something fresh

anyone who has installed it, does it ask which version of windows you want to install?

if not i can't see it being the final RTM

No, it doesn't.

People don't challenge the leak being real - throughout the 20 pages it's not really been challenegd that there is no leak. It's more so "OMG IT'S NOT RTM..."

And still we don't know... Even creamhackered writes an article saying it's RTM - well no sorry, but he does not know, and I doubt many (if any) on this board do genuinely know when/if/what/who/why and all the usual crap... Lets just wait and see... We've got MSDN (some of us) so when it's out... It's out... I'm sure Microsoft will announce it as going gold.

It's far to easy to dwell on this stupid crap about having the RTM and this build is 100000% the RTM... None of us know... Simple Fact.

It doesn't ask for specific version, however apparently deleting ei.cfg in the sources directory, will make it ask for specific version.

At least no beta fish, no watermark and no expiration in winver.

it may well be the final RTM build, but i doubt microsoft will say to ppl go into the iso delete this one file burn it and then you can select the version you purchased.

clearly this is not the iso that will be burned to millions of disks and sent out worlwide